Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2019, 08:29 AM

4,204 posts, read 2,340,890 times

Advertisements

It remains to be seen if CNN will be honest with its audience about this matter and any internal investigations into it. CNN has a history of covering up resignations of people involved in scandals in its organization. In 2017, three senior CNN officials resigned amid a fake news story on the Russia probe–and CNN has still not answered a series of questions about the matter and has not published, as is the ethical standard for organizations purporting to publish news content, its findings of the internal investigation into the publication of that fake news.

CNN spokespersons have not replied to requests for comment when asked who hired Elshamy, how these comments were not found during his hiring process when they were publicly available at that time, whether anyone else will be held accountable for the severe missteps in vetting of CNN staff, and whether CNN will be conducting a review of other staff for antisemitic comments or a review of CNN’s published content in which Elshamy had a role.

CNN is moderating the Democrat presidential primary debates next week in Detroit, Michigan, on Tuesday and Wednesday evening. It is unclear if rising antisemitism on the left is a topic that CNN will address in questions to Democrat presidential candidates. At this stage, network spokespersons have not answered whether such rising antisemitism–as displayed by Democrat Reps. Rashida Tlaib (D-MI) and Ilhan Omar (D-MN) in particular–is off-limits at the debate in the wake of the Elshamy resignation.

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/cnn-photo...f-jewish-pigs/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2019, 08:30 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,520,724 times
I've never heard of this person (a photo editor) but they definitely should be fired.

Old 07-26-2019, 08:34 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,376,689 times
What does some photo editor have to do with the DNC debates, exactly?

Old 07-26-2019, 08:37 AM

4,204 posts, read 2,340,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
I've never heard of this person (a photo editor) but they definitely should be fired.

A lot of anti-Semitism on the left, but conservatives are the nazis.

Old 07-26-2019, 09:37 AM

23,972 posts, read 15,075,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovetosave View Post
A lot of anti-Semitism on the left, but conservatives are the nazis.
CNN got rid of him when they were made aware of the post.

Is the head of the Border Patrol still on the payroll?

Old 07-26-2019, 09:51 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,618,587 times
Fascinating first Democrats had conspiracy theorists lead their debate. Now they choose to debate on the anti-Sematic network.

Wonder who they will pick to give the questions to, like Hillary? Biden?

Old 07-26-2019, 09:52 AM

19,803 posts, read 9,353,220 times
First, I want to make it 100% without a doubt clear that I do not support any hatred against any group (except for people like child molesters, serial killers, or anyone else who intentionally causes great physical or financial harm to someone else with no provocation whatsoever).

I also dislike hypocrisy just as much (or very close to it).

So my question is: Why is it okay for some kinds of bigotry to be okay for journalists, but other kinds of bigotry is not okay? Although I am referring specifically to The New York Times' hiring of Sarah Jeong, this is not the only case of this kind of hypocrisy happening, unless I am very much mistaken.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-45052534

So, yes, I do think that Elsharmy should have been fired if he didn't resign, but I think that Jeong should have been fired, too.

Last edited by katharsis; 07-26-2019 at 10:22 AM..

Old 07-26-2019, 09:56 AM

16,956 posts, read 16,751,778 times
CNN is dirty, like Hillary and old stale bath water.

Old 07-26-2019, 10:00 AM

6,793 posts, read 5,660,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
First, I want to make it absolutely 100% without a doubt clear that I do not support any hatred against any group (except for people like child molesters, serial killers, or anyone else who intentionally causes great physical or financial harm to someone else with no provocation whatsoever).

I also dislike hypocrisy just as much (or very close to it).

So my question is: Why is it okay for some kinds of bigotry to be okay for journalists, but other kinds of bigotry is not okay? Although I am referring specifically to The New York Times' hiring of Sarah Jeong, this is not the only case of this kind of hypocrisy happening, unless I am very much mistaken.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-45052534

P.S. To try to be absolutely clear, I think that Elsharmy should have been fired if he didn't resign, but I think that Jeong should have been fired, too.
Its fairly obvious to me.. Sarah's racist tweets were aimed at white people. Today's Media not only accepts but also encourages hatred of white people.

Old 07-26-2019, 10:15 AM

23,972 posts, read 15,075,178 times
This guy is a total nit wit.

Photo editors decide which is the best picture out of 100 to air or print. Photo editors all over this country are getting laid off. He was damn lucky to get a job.

Most media people won't even vote in a primary, much less say something stupid like this guy did. I hope he never gets another job.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies