U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 06-18-2019, 05:13 AM
Status: ""a mind that understands science"" (set 29 days ago)
 
18,999 posts, read 12,198,184 times
Reputation: 10416

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
We've seen this plenty of times. He wants to be president, or even dictator for life. He wants to be a strongman and do away with the presidency as we know it.

https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-brief...-as-five-terms



This guy obviously has zero respect for the Constitution or the limits of the power of the presidency, that much is clear.

Others including Cohen have said he may not give it up even after losing. This guy is a dangerous menace, a serious threat to democracy, and he needs to be ****canned stat.


I'm okay with that- Obama and Clinton stated the same thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-18-2019, 05:33 AM
 
Location: Atlanta, GA (Sandy Springs)
5,155 posts, read 2,812,979 times
Reputation: 3898
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
I'm okay with that- Obama and Clinton stated the same thing.
Um, no they didnít.

Step out of the fact free CEC.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-18-2019, 05:49 AM
 
Location: Florida
22,270 posts, read 9,466,208 times
Reputation: 18188
Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
We've seen this plenty of times. He wants to be president, or even dictator for life. He wants to be a strongman and do away with the presidency as we know it.

https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-brief...-as-five-terms

This guy obviously has zero respect for the Constitution or the limits of the power of the presidency, that much is clear.

Others including Cohen have said he may not give it up even after losing. This guy is a dangerous menace, a serious threat to democracy, and he needs to be ****canned stat.
I am concerned about what Trump will do if he loses the election.

He already does whatever makes him feel better, no matter what the consequences to the country.

I think he'll have a major meltdown, and will attempt to take down the country with him. He can tank the economy as much as he can in two months, wreck the stock market--he's already manipulating the economy and market. If he has his typical childish tantrum-type reaction, he could destroy a lot of things before he's dragged out of the WH kicking and screaming.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-18-2019, 06:23 AM
 
Location: Richmond,VA
3,212 posts, read 2,081,978 times
Reputation: 2349
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
I am concerned about what Trump will do if he loses the election.

He already does whatever makes him feel better, no matter what the consequences to the country.

I think he'll have a major meltdown, and will attempt to take down the country with him. He can tank the economy as much as he can in two months, wreck the stock market--he's already manipulating the economy and market. If he has his typical childish tantrum-type reaction, he could destroy a lot of things before he's dragged out of the WH kicking and screaming.

Serious case of TDS here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-18-2019, 09:09 AM
 
Location: Cumberland Co., TN
21,867 posts, read 21,711,425 times
Reputation: 21475
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
Then why does he keep talking about it? This wasn't a one time comment, he's said it several times now.

But he's not going to win re-election anyway, so then the question is whether we will have a break in our 2 centuries plus of a peaceful transition of power or would he really try to do the unthinkable?
What is it you believe a sitting president can do about repealing or changing a constitutional amendment? You believe he can persuade 2/3 of congress to vote for repealing term limits for the office of president?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-18-2019, 09:14 AM
 
Location: Denver CO
21,159 posts, read 11,761,610 times
Reputation: 32142
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
What is it you believe a sitting president can do about repealing or changing a constitutional amendment? You believe he can persuade 2/3 of congress to vote for repealing term limits for the office of president?
No, I wonder whether he thinks he can just stay in office and not leave the White House. Would it take an armed force to remove him? And does he think he has the support of the military so they would support him if he tried to stage a coup to stay in office and ignore any election results he didn't like?

And some days, I have to doubt that Mitch McConnell would be willing to do anything about it other than shrug and say ok, let's go confirm some more judges.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-19-2019, 02:50 AM
 
Location: A State of Mind
5,207 posts, read 2,079,260 times
Reputation: 4834
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
I'm okay with that- Obama and Clinton stated the same thing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
Um, no they didnít.

Step out of the fact free CEC.
Right, neither did that. Of course, one worshipping D. T. appears to function as he does, making false claims.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-19-2019, 03:19 AM
 
9,910 posts, read 11,923,780 times
Reputation: 6393
Calm down crying Libs and drink your hot cocoa with marshmallows.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-19-2019, 03:53 AM
 
11,667 posts, read 3,189,693 times
Reputation: 3971
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye77 View Post
So the Donald gets 2 terms, then Pence gets 2 terms, then Ivanka gets 2 terms = 24 years. After that I'm dead so I don't care.
LOL.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-19-2019, 04:25 AM
 
Location: Great Britain
11,595 posts, read 3,967,095 times
Reputation: 7174
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye77 View Post
So the Donald gets 2 terms, then Pence gets 2 terms, then Ivanka gets 2 terms = 24 years. After that I'm dead so I don't care.
Then they turn Time Square in to Trump Square, and put a classy golden statue of the 'Supreme Leader of the 'People's Republic of America' in the middle of it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top