Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2019, 10:28 AM

4,507 posts, read 1,862,401 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewjdeg View Post
The post is such BS. Minneapolis is a great city and it gets better every year.
How many suicide vests do you own?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2019, 10:33 AM

20,757 posts, read 8,573,399 times
That district needs to make her a one term Congresswoman

Old 05-23-2019, 10:45 AM

18,455 posts, read 7,087,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
You do realize that Minneapolis like every other US city has good and bad sections? This is not rocket science.
For example in NYC. You are afraid of the 60s in the Upper West Side? Really? Okay now Hunts Point in the Bronx....

I recently had to go to Minneapolis on business.

Admittedly, I was only there for a day.....but I didn't care much for what I saw of it.

It looked like a dirty, dismal place.

Even all the lakes didn't help.

Old 05-23-2019, 10:47 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,008,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecrowds View Post
Iihan Omar's third-world Minneapolis has a violent crime rate of 1100 per 100,000 people as opposed to just over 200 per 100,000 people for the state of Minnesota.

What a shame that the city that once a shining beacon of prosperity has became a majority of third-world city with only small pockets of decent areas.

Her crime-ridden district has violent crime that is 5 times the state average and around 3 times the national average.

I love Minnesota, but would never consider a visit to Minneapolis. Glad that visitors to the great state of Minnesota can fly in and not even have to cross into the dangerous city of Minneapolis on there way to all the many first-class towns, small cities, lakes, lush hills in that incredible state.

Also according to conservative review, Cedar Riverside is a sprawling government subsisized housing complex where many pay pennies on the dollar market rate rents and lots of overseas terrorist funding comes from the Cedar-Riverside.

Minneapolis also looks nearly as bad as LA or San Francisco when it comes to homeless camps that are just ignored by the liberals. Feel very sorry for the homeless veterans shunned

I love Minnesota personally and visitors are lucky that they can fly in and avoid Minneapolis all together and enjoy some of the highest quality of life cities in the nation like Duluth, Rochester, St. Cloud and all the hundreds of quaint lake towns and Norman Rockwell looking smaller cities across the state.

https://www.conservativereview.com/n...rror-overseas/

https://www.kare11.com/article/news/...9-d9645d59db14

Minneapolis homeless camp officially closes as last residents leave - StarTribune.com

https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s.../minnesota.xls

https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s.../violent-crime
You blaming her -- she's bee in office six months.

Those figures are all before her time.

Your point?

Old 05-23-2019, 11:26 AM

6,137 posts, read 3,863,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
I recently had to go to Minneapolis on business.

Admittedly, I was only there for a day.....but I didn't care much for what I saw of it.

It looked like a dirty, dismal place.

Even all the lakes didn't help.
Minneapolis also is a city one can sense the harsh very, very wide income disparity similar to cities like LA, Denver, Oakland. Minneapolis is a city of very wide income disparities for sure, which is a defining trait of a non-swing Democratic city.

Some cities like Minneapolis that are very liberal just have that dirty and dismal way about them.

Omaha city population is similar population to Minneapolis city limit population. But Omaha is a run by a very conservative Republican and Omaha has much, much, much better vibes.

Omaha has about half the violent crime rate, Omaha is also a much cleaner and friendlier city than Minneapolis could ever be.

Minnesota has one of the highest quality of life in the country and always has but sadly over the last generation or two, Minneapolis has become more and more third-world except for isolated, very dense pockets of mass wealth isolated from areas like Cedar Riverside and North Minneapolis.

Minneapolis has a tremendous skyline, isolated areas of really nice historic neighborhoods and the chain lakes going for it but overall I found the city proper very, very depressing and one of the least safe cities in my country.

St. Paul is a Democratic city also, but it's more moderate rather than the San Francisco/LA/Denver style of liberalism that ignores the out of control problems and ignores the basics but spends a fortune on bells and whistles that aren't even needed .Minnesota is an incredible state overall and I really enjoy the Norman Rockwell style small towns on hills, lake-front towns and there are lots of high-amenity cities for their size like St. Cloud, Duluth, Rochester.

I have been Minneapolis several times myself and it is does have that dirty, dismal cleanliness and culture that is very common is very liberal cities like LA, Albuquerque, Denver, Oakland.

Old 05-23-2019, 11:33 AM

7,827 posts, read 3,381,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Liberal social engineering at its finest.

Turning nice, prosperous cities into third world crap holes in a decade.
What people in their right mind would voluntarily import this sort of thing into their country? Oh, right - Democrats!

Old 05-23-2019, 12:15 PM

30,063 posts, read 18,663,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
What people in their right mind would voluntarily import this sort of thing into their country? Oh, right - Democrats!

Indeed-

It's alright when dems destroy their own communities, as long as they agree to keep living there after they wreck them.

The problem is that libs are like locusts- once they destroy a nice area, they move on to destroy other areas. They don't seem to understand that it is their views and policies, not the geography, that destroys a region.

Witness the liberal infestation that has happened in CO,WY, and MT in the west. FL, AZ and NC are being overrun. They are even appearing in Nashville and eastern TN (one of the last places one would expect).

Last time I was in Charleston, SC, there were more New Yorkers than South Carolinians.

Liberalism: destroying one community at a time to make everywhere like Camden, NJ.

Old 05-23-2019, 02:38 PM

8,495 posts, read 8,787,669 times
"liberal infestation that has happened in WY?" Outside Jackson and Laramie, Democrats are about 1 in 4 to 1 in 6 in almost all of the rest of state. Liberal Democrats rarer still. Only 22% of the state is registered Democrat.

Montana is 35% Democratic. Colorado only 48% registered Democratic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies