Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2019, 11:50 AM

7,827 posts, read 3,363,784 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
Exactly. Send them to the third world but not in my local Whole Foods because I am better than those people!
Pretty much sums up the Democrat argument across the board. They also feel we need to import brown people because white people are too good to babysit or put roofs on houses. Who's going to clean your toilet if we don't import brown people to do it for a fraction of what we should ethically be paying people?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2019, 11:53 AM

37,025 posts, read 41,072,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
You honestly believe that a company like Monosanto is going to let an independent company test their chemicals? It’s not ignorant it’s called being naïve on your part. Follow the breadcrumbs.
How could Monsanto prevent it? You can buy its products off the shelf.

Old 05-25-2019, 11:55 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,476,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
Most farmers were buying seed every year way before GMO seed became available. Most corn grown today is hybrid and seed from a crop cannot be used because you will not get the same plant that the seed came from.

There are no commercially available GMO tomatoes, so your anecdote is a myth.

You may grow your own plants without pesticides but commercial organic growers do indeed use them. Whatever you plant has indeed been genetically altered by selective breeding.

https://www.agdaily.com/technology/t...ic-production/

On testing:

https://geneticliteracyproject.org/2...d-regulations/
As I said above follow the breadcrumbs. You want naively believe that spray poison on crops is good, then more power to you.

Just the fact that you just dismiss anything somebody tells you doesn’t make you right.

Ignorance is bliss. And companies like Monsanto are counting on it.

Old 05-25-2019, 12:00 PM

7,827 posts, read 3,363,784 times
Quote:
As I said above follow the breadcrumbs. You want naively believe that spray poison on crops is good, then more power to you.

Just the fact that you just dismiss anything somebody tells you doesn’t make you right.

How about all the scientists who don't work for Monsanto? Are they all complicit in some grand scheme too?

Old 05-25-2019, 12:10 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,476,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post

How about all the scientists who don't work for Monsanto? Are they all complicit in some grand scheme too?
Whose paying said scientist? I don’t see a scientist doing testing on whatever without getting paid.

Old 05-25-2019, 12:58 PM

30,017 posts, read 11,606,631 times
Quote:
You honestly believe that a company like Monosanto is going to let an independent company test their chemicals? It’s not ignorant it’s called being naïve on your part. Follow the breadcrumbs.

I hope they are not breadcrumbs baked with GMO wheat!

The folks scared by Monsanto and GMO's act just like Alex Jones and his Infowar's minions. And actually Alex Jones like you believes GMO's are dangerous. Not surprising.

I believe scientists like Neil deGrasse Tyson and the 6,000 peer reviewed studies. And the close to 90% of scientists who say GMO's are safe.

Best not to form you views from youtube videos and biased online outlets. Or Alex Jones.

Old 05-25-2019, 01:02 PM

30,017 posts, read 11,606,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post

Yes they are. They are the same scientists that are pushing the fake round earth theory. We all know the job of science is to mislead the public. For what other reason could the possibly exist?

Old 05-25-2019, 01:44 PM

Quote:

I provided sources to support what I posted.

Genetic modifications reduce the amount of "poison" needed, but refuse to believe it if you wish.

Organic growers use "poisons", too.

Quote:
Whose paying said scientist? I don’t see a scientist doing testing on whatever without getting paid.
Said scientist is paid by his employer, and many of those employers are not Monsanto and get no money from Monsanto.

If you pay taxes you paid for some of it:

Like this one:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6279255/

"This work was supported by the Intramural Research Program of the National Institutes of Health, National Cancer Institute, Division of Cancer Epidemiology and Genetics (Z01CP010119), National Institute of Environmental Health Science (NIEHS; Z01ES0490300), the Iowa Cancer Registry (HHSN261201300020I), and Iowa’s Holden Comprehensive Cancer Center (P30CA086862), as well as the NIEHS-funded Environmental Health Sciences Research Center at the University of Iowa (P30ES005605)."

Old 05-25-2019, 02:08 PM

3,372 posts, read 1,557,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post

Can you provide a peer-reviewed study that supports GMO products causing any health problems?
Peer-reviewed sources also didn't catch the fact that Roundup caused so many cases of cancer. "A 2000 review concluded that "under present and expected conditions of new use, there is no potential for Roundup herbicide to pose a health risk to humans." LOL! (Williams GM, Kroes R, Munro IC (April 2000).

Peer-review is in the pocket of the establishment. Eat your GMOs, Suzy-q.

Old 05-25-2019, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by heart84 View Post
Peer-reviewed sources also didn't catch the fact that Roundup caused so many cases of cancer. "A 2000 review concluded that "under present and expected conditions of new use, there is no potential for Roundup herbicide to pose a health risk to humans." LOL! (Williams GM, Kroes R, Munro IC (April 2000).

Peer-review is in the pocket of the establishment. Eat your GMOs, Suzy-q.
In other words, all you have is a worldwide conspiracy.

From Australia, current, not 20 years ago.

https://apvma.gov.au/node/13891

https://apvma.gov.au/node/47421
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies