Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2019, 03:05 PM

34,228 posts, read 18,558,636 times

Advertisements

They don't know what % is Natural, and what % is Man Made, so they can't say for sure what "fixes" they propose will work, or how they will measure them. It is not about the environment or "fixing" AGW, or now "climate change". It is about wealth, and income redistribution. Also, China, India, and Russia will never reduce their CO2 so it really doesn't matter what we do anyway. Scam and hoax.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2019, 03:08 PM

14,950 posts, read 9,787,725 times
Many eons ago (the 70's) when I was in school (CUNY) global cooling was taught (Oceanographic Geology), although not my major. The premise was a warming trend was the precursor to global cooling. Warmer weather provided more water vapor for increased rain and therefore more snow in the cooler regions. Thus... snow accumulation that did not all melt off during "summers" = glaciers
Dryer conditions are the precursor to a warming earth.

The difference is, CO2 spikes- natural and man made, create a global reaction, environmentally, intellectually, and the worst possible reaction.... politically.

Science and politics do not mix and now it's too late to separate the two.

Old 05-21-2019, 03:24 PM

18,489 posts, read 9,149,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
It is not about the environment or "fixing" AGW, or now "climate change". It is about wealth, and income redistribution.
Why do you think that?

If anything, income redistribution would probably increase consumption and therefore increase carbon dioxide emissions.

Old 05-21-2019, 04:28 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,752,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
The solar minimum, which could last 20-40 years, is producing lower temperatures...
No.

Old 05-21-2019, 06:59 PM

3,372 posts, read 1,564,514 times
I have been saying in posts ever since I joined this forum that we are in a global cooling cycle. It will be at least an 11 cycle. A mini ice age not that long ago lasted about 70 years (1645-1715). Look at the lack of sunspot activity. The whole global warming/climate change scam made a lot of hucksters rich. They want power and money and they have made millions off an "inconvenient lie."

Old 05-21-2019, 07:30 PM

3,129 posts, read 1,330,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by heart84 View Post
I have been saying in posts ever since I joined this forum that we are in a global cooling cycle. It will be at least an 11 cycle. A mini ice age not that long ago lasted about 70 years (1645-1715). Look at the lack of sunspot activity. The whole global warming/climate change scam made a lot of hucksters rich. They want power and money and they have made millions off an "inconvenient lie."
The lack of sunspot activity?

The last time the sun was this quiet was 2008. Guess what? That was 11 years ago, and perfectly normal!

Sun spot minimums and maximums go in 11 year cycles. They have been doing that since before mankind walked the earth.

The 11 year sun spot cycle does not affect the earth's weather or climate, regardless of what the OP has to say about it.

I am a ham radio operator; have been since 1975. That gives me a keen interest in the sun and sun spot activity. I have lived through a few cycles now, and have studied the sun for years.

Yes, we are currently at the bottom (minimum) of Cycle 24. Cycle 25 has already shown signs of starting. We will be at the peak of the sun spot cycle in about 5 to 6 years. There is nothing you or the OP can do about it except look it up and wipe the egg off your faces.

Again, the 11 year sun spot cycle does not affect earth's weather or climate.

SolarHam.com - Older News (November 2018)

Quote:
Although this plage region that popped up today may not appear to be something to write home about, it is located high enough in latitude and also appears to have the correct magnetic configuration to associate it with the upcoming Solar Cycle 25. This marks the second such region in the northern hemisphere in as many weeks. A very small spot that formed on November 9th also had the correct Cycle 25 configuration. We will likely see more regions just like this while isolated sunspots associated with Cycle 24 continue to appear near the solar equator. Eventually over the next year or two, Cycle 25 regions will outnumber those of the previous solar cycle and we will once again see a gradual increase in sunspots and solar flare activity.

Last edited by Raddo; 05-21-2019 at 07:41 PM..

Old 05-21-2019, 07:50 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,752,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by heart84 View Post
I have been saying in posts ever since I joined this forum that we are in a global cooling cycle.
Considering the fact that we're not in such a cycle... don't you feel kind of foolish?

Old 05-22-2019, 01:31 AM

1,663 posts, read 875,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
They don't know what % is Natural, and what % is Man Made, so they can't say for sure what "fixes" they propose will work, or how they will measure them. It is not about the environment or "fixing" AGW, or now "climate change". It is about wealth, and income redistribution. Also, China, India, and Russia will never reduce their CO2 so it really doesn't matter what we do anyway. Scam and hoax.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
Why do you think that?

If anything, income redistribution would probably increase consumption and therefore increase carbon dioxide emissions.
In its report released last October, the IPCC proposed a "carbon tax" of up to $5,500 per ton of CO2 emitted starting in 2030, rising to $27,000 per ton in 2100. This would work out to a tax of $49, rising to $240, per gallon of gas and diesel. https://www.thenewamerican.com/tech/...ges-to-society

Chapter 5 of the report is titled "Sustainable Development, Poverty Eradication, and Reducing Inequalities." Page 479 states in part:
Quote:
Issues of equity and fairness have long been central to climate change and sustainable development. Equity, like equality, aims to promote justness and fairness for all. This is not necessarily the same as treating everyone equally, since not everyone comes from the same starting point.
Often used interchangeably with fairness and justice, equity implies implementing different actions in different places, all with a view to creating an equal world that is fair for all and where no one is left behind.
Quote:
CRDPs describe trajectories that pursue the dual goal of limiting warming to 1.5°C while strengthening sustainable development. This includes eradicating poverty as well as reducing vulnerabilities and inequalities for regions, countries, communities, businesses and cities. These trajectories entail a mix of adaptation and mitigation measures consistent with profound societal and systems transformations.
The goals are to meet the short-term SDGs, achieve longer-term sustainable development, reduce emissions towards net zero around the middle of he century, build resilience and enhance human capacities to adapt, all while paying close attention to equity and well-being for all.
Quote:
However, examples from around the world demonstrate that flexible and inclusive governance structures and broad participation often help support iterative decision-making, continuous learning and experimentation. Such inclusive processes can also help to overcome weak institutional arrangements and power structures that may further exacerbate inequalities.
If this was really just about "climate change" do you really think they would be concerned about
"creating an equal world that is fair for all?" It sounds a little "Animal Farm" like to me.

Old 05-22-2019, 05:36 AM

30,349 posts, read 19,122,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
Don't worry, liberals call it "climate change" now. That way, no matter what direction the weather goes, they can still brainwash themselves into believing what ever their masters/politicians tell them to believe.
Pretty good move by their Minders I would say....no matter what weather or climate change happens in the future, it was "climate change" causation....probably even the sun is controlled by human caused "climate change"

Old 05-22-2019, 07:56 AM

13,929 posts, read 5,614,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
You gotta chuckle at all the people who fancy themselves climate experts now a days.
Yep.

I used to sometimes like jumping into these silly forum slap fights, but anymore, they are just too nonsensical.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies