Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2019, 08:47 PM

4,761 posts, read 7,836,203 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruithne View Post
Trump REALLY does NOT want us to see his tax returns.
It will be interesting to see what he's hiding, although it won't be a surprise. He probably hasn't made any money or paid any taxes for decades.
He'a a total fraud.

Nah. He wants you and your left-wing brethren to whine and stew and look like a bunch of fools. It's working. You've just opened a Pandora's box of legal challenges that will only serve to make you all look like the sore losers you are. Two and a half years and you're all still looking for a gotcha. Can you imagine how productive this country could be if the left weren't wasting all this time trying to get rid of Trump? Maybe it's better. This way we won't get all that stupid stuff passed that the left seems to love so much.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2019, 08:55 PM

13,212 posts, read 21,829,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by d4g4m View Post
Laws like this can be used to work both ways some day.
As they should. Next time a democrat runs for office and refuses to release their tax returns, please feel free.

Old 05-22-2019, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
As they should. Next time a democrat runs for office and refuses to release their tax returns, please feel free.

Sure thing. Let's go after the returns of every Democrat currently serving and/or running for office. That'll be fun. I swear some of these Democrat politicians can't see past the shiny thing in front of them, in this case Trump's tax returns. Congratulations for smashing your own feet with a hammer. The best part is these Democrats don't even know it.

Seriously, what do you expect to see from his taxes? Are some of you dumb enough to think he has a line item for laundered money or Russian payoffs? I'm no CPA but I can be pretty sure in saying there isn't a place for that.

Old 05-22-2019, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spankys bbq View Post
Can you imagine how productive this country could be if the left weren't wasting all this time trying to get rid of Trump?
Productive of what? The further fleecing of our democracy, our economy, and the environment? The sooner we get this crook out of the whitehouse, the sooner we can make this country great again.

Old 05-22-2019, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spankys bbq View Post
Sure thing. Let's go after the returns of every Democrat currently serving and/or running for office. That'll be fun. I swear some of these Democrat politicians can't see past the shiny thing in front of them, in this case Trump's tax returns. Congratulations for smashing your own feet with a hammer. The best part is these Democrats don't even know it.
I hate to burst your bubble, but every president in recent history has released their taxes when running for office. And they did so voluntarily, so there was no law about it. But laws get written when criminals find new ways to rig the system, so here we are.

Quote:
Seriously, what do you expect to see from his taxes? Are some of you dumb enough to think he has a line item for laundered money or Russian payoffs? I'm no CPA but I can be pretty sure in saying there isn't a place for that.
You are woefully out of touch. Try reading (or watching) something other than Fox News once in a while.

Old 05-22-2019, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
Productive of what? The further fleecing of our democracy, our economy, and the environment? The sooner we get this crook out of the whitehouse, the sooner we can make this country great again.

Maybe its better that Congress isn't being productive. Last I checked, they were all about restricting rights rather than restoring them. With that, keep on keeping on. You're a bunch of rockstars. Orange Man Bad!!!!!!111!!1!

Economy is doing pretty well, last I checked. Do you have any ideas that might help to improve the economy? I'm all ears. Seriously. My wife called me Dumbo tonight.

The environment in the US is doesn't seem to be in any grave danger. Personally, I carry trashbags when I'm on the water to pick up any garbage that I see that was left behind by inconsiderate boaters. In seriousness, the real dangers to our environment, globally, aren't coming from the US. Look at developing countries and China and a few others and you'll see where a majority of eco-unfriendly stuff comes from. The US seems to hold itself to a much higher standard than those who give no f's. I guess Carbon Credits would be the answer, right?

Ahh, the "fleecing of our democracy." I keep hearing this line but I have not seen anyone willing to step up to the plate and, in detail, explain how this is happening. Obstruction? Of what? Collusion? Mueller said no to that.

The only fleecing of our country is the seeming willingness of so many on the left to open our borders and screw the people who actually pay taxes.

Old 05-22-2019, 09:24 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Now we will finally get some forced transparency from the most deceitful grifter racketeer.
The Right to enjoyment of life and liberty, is one of the fundamental or natural Rights, which has been protected by its inclusion as a guarantee in the various constitutions, which is not derived from, or dependent on, the U.S. Constitution, which may not be submitted to a vote and may not depend on the outcome of an election. It is one of the most sacred and valuable Rights, as sacred as the Right to private property...and is regarded as inalienable."
- - - 16 Corpus Juris Secundum, Constitutional Law, Sect.202, p.987

Taking Liberty.
A 4th and 5th amendment violation. It is none of their business.
Probable cause, NOT suspicion... is thrown out the window

Old 05-22-2019, 09:26 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,142,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Now we will finally get some forced transparency from the most deceitful grifter racketeer.
Yay! This should be interesting.

Old 05-22-2019, 09:27 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,450,610 times
As I've said many a time, there should be a law requiring disclosure of every Presidential candidate's tax returns. You go beyond a certain point of candidacy, and it should be automatically required. It's not too much to ask for the highest office in the land, and if we're supposed to vote you in, it damn well is our business.

Old 05-22-2019, 09:44 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,098,111 times
Seems like something that wouldn’t hold up in court and goes against the Constituikn
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies