Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2019, 08:18 AM

16,911 posts, read 10,588,035 times

Advertisements

Ole’ Tubbs will get her day on the bill. Paper money is on its way out anyway. Jackson killed the bank, but also the natives. So his legacy is a wash.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2019, 08:20 AM

7,827 posts, read 3,380,409 times
This is about correct, as it takes 20 years to get anything done in this country it seems. I see nothing wrong with changing things up from time to time. There is nothing wrong with adding or removing various people from our history to our money.

Old 05-23-2019, 08:20 AM

21,989 posts, read 15,708,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by O.R.I.O.N View Post
What a waste of money and time. Good way to insure people don't use 20$ bills anymore...I'll switch to 10's.
So having Harriet Tubman on the twenty would cause a certain segment of the country to stop using twenty dollar bills? Really?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
Ole’ Tubbs will get her day on the bill. Paper money is on its way out anyway. Jackson killed the bank, but also the natives. So his legacy is a wash.
Trump is making sure it's not under his watch. It's amazing the crumbs women are willing to accept.

Old 05-23-2019, 08:22 AM

623 posts, read 233,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
So having Harriet Tubman on the twenty would cause a certain segment of the country to stop using twenty dollar bills? Really?
Those who despise political correctness will refuse to use them. Really gonna irritate the banks when the ATM gives 20's out and I pull back around to tell them I want 10's and or 50's or 100's not this garbage. Guess better start collecting 20's that are the TRUE 20$ bill...Jackson was a great president and fought the banks so no surprise the fed wants him gone.

Old 05-23-2019, 08:36 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,516,181 times
No way was this change gonna happen when you have an overt white nationalist in the White House. What would his followers say?

The change was timed for the 100th anniversary of women being able to vote.

Old 05-23-2019, 08:39 AM

52,698 posts, read 34,542,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
No way was this change gonna happen when you have an overt white nationalist in the White House. What would his followers say?

The change was timed for the 100th anniversary of women being able to vote.
i give up. what did they say when he gave tiger woods the presidential medal of freedom?

Old 05-23-2019, 08:45 AM

7,235 posts, read 7,037,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by O.R.I.O.N View Post
Those who despise political correctness will refuse to use them. Really gonna irritate the banks when the ATM gives 20's out and I pull back around to tell them I want 10's and or 50's or 100's not this garbage. Guess better start collecting 20's that are the TRUE 20$ bill...Jackson was a great president and fought the banks so no surprise the fed wants him gone.

I guess that will really show them when you either only use ATMs during banking hours, or have to make a separate trip to go to a bank, then take time out of *your* day to wait in line and exchange bills. Really sticking it to The Man there, huh?

I can't see how bank tellers will be irritated by helping customers with basic transactions. That's sort of what they are there for.

Old 05-23-2019, 08:54 AM

13,955 posts, read 5,621,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
So white men are fine but as soon as the suggestion of an historically significant black woman is made, no people on the money?
Where in "no people" do I express support for white men? I mean exactly what I wrote - NO PEOPLE.

I've always thought people on money, in any country, was dumb. Put the amount, some generic anti-counterfeiting artwork, and the name of the country on the money. Period. No matter which people you pick, somebody will be offended, so don't pick any, then everyone can st_fu. A one dollar bill should have the words "one" and "dollar" on it, the number 1, anti-counterfeiting artwork and a mention that it is United States federal reserve currency. It doesn't need to memorialize anyone, and should simply represent a medium of exchange authorized by the US government.

Old 05-23-2019, 09:06 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,414,577 times
I'm glad Trump is putting a stop to this PC nonsense. Nothing is wrong with the $20.

Old 05-23-2019, 10:52 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,516,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
i give up. what did they say when he gave tiger woods the presidential medal of freedom?
Lol..........He said "I told you that when we played at Mar a Lago I would hook you up"..........Trump loves him some famous, wealthy people, as well as dictatorial scumbags.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies