U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which News Outlet Do You Trust the Most?
FOX 29 44.62%
CNN 5 7.69%
NYT 7 10.77%
CBS 5 7.69%
Washington Post 12 18.46%
Other (please post below which source you recommend) 24 36.92%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2019, 07:40 AM

18,671 posts, read 6,728,894 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"CNN Drops 26% In Prime Time As Fox News Dominates April Cable Ratings. ... Among viewers 25-54, the demographic most coveted by national advertisers, the falloff for CNN was even more stark: down 41 percent. CNN drew 198,000 viewers in the demo, behind MSNBC (255,000) and Fox News (389,000).Apr 30, 2019CNN Drops 26% In Prime Time As Fox News Dominates April Cable ...

April ranks as CNN's lowest-rated month among total viewers in nearly four years, since October 2015. CNN's Cuomo Primetime, which has been the network's highest-rated hour, drew a total audience of 917,000 viewers in April, the show's worst-ever performance..

https://www.forbes.com/.../cnn-drops-26-percent-in-prime-time-as-fox-news-dominates-...

You might not be able to watch CNN if it continues on its current trend of losing viewers.

"Washington Post" Even after knowing the hatred the owner of the Post has towards Trump? And all the retractions it has made ONLY after getting caught telling their lies.

I have a seldom used bridge for sale, interested?
I consider that a good thing, tRump is evil and should be hated. He's the worst president in US History, but I wouldn't expect a reich winger to understand or agree with any of that....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2019, 07:45 AM

18,534 posts, read 9,533,248 times
The mediaís job is to manufacture crisis. Itís a sad day for them if nobody dies or suffers.

The only way to manufacture crisis is to divide us in anyway they can, by race, by wealth, by gender, by social status, etc., and fabricate conflicts when thereís no conflicts.

FOX news is the mouthpiece of the Republicans while the rest of the media is the mouthpiece for the Democrats.

Old 05-22-2019, 07:47 AM

17,073 posts, read 19,415,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
The media’s job is to manufacture crisis. It’s a sad day for them if nobody dies or suffers.

The only way to manufacture crisis is to divide us in anyway they can, by race, by wealth, by gender, by social status, etc., and fabricate conflicts when there’s no conflicts.

FOX news is the mouthpiece of the Republicans while the rest of the media is the mouthpiece for the Democrats.
^^Exactly this.

Turn off the news and go out into the real world. You'll be asking yourself - What crisis are they talking about?

The "news" does not reflect reality. That is the bottom line.

Old 05-22-2019, 07:48 AM

639 posts, read 113,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Breitbart and Drudge are boutique news aggregators. Youíre intentionally looking for biased news.

No wonder you donít trust the AP, WaPo or the others you listed. Lol
all news is biased what are you talking about

Old 05-22-2019, 07:52 AM

2,668 posts, read 4,477,129 times
I don't trust any of them solely for news.
For example, search "American Flag Statesville, NC"
You will find all sorts of things. They were approved for a flag half the size, the company is being fined $50 per day for going against the city zoning laws and flying a flag that is too big close to a highway (interstate). The company is not Camping World but Gander RV.

People are losing their minds without knowing the full facts. Even the articles that I've seen from the west coast are leaving out important details.

Old 05-22-2019, 07:52 AM

639 posts, read 113,638 times
Other. I don't 'trust' any of them to report just the facts. They all have their own agenda.

Most big national stories you can't get to the bottom of anymore so you just have to form your own opinion. The msm will leave facts out if doesn't fit their agenda.

For instance, the recent shooting in CO the media was able to find a picture of the Hispanic young man that took a bullet almost immediately. Look at any story where the perp is a poc or a muslim and they will never post a picture. Their bias is not even thinly veiled anymore.

Old 05-22-2019, 08:25 AM

419 posts, read 947,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimazee View Post
Agree

How many people have the time, ability, or interest to do this?...especially objectively.

...and how many people get their "news" from social media and/or other heavily internet sources. This would have made another choice in the survey.

...also radio/especially talk radio.

It's complicated.
It's easy to get a 360 view even if you're only using social media for news. Take Apple News or Google News for example, or even Facebook. If you "like" or "follow" a variety of news sources you'll see them right there in your feed. Follow Fox, CNN, and MSNBC at a minimum and add in the Washington Post, New York Times, and a conservative paper of your choice for a variety of opinions.

But you're right, it takes a modicum of intellectual curiosity to do this.

Old 05-22-2019, 09:03 AM

49,965 posts, read 26,499,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_N_1962 View Post
all news is biased what are you talking about
Thatís b.s. All news IS NOT biased. Thatís lazy analysis.

Old 05-22-2019, 09:06 AM

44,341 posts, read 17,707,490 times
LAWD.......

150,000 Anti-Trump topics created here based on nonsense from CNN, ABC, CBS, NBC, WaPo and the NYT, and only 7 people say they actually trust them?

Hahahahahahahaha

Old 05-22-2019, 09:12 AM

6,387 posts, read 5,399,657 times
YouTube videos posted on City-Data, without a doubt.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies