Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2019, 07:59 AM

78,326 posts, read 60,517,579 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
That's a good point.

I thought the impeachment idea had been dumped but it sure does seem to be ramping up again.

Is it because of Trump's fighting against the investigations?

I'm not sure.

Don't think Pelosi wants impeachment proceedings, but there does seem to be a growing call for them....

Wonder if we will see an upward trend with the polls. A while back they indicated American voters DID NOT want impeachment.
The uptick in impeachment talk is for votes because democratic voters want impeachment.

Pelosi etc. aren't crying impeachment for the sole reason that it is not polling well with moderates so they (wisely) don't want to lose any votes in 2020 where they are looking at grabbing the Senate.

All the impeachment talk will mostly die off after the democratic primaries, having served their purpose.

Old 05-23-2019, 08:23 AM

108 posts, read 81,078 times
I strongly dislike trump, but I don't think he should be impeached. If anything, it's just poor strategy. An impeachment could make trumps fan base stronger, it's a much better move to just let this play out and see what happens in the polls. If an impeachment is attempted and successful we're stuck with pence, if it's unsuccessful that strengthens his supporters, it's a lose lose for democrats and republicans.

Old 05-23-2019, 08:33 AM

45,203 posts, read 26,414,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HankTellYouWhat View Post
I strongly dislike trump, but I don't think he should be impeached. If anything, it's just poor strategy. An impeachment could make trumps fan base stronger, it's a much better move to just let this play out and see what happens in the polls. If an impeachment is attempted and successful we're stuck with pence, if it's unsuccessful that strengthens his supporters, it's a lose lose for democrats and republicans.
Agree, since there is no crime, impeachment is the wrong attack.
I think the Dems should focus instead on policy...oh wait, they support most everything trump is doing!!!
Maybe make it personal? orange man, small hands, poor manners, combover, un pc...

p.s. Trump sucks, so does Bernie

Old 05-23-2019, 09:04 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,228,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
Meanwhile, as the entire media-political complex is consumed with this impeachment nonsense: Congress agreeing to completely waive away the debt ceiling and lift all spending caps.

Bipartisan, everyone on board, even the limited government "hawks" the Freedom Caucus likes to pretend being...and not one person in America has a clue because the ridiculous kabuki theater about separation of powers and sticking it to Trump has everyone totally distracted.

But go ahead folks, keep arguing back ad forth about the one guy who HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH SPENDING, and make sure you totally ignore the fact that Congress just agreed across the board to take spending madness to a whole new level.
The louder they get the more is going on behind the scenes.

That's always true.

Old 05-23-2019, 09:09 AM

6,744 posts, read 3,360,889 times
The left has their dimwitted minions believing that impeachment by the House means removal from office. It doesn't. It would be an admonishment, and for things they can't prove at that. Sore-loserism at its best.

The left needs to stop the lying and deceit. Removal from office would have to go through the Senate, and that would never fly.

Old 05-23-2019, 09:39 AM

923 posts, read 494,696 times
Impeachment is nothing more than fundraising rhetoric as far as the official leaders of the Dem Party are concerned. They know they dare not go through with it because it would backfire on them "bigly" and at best they'd simply lose the House in 2020. At worst, many of them wouldn't physically survive the ensuing bloodbath.

The problem is, it puts Pelosi between a rock and a hard spot. She knows what could happen is they pursue impeachment. But if she doesn't, then she's got the radical elements of her party breathing down her neck and she stands to lose her role as Speaker much less control of the Party.

Poor Nanc can't win either way. I almost feel sorry for her ..... almost.

Old 05-23-2019, 10:07 AM

8,302 posts, read 5,695,422 times
Everybody in this thread is taking Bernie's comment way out of context.

Old 05-23-2019, 10:12 AM

25,436 posts, read 9,791,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HankTellYouWhat View Post
I agree with Pelosi at this point. Barr is turning over counterintelligence documents. Courts have ruled that companies have to turn over financial information. I think we should see where all this goes.

Old 05-23-2019, 10:15 AM

39,852 posts, read 26,477,889 times
Poor old Screech. I'm not sure if Bernie has lost what little mind he had, or of he is just pandering to his particularly idiotic supporters. Either way it makes him look like a fool.

Old 05-24-2019, 06:12 AM

58,958 posts, read 27,261,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RcHydro View Post
You can impeach, but he will still be in office. If that happens. You think he was impossible to work with now, wait until that happens. Hugely inflated ego's dont like to be disagreed with. He's just a little man child.
"but he will still be in office" Hugely inflated ego's" of PELOSI'S and the rest of the DEMS don't like to be disagreed with.

The dems in congress are just a bunch of little man/woman children!

See how easy that is?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies