Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2019, 12:04 PM

37,939 posts, read 17,775,263 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Leading the way all right - in Energy use (which equal pollution), in uninsured residents, in illegal immigrants and in low wages.

The question for Texans, as a whole, is whether those are the things they value.
It's about government over reach. That's the issue. Not those silly things you made up because of a twisted agenda. Adults don't need government to protect them from a made up demon. Children do.

The question for you is when are you going to get it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2019, 12:05 PM

12,566 posts, read 10,572,747 times
When will the "Texas is seceding" bill pass?

Old 05-22-2019, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by citidata18 View Post
How do you know the political statement of the one councilman represents the basis for the ban by the legislative body of 11 people?

The only thing that's clear in this situation is that the Texas GOP is trying to force San Antonio to accept economic investment it doesn't want on public-owned property.
The only thing that's clear is your twisted agenda. A handful of control freaks is trying to ban a business because they don't like it's politics. We fought a Revolutionary War over garbage like this and don't you forget it.

Old 05-22-2019, 12:17 PM

8,302 posts, read 5,650,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
The only thing that's clear is your twisted agenda. A handful of control freaks is trying to ban a business because they don't like it's politics. We fought a Revolutionary War over garbage like this and don't you forget it.
It seems you're the only one with an agenda here, given your baseless assumptions and the fact you didn't answer my question:

"How do you know the political statement of the one councilman represents the basis for the ban by the legislative body of 11 people?"

Old 05-22-2019, 12:21 PM

8,302 posts, read 5,650,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
Neither hypocritical nor authoritarian. Rather, this is a move against a city taking adverse action against an entity because the city doesn't like the organization's religious views. When a city fails to behave itself and respect diversity and religious beliefs (behaving authoritarian in the process), it is more than appropriate for the state to step in and correct matters.
You can try to and spin or justify it all you want. I said what I said.

It's petty legislation only presented by the Texas GOP because they were caught up in their feelings about San Antonio turning down economic investment from a company that happens to share their religious views.

Old 05-22-2019, 12:26 PM

Quote:
It seems you're the only one with an agenda here, given your baseless assumptions and the fact you didn't answer my question:
It seems like it to you and that's on you. My assumption isn't baseless, that's just something you made up.

Quote:
"How do you know the political statement of the one councilman represents the basis for the ban by the legislative body of 11 people?"
Lets try this again and see if you get it.
A handful of control freaks is trying to ban a business because they don't like it's politics. I can't dumb it down anymore than that.

Old 05-22-2019, 12:28 PM

Quote:
You can try to and spin or justify it all you want. I said what I said.

It's petty legislation only presented by the Texas GOP because they were caught up in their feelings about San Antonio turning down economic investment from a company that happens to share their religious views.
I'm sure you'd be okay if that same group banned interracial marriage too. Only children need government to protect them from a made up boogie man.

Old 05-22-2019, 12:40 PM

23,802 posts, read 14,928,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
Neither hypocritical nor authoritarian. Rather, this is a move against a city taking adverse action against an entity because the city doesn't like the organization's religious views. When a city fails to behave itself and respect diversity and religious beliefs (behaving authoritarian in the process), it is more than appropriate for the state to step in and correct matters.
Like the Great State of Texas did to the people of Denton when they voted no fracking within the city limits of Denton. The state over ruled them to allow fracking.

Old 05-22-2019, 12:53 PM

7,520 posts, read 2,789,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
So they government gets involved in dictating which fast food joints can open a franchise and where......the owners of the places have no say in it.
The "government" got itself involved when the city council refused Chick fila because of its religious beliefs.

Old 05-22-2019, 01:01 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,607,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
It's about government over reach. That's the issue. Not those silly things you made up because of a twisted agenda. Adults don't need government to protect them from a made up demon. Children do.

The question for you is when are you going to get it?
Ah, Government overreach - like reaching inside a woman for a trans-vaginal ultrasound...or reaching inside the car of a person who uses a bit of pot for medicinal use....

I think I am getting the Idea. Processed chicken is right up there with those.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies