U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2019, 06:58 AM

14,591 posts, read 3,867,544 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBot View Post
Can you spell ignorance?

Nevada, California, Texas and New Jersey have the highest illegal immigrants (by percentage of population) and only Nevada and Texas demonstrate low credit scores.
The article guesses "cultural differences" - to put it another way, they are not Yankees (thrifty) and they put silver steer horns on the front of their Escalades. Those silicone things in that MAGA beach rally...and the Jeeps and SUVs and boats...all cost (borrowed) money.

I doubt that the credit rating agencies keep details ss# and banking data coming from WU and the check cashing places. So, no, it "legals" being tracked.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2019, 07:02 AM

Location: 15 months till retirement and I can leave the hell hole of New Yakistan
25,206 posts, read 13,969,115 times
https://nypost.com/2019/01/26/nyc-is...in-the-nation/

The city’s credit card delinquency rates and level of bad personal debt are the highest in the nation, which saw household debt and credit soar by $219 billion, or 1.6 percent, to $13.51 trillion, in the third quarter of 2018 — a record $837 billion more than its previous peak in 2008

The latest surge in toxic debt is blowing a huge hole in New Yorkers’ personal finances, these experts say. Forty percent of Americans recently said they could not cover a $400 emergency — and that proportion may be even higher in New York City, analysts say.

From low-income to highly paid consumers, Kelly says, local clients’ unsecured distressed household debt ranges from an average of $20,000 per individual to as high as $100,000.
Credit card debt troubles in particular have jumped in New York City, from 30 percent of client caseloads at GreenPath to 40 percent in the past few years,

New York City is now its No. 1 metro market, followed by Atlanta and Los Angeles, as measured by the sheer volume of distressed consumers seeking assistance and relief, according to Money Management International, a nationwide credit-counseling network.

A New York Fed study shows average credit card balances alone in Manhattan hit $7,400 by 2016, compared with the nation’s $5,400.
Credit card delinquency rates for holders 90 days late on payments reached a stunning 15.1 percent for the Bronx and nearly 10 percent citywide, compared with 8.3 percent nationwide

-------------------------------------------------

https://www.ccn.com/new-york-nears-f...-per-household

https://www.crainsnewyork.com/econom...ting-debt-bomb

Old 05-22-2019, 07:04 AM

7,551 posts, read 2,201,185 times
Low credit scores are much more prevalent in states with higher percentages of African Americans.

Old 05-22-2019, 07:07 AM

8,842 posts, read 2,658,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Poor leftists mind controlled by the likes of NBC. They hate so much of the USA. This time, they cast shade at a region with 120,000,000 people. A broad based negative generalization of over a 100 million people.

They must lead a life of misery on a daily basis with so much hate in them.
It's terribly ironic you keep accusing people of attacking you when you yourself are guilty of it all the time. This post above is a perfect example.

Old 05-22-2019, 07:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Analytics, politics forum style....

https://giphy.com/gifs/jR8EDxMbqi1QQ/html5
Are those monkeys dividing the number of times user total posts were read, and their reputation points as a percentage of it?

That would seem to constitute a rough "crowd sourced", although right leaning, CD approval rate.

29,035 posts, read 15,300,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
the original link is about AVERAGE credit scores.... people with no credit established have a ZERO...that certainly will bring the numbers down

this thread is about elitism ... the OP and JB007 post almost daily how blue is better than red
Insecurity.

21,715 posts, read 21,605,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
I hear all this talk about how the "conservatives" and "independent men" in all these Southern States are honorable and hard workers and don't get in debt over their heads.

Then I look at a map like this:
https://www.cnbc.com/2019/05/21/amer...ery-state.html

" Louisiana, Nevada, Georgia and Texas are all in the bottom of Experianís ranking as well, with scores of 659 or below."

MA, MN, VT etc are at the top......

Is getting that bigger house, car or fancy pickup that much more important in Texas that they end up going far in debt and not paying their bills?

One would think these would be the most responsible individuals...given the way they preach about How to Live to all the rest of us. But this data is troubling in that I surely wouldn't want to invest in lending there!

" it is difficult to pinpoint exactly why, saying that itís likely a mix of the economic environment and cultural norms."

The answer was right there in the linked article.
Who cares what a states average credit score is.

Old 05-22-2019, 07:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Poor leftists mind controlled by the likes of NBC. They hate so much of the USA. This time, they cast shade at a region with 120,000,000 people. A broad based negative generalization of over a 100 million people.

They must lead a life of misery on a daily basis with so much hate in them.
I'm not casting shade. The Data is. Don't you believe in data?

You know, I always wondered why our state discourages purchases of new cars. In the strict economic sense it doesn't make any sense.

But I think it shows a cultural difference.

The average energy use of a Texan is over double that of a New Englander...and heat generally costs more than A/C. Why? Worse MPG, larger homes, bigger pickups, less caring, etc.

No one is accusing each individual of such, but the larger question is whether one is part of the problem or part of attempted solutions. Less energy=less pollution=healthier children (see study today from LA...but known for a long time)

Is it negative for me to want Southerners to pay their bills so business stays healthier? Is it negative for me to want them to have cleaner air?

If so, you are 100% correct. If not....well, one need not have Chip on their Shoulder. The Texans and Floridians I personally know are part of the solution.

Old 05-22-2019, 07:16 AM

7,551 posts, read 2,201,185 times
Who cares? People who are issued state credit cards that businesses decline to accept as payment.

Old 05-22-2019, 07:18 AM

Location: 15 months till retirement and I can leave the hell hole of New Yakistan
25,206 posts, read 13,969,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
I hear all this talk about how the "conservatives" and "independent men" in all these Southern States are honorable and hard workers and don't get in debt over their heads.

Then I look at a map like this:
https://www.cnbc.com/2019/05/21/amer...ery-state.html

" Louisiana, Nevada, Georgia and Texas are all in the bottom of Experian’s ranking as well, with scores of 659 or below."

MA, MN, VT etc are at the top......

Is getting that bigger house, car or fancy pickup that much more important in Texas that they end up going far in debt and not paying their bills?

One would think these would be the most responsible individuals...given the way they preach about How to Live to all the rest of us. But this data is troubling in that I surely wouldn't want to invest in lending there!
https://www.magnifymoney.com/blog/ne...bers628618371/

https://nj1015.com/the-nj-counties-w...it-card-debts/
Attached Thumbnails
Why are Credit Ratings Super-Low in the South?-map-1.png  
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or