Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2019, 03:37 PM

23,177 posts, read 12,202,565 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
In part we have lost there also.

By your definition, everyone has lost everything everywhere. Maybe the problem is in your definition?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2019, 04:10 PM

8,104 posts, read 3,957,018 times
Quote:
If we won we would not still be there fighting 17 years on. There is nothing to win there. All we did was spread the destabilization.
What if destabilization was the private end goal?
It fuels the MIC.

Also, one of the most touted reasons fed to the public, is removing Saddam and bringing freedom, democracy and peace to the region. On that instance it was an utter failure because of the number of new terrorists and market bombings it created as well as destabilizing the rest of the region.

We need to listen less to what politicians and the corporate media are feeding us and watch what they have done and are doing.

Right now they are playing the same game with Iran by softening them with sanctions and magnifying every word they speak in defiance to this as a threat to us via the corporate media.

Once we placed sanctions on Iran, I consider anything they do is out of defense.
That does not mean I side with Iran, it means I see the game for what it is.

If you block my driveway with your car so I can not go trade or buy from others, then I have every right to blow up your car.

Old 05-26-2019, 04:13 PM

79,913 posts, read 44,167,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by J746NEW View Post
What if destabilization was the private end goal?
It fuels the MIC.
I suppose some does see it that way.

Quote:
Also, one of the most touted reasons fed to the public, is removing Saddam and bringing freedom, democracy and peace to the region. On that instance it was an utter failure because of the number of new terrorists and market bombings it created as well as destabilizing the rest of the region.

We need to listen less to what politicians and the corporate media are feeding us and watch what they have done and are doing.

Right now they are playing the same game with Iran by softening them with sanctions and magnifying every word they speak in defiance to this as a threat to us via the corporate media.

Once we placed sanctions on Iran, I consider anything they do is out of defense.
That does not mean I side with Iran, it means I see the game for what it is.

If you block my driveway with your car so I can not go trade or buy from others, then I have every right to blow up your car.
It was all a lie. You can't win based upon lies.

Old 05-26-2019, 04:18 PM

Quote:
You don't re-elect them and you throw their party out of power. Neither Bush nor Obama should have ever been re-elected. The reason politicians do as you say is because they know they will never be held accountable.

No way Ron Paul does what Bush and Obama did.

How much were you paid for your vote?
I agree with this but it proves how effective the corporate media is and how brainwashed Americans are.

Old 05-26-2019, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
Is that your definition of won? I guess we've lost the battle against thieves and murderers because after hundreds of years we still have police in the streets fighting criminals.
Umm we lost.
How about the war on poverty.
The mission statement says to end hunger and homelessness and yet 500,000 people are homeless in this country.
A record number btw.

Old 05-26-2019, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
By your definition, everyone has lost everything everywhere. Maybe the problem is in your definition?
Whose stated definition and story do we go by?
The corporate fed media, the president?
The Warmongers on the internet?

We need to know this so we can ignore everything they report going forward.

Old 05-26-2019, 04:43 PM

79,913 posts, read 44,167,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by J746NEW View Post
I agree with this but it proves how effective the corporate media is and how brainwashed Americans are.
No argument.

Old 05-26-2019, 04:44 PM

23,968 posts, read 15,063,270 times
From what i read and am told by Iranian friends, all we need to do is wait. The regime will die off. The many educated women in Iran will have a profound influence on the next leaders.

Could be a pipe dream. But they may be right.

Old 05-26-2019, 04:45 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,179,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
From what i read and am told by Iranian friends, all we need to do is wait. The regime will die off. The many educated women in Iran will have a profound influence on the next leaders.

Nah, it’s a pipe dream.

Old 05-26-2019, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post

The new leaders need to be friendly to US interests and allow us to build a base in their country in order to act as a counterbalance against Russia and China.

So, the chances of that happening are pretty slim.

If I was Iran, I would be asking Russia or China for some nuclear weapons to protect my country.

Last edited by J746NEW; 05-26-2019 at 04:56 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies