Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2019, 06:05 AM

23,221 posts, read 29,044,905 times

Advertisements

I've yet to meet a Trump Supporter that could give me one reason why they dislike him. IN most cases, it's 100% love!

In the Far East it's been said you can't love someone without simultaneously hating them, at some point in time, and vice versa.

And those that hate Trump, it won't be any different, so if no one responds to this post, I won't be surprised.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2019, 06:23 AM

34,231 posts, read 18,579,444 times
Treatment of the economy
Tax cuts
Economic policy that promotes American business and U.S. job creation
Energy Policy to generate more domestic fossil fuels
Puts America first over the push for Globalism
Anti Republican Establishment (against go along to get along members)

Dislike:

Some of his tweets sound juvenile
He is too emotional in some of his verbal responses/no filter
Huge ego to the point of distraction
Past volatility in his inner circle
Has not yet fulfilled wall promise

Old 05-23-2019, 06:28 AM

59,059 posts, read 27,306,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
I've yet to meet a Trump Supporter that could give me one reason why they dislike him. IN most cases, it's 100% love!

In the Far East it's been said you can't love someone without simultaneously hating them, at some point in time, and vice versa.

And those that hate Trump, it won't be any different, so if no one responds to this post, I won't be surprised.
America FIRST!

He is FINALLY fight back at the media. NO other repub DARED defy them.

He is a counter puncher, the dem politicians do NOT know how to act when some one punches back at them.

He has restored our reputation around the world after 8 years of obama and his constant apologizing for America.

He has gotten the UN to FINALLY pony up the money they agreed to pay.

We are talking with China and North Korea. Something no one else in a long time has been able to do.

I could go on and on but...!

Old 05-23-2019, 06:32 AM

4,865 posts, read 4,179,855 times
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
America FIRST!

He is FINALLY fight back at the media. NO other repub DARED defy them.

He is a counter puncher, the dem politicians do NOT know how to act when some one punches back at them.

He has restored our reputation around the world after 8 years of obama and his constant apologizing for America.

He has gotten the UN to FINALLY pony up the money they agreed to pay.

We are talking with China and North Korea. Something no one else in a long time has been able to do.

I could go on and on but...!
So this then?

Old 05-23-2019, 06:35 AM

20,458 posts, read 12,381,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Treatment of the economy
Tax cuts
Economic policy that promotes American business and U.S. job creation
Energy Policy to generate more domestic fossil fuels
Puts America first over the push for Globalism
Anti Republican Establishment (against go along to get along members)

Dislike:

Some of his tweets sound juvenile
He is too emotional in some of his verbal responses/no filter
Huge ego to the point of distraction
Past volatility in his inner circle
Has not yet fulfilled wall promise

this is pretty much where I am at.

policy wise he is nearly pitch perfect.

personality wise, while I like the fact that he doesn't play by the rules democrats require republicans play by, sometimes he over reaches.

I think he took too much time to get to the wall and I think he has not worked to cut spending as much as I would like.

Old 05-23-2019, 06:37 AM

15,292 posts, read 7,759,397 times
- He's right on immigration, the "national question" and most cultural and economic issues...
- and is willing to pursue correct policies in those areas despite overwhelming, hostile opposition from the establishment.
- He can't be cowed or shamed into changing course.
- He's funny.

Dislike
- He chose Bolton as national security advisor which has pushed America towards war.
- He is too dismissive of climate change.
- He's spends too much time tweeting and watching TV.
- He says some dumb things.

Old 05-23-2019, 06:45 AM

3,318 posts, read 2,339,713 times
Quote:

I love what he has done for the economy in terms of relaxing burdensome regulation and making the U.S. more competitive. I also like what he has done on taxes.

I don't like his big mouth. The stupid little nicknames he has for everyone. Seriously, you're the freaking president, this isn't middle school gym class.

He hasn't gotten the wall built, and I know he can't do it alone, but I feel like there's more he could have done while Repubs still controlled The House.

I don't like how often he goes down to Mar-a-Lago. Once or twice a year would be fine, but he's down there every other month it seems, all at taxpayers expense.

Old 05-23-2019, 06:46 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,365,577 times
1. He is hilarious (not that he slways means to be) - this is my favorite thing.
2. He told the NRA they didn't own him
3. Doesn't pander to media
4. My taxes
5. America first attitude (though still waiting to see how that actual manifests)

Dislikes
1. Really quite dumb
2. Doesn't seem to actually know what he's doing
3. Super insensitive/lack of diplomacy
4. Misogynist
5. Low standards of whom he associates with

Old 05-23-2019, 06:55 AM

16,911 posts, read 10,591,580 times
Like:
1. Right on immigration
2. Right on Trade
3. Right on tax cuts
4. Doesn’t pander to media
5. Strong on reversing bad deals for America

Dislike:

1. Bolton was a bad pick
2. His buddy relationship with the Saudis
3. Did not extend travel ban to all terrorists countries
4. Too much rabble rousing against Iran
5. Somewhat disrespectful to other cultures (ie. when visiting Japan)

Old 05-23-2019, 06:57 AM

3,637 posts, read 1,698,703 times
I honestly wish I could find one thing to say I like about Trump...…...honestly, I do. Generally, you can find one thing about even the worst person that shows they have some glimmer of humanity inside them. But, with Donald Trump, and I mean this , I can not think of one redeeming value the man has. If anything, maybe the fact that he does seem to love his daughter above everyone else in his life, but even that relationship has some semi creepy aspects to it.

On the negative side, there are so many things to dislike about Trump, and, not just dislike, but detest. Let's start with his lifelong history of being an unscrupulous , dishonest businessman. Some business people make money at their craft, but they do it ethically and honestly. He did not. He stepped on an cheated every person and vendor he ever dealt with. Many went out of business because of the financial damage he caused them, and many had to sue to get the money they were entitled to.

But, even deeper than that disgust I have for Trump is simply the kind of sour, ugly natured, very immature, insecure, not very bright, vindictive man he is at his core. He delights in attacking others, brags incessantly about how smart and wonderful he is, and , generally, how he relates to everyone around him, including those on his own team and side.

And finally, there are the LIES. I do not think there is another human on the planet who spews lie after lie , in machine gun fashion, like Donald Trump. It is way beyond pathological, it really verges on a serious mental health issue. What is sad is that he not only lies to people on the other side of the fence, he is doing it to his own followers and supporters, but they somehow see this as him being tough and smart.

That should be disturbing to anyone, not just people who oppose him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies