U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2019, 09:38 AM

18,671 posts, read 6,728,894 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dognight View Post
Why do they need to be bused? What is at the school that they (white or black) are being bused to that isn't at the one in their area of residence?

Do not come back at me in accusation and anger, I truly want to know the answer and have wondered about it before now.
If anyone knows the answer from a different perspective, I'd like to know.
I will answer your question seriously, though I doubt you'll care. Our school in the suburbs was a much better funded and better performing school than the city high school our bused kids would've had to go to had the urban-suburban program not been in place. And quite a few took advantage of the better education and got into good colleges
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2019, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightleavenyc View Post
Government should not be involved in education whatsoever.
Yes they should, otherwise only wealthy kids would get an education

Old 05-21-2019, 09:43 AM

12,018 posts, read 6,622,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
Busing isn't very "green".

Plus the urban kids suffer from a lack of sleep from having to wake up extra early than their suburban classmates. And they aren't happy that they have less time to hang out with their neighbor friends, and also less time to do their homework.
The architects don't care about any of that. They want them to mix and integrate with the suburban kids as a social engineering plan. Same as moving section 8 people away from their communities into suburbia, despite the disruption, social isolation and problems with transportation.

Old 05-21-2019, 10:58 AM

284 posts, read 46,535 times
Libs can mix together whatever group of kids they want.

It won’t fix the kids with bad parents/no parents and will continue to push the students with parents that prioritize education to private and charter schools.

Go ahead, continue to destroy the public school system. It really doesn’t affect me and I don’t care. Just don’t try to raise my property taxes to support it.

Old 05-21-2019, 11:37 AM

12,018 posts, read 6,622,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirage98de View Post
Libs can mix together whatever group of kids they want.

It wonít fix the kids with bad parents/no parents and will continue to push the students with parents that prioritize education to private and charter schools.

Go ahead, continue to destroy the public school system. It really doesnít affect me and I donít care. Just donít try to raise my property taxes to support it.
Think again.

They want to squeeze out working class and middle class suburban America like a lemon. Any way they can. And they hand out the juice to others for free. We get to keep the mushy old rind and are then made to feel guilty for it and told we owe ever more to everyone else. Paying for our "privilege" of working our butts off only to be told we don't deserve it. See *why Trump won*.

Old 05-21-2019, 11:51 AM

26,184 posts, read 8,913,327 times
Bernie is like all the other democrats who want to push programs by use of force. They all want to be elected to use the government to punish people. Who elects a politician to punish people ? Democrats.

It used to be common for people to vote for people that were going to help them on some issue important to them. Not so with the democrats. That idea has been replace with a promise to punish those that can't get in step with the lefts totalitarian views.

"ELECT ME, I PROMISE TO PUNISH_____________(fill in the blank) Because that's what government is for !!!!

When government is the master its a disaster !!!

Old 05-21-2019, 12:12 PM

19,678 posts, read 14,144,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Bad idea. Do you notice how Blacks self segregate today? Look at all the universities have Black only graduations.
Look at the universities where American Blacks segregate themselves from the real African Americans (which is all of them).

Quote:
Originally Posted by nedergras View Post
People self segregate from PTSD like symptoms, or full blown PTSD. African americans are in a perpetual PTSD state. Their neighborhood is like a safe space away from a society where they're treated as foreign.
And, why is that?

Do Caucasians go into Black neighborhoods and commit crimes?

No, so who's committing those crimes?

They cannot complain, while at the same time tolerating crime because it's cool, you know, "gangsta," and then simultaneously refuse to do their civic do and assist or cooperate with police.

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Schools with a heavier enrollment of Asian populations tend to lift the scores/ ranks of the entire school. Is this a genetic thing or do more Asian families have higher expectations of their children and emphasis on performance than non Asian?
Probably both.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
When government is the master its a disaster !!!
Schools are hardly "government."

Get elected to the school board, and you can make all the changes for the better you want. The problem is everyone is "too busy" doing other thing to get involved and run for a seat on the school board or even to attend school board meetings.

Old 05-21-2019, 12:25 PM

29,587 posts, read 16,337,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
Yes they should, otherwise only wealthy kids would get an education
An assertion with no basis in reality

Old 05-21-2019, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
An assertion with no basis in reality
Actually, it has a total basis in reality. The median cost for one years tuition at a private high school is $20,000. Median family income is $36,000 after taxes (Income tax and FICA). Do the math....

Old 05-21-2019, 12:55 PM

29,587 posts, read 16,337,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
Actually, it has a total basis in reality. The median cost for one years tuition at a private high school is $20,000. Median family income is $36,000 after taxes (Income tax and FICA). Do the math....
in this age of internet, technology, lightning quick access to information, etc. education could be delivered in many different forms that would render the brick and mortar day prisons that pass for govt schools largely irrelevant.
Forcing kids onto busses and driving them to the other side of town shouldn't be on anyones list of education improvements...well unless you're a luddite.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies