Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-23-2019, 12:54 AM

20,550 posts, read 17,705,684 times

Advertisements

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article...-to-respond-to

This was reported by various news agencies. Basically Jeff Bezos of Amazon refuses to come on stage to address the workers about climate change. He was going to announce plans for future space colonization plans.

While I do accept Climate Change, I don't think Amazon is the right platform. This is something the governments around the world should handle not corporations.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2019, 01:01 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,841,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post

This was reported by various news agencies. Basically Jeff Bezos of Amazon refuses to come on stage to address the workers about climate change. He was going to announce plans for future space colonization plans.

While I do accept Climate Change, I don't think Amazon is the right platform. This is something the governments around the world should handle not corporations.

uhm, no. we dont need any more government in our lives. while i recognize that climate cnhnge is happening, i also recognize that;

1: man has very little to do with it, since it is a natural progression

2: the only thing government will do is ruin economies around the world.

if you want something done about climate change, and anything we do will be just feel good things anyway, it will have to be done by the people putting pressure on corporations to do more green things. that is the best way to get things done, not through government.

Old 05-23-2019, 01:52 AM

12,275 posts, read 7,140,056 times
Quote:

As expected. He'd rather just wantonly trash this planet and when it's been sapped of all its resources, find a fresh new planet to do the same thing to. In other words, being a parasite.

Old 05-23-2019, 02:17 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,865,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
As expected. He'd rather just wantonly trash this planet and when it's been sapped of all its resources, find a fresh new planet to do the same thing to. In other words, being a parasite.
What proof do you have he's trashing the planet and depleting resources? I'd really like to know. Otherwise it sounds like a silly made up drama post.

Old 05-23-2019, 03:11 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Anything that divides the workers from the leeches is an interesting development to me.

Old 05-23-2019, 04:23 AM

16,083 posts, read 6,848,003 times
Quote:

Opinion:
Climate Change is inevitable.
It's been going on for billions of years.
Throwing money down the drain is not an obligation.
Jeff is only looking for things with quick returns on his investments.

Old 05-23-2019, 04:56 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,615,505 times
Man isn't significantly changing the climate, but if AGW were real NOTHING could stop it.

Only 8 % of people have air conditioning. Well over 1 billion people don't have electricity. Close to 2 billion don't have a refrigerator.

Pretending like you can keep billions of people living like we did 100 years ago is silly. They are all clamoring for the luxuries we have, and they will slkwly obtain them.

Imagine another billion cars. Any idea the imlact that has if AGW is real?

Old 05-23-2019, 09:53 AM

12,275 posts, read 7,140,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
What proof do you have he's trashing the planet and depleting resources? I'd really like to know. Otherwise it sounds like a silly made up drama post.
Have you seen how much packaging is used in Amazon deliveries? And how many people order frequently from there? So much waste...

Old 05-23-2019, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Humans by nature are parasites on this planet. We are the disruptors of earth equilibrium. Climate change is inevitable, humans accelerate the volume of climate changes.

Old 05-23-2019, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Have you seen how much packaging is used in Amazon deliveries? And how many people order frequently from there? So much waste...
Less than many fast food joints. You go to MCD, the packaging, straws, sauces, cups, lids, plastic wrappings of utensils. Amazon boxes are just paper.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies