Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2019, 08:59 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,670,317 times

Advertisements

I hear all this talk about how the "conservatives" and "independent men" in all these Southern States are honorable and hard workers and don't get in debt over their heads.

Then I look at a map like this:
https://www.cnbc.com/2019/05/21/amer...ery-state.html

" Louisiana, Nevada, Georgia and Texas are all in the bottom of Experian’s ranking as well, with scores of 659 or below."

MA, MN, VT etc are at the top......

Is getting that bigger house, car or fancy pickup that much more important in Texas that they end up going far in debt and not paying their bills?

One would think these would be the most responsible individuals...given the way they preach about How to Live to all the rest of us. But this data is troubling in that I surely wouldn't want to invest in lending there!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2019, 09:04 PM

25,569 posts, read 17,275,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
I hear all this talk about how the "conservatives" and "independent men" in all these Southern States are honorable and hard workers and don't get in debt over their heads..........
Show us where you heard it.

Old 05-21-2019, 09:14 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,630,499 times
It sure can't help that the minimum wage is $7.25 in most Southern states.

Old 05-21-2019, 09:17 PM

20,104 posts, read 9,011,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
Show us where you heard it.
sounds racist

Old 05-21-2019, 09:23 PM

20,864 posts, read 9,529,660 times
Quote:
I hear all this talk about how the "conservatives" and "independent men" in all these Southern States are honorable and hard workers and don't get in debt over their heads.

" Louisiana, Nevada, Georgia and Texas are all in the bottom of Experian’s ranking as well, with scores of 659 or below."

Is getting that bigger house, car or fancy pickup that much more important in Texas that they end up going far in debt and not paying their bills?

One would think these would be the most responsible individuals...given the way they preach about How to Live to all the rest of us. But this data is troubling in that I surely wouldn't want to invest in lending there!
Midwest rules.

Well not my state.

Old 05-21-2019, 09:24 PM

40,952 posts, read 49,176,191 times
Can you spell Illegal immigration ?

And the Millions of people in the South / Southwest who barely speak English and migrated here over the last 30 years ?

Old 05-21-2019, 09:31 PM

4,540 posts, read 2,783,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Can you spell Illegal immigration ?

And the Millions of people in the South / Southwest who barely speak English and migrated here over the last 30 years ?
Bad hypothesis. California has the same percentage of illegal immigrants as Texas, yet has higher credit scores. 3.8% of Massachusetts population is illegal, 1.5% of Louisiana's population is illegal. Massachusetts is at the top, Louisiana is at the bottom.

https://www.pewhispanic.org/interact...ants-by-state/

Old 05-21-2019, 09:44 PM

78,380 posts, read 60,566,039 times
Analytics, politics forum style....

https://giphy.com/gifs/jR8EDxMbqi1QQ/html5

Old 05-21-2019, 09:47 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,478,139 times
Quote:

"Mississippi, Louisiana, Nevada, Georgia and Texas are all in the bottom of Experian’s ranking as well, with scores of 659 or below."

1 Nevada is not the south... /end thread

2. low credit also comes from no credit...so if you dont establish (because you responsible) your ""rating"" will be low

3. income levels not as high in some states, Mississippi is the poorest (and highest minorities) in the entire country

4. most of my peers here in NY are up to their eyeballs in debt, trying to keep up with the Jones's

instead of following the typical liberal elitist mentality, why not create a thread worthy of CD for debating

Last edited by workingclasshero; 05-21-2019 at 09:55 PM..

Old 05-21-2019, 09:47 PM

5,731 posts, read 2,192,381 times
From someone in the south, I blame the toys. These are expensive trucks/vehicles, ATVs/UTVs, TVs, hunting gear, motorcycles, boats/campers etc. People load themselves up with debt on things they rarely use and should be purchasing used vehicles.

I like that the Midwest has money smarts and tend to be more frugal
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies