Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2019, 05:47 AM

9,897 posts, read 3,403,148 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
I just switched shaving gear from Gillette.

I hate having political agendas shoved down my throat.

What idiot in marketing there thinks that you increase sales by alienating a large component of your consumers? Politics and consumer products do not mix, as you are always going to lose a good chunk of your consumers.
Contrary to what many say, corporations do not necessarily put profits as their sole motivator. When a corporation reaches a certain level of solvency, they often feel the need to go beyond selling widgets, and desire also to engage in "social issues." Since most big corporations in the West are headed by white people, there's that all to common white need to be a savior, which is more easily able to find expression with abundant funding.

Old 05-28-2019, 06:08 AM

9,267 posts, read 5,081,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
What's the diff? There have never been single moms teaching son how to shave? Commercial with single dad teaching daughter how to shave legs? Most everyone shaves something (whether for good or bad) so get used to it!
Maybe you intentionally miss the point. We don't know. Inserting a deviant character into an ad for a hygiene product is suspect.

What other abnormal characters will demand equal time in commercials? Or maybe there's an agenda here.

Ya think?

Old 05-28-2019, 06:14 AM

25,408 posts, read 9,702,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
Sorry If was me I’d be embarrassed as hell!....need your father to teach you how to shave. what are you some kind of wuss...oh yea transgender. What is this society coming to! Will this hurt the Gillette brand—-I hope so!

https://thehill.com/homenews/media/4...n-how-to-shave
Don't watch. Simple.

Old 05-28-2019, 06:25 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,405,195 times
Talking Here We Go Again Gillette Ad Shows Father Proudly Teaching his Transgender Son How To Shave

Headline:

Razor blade commercial drives Trumplings into safe spaces.

Carry on.

Old 05-28-2019, 06:27 AM

3,637 posts, read 1,684,874 times
Quote:
Sorry If was me I’d be embarrassed as hell!....need your father to teach you how to shave. what are you some kind of wuss...oh yea transgender. What is this society coming to! Will this hurt the Gillette brand—-I hope so!

Something tells me it is not the shaving part that bothers you about this ad.

Old 05-28-2019, 06:28 AM

19,394 posts, read 6,449,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
I just switched shaving gear from Gillette.

I hate having political agendas shoved down my throat.

What idiot in marketing there thinks that you increase sales by alienating a large component of your consumers? Politics and consumer products do not mix, as you are always going to lose a good chunk of your consumers.
A liberal idiot.

Hope the guy is fired. If he worked for me, he would be. (Of course, I never would have approved such an ad to start with.)

Old 05-28-2019, 06:28 AM

3,372 posts, read 1,553,719 times
Rumor is Gillette is transitioning their slogan to, "The best a trans can get."

Old 05-28-2019, 06:29 AM

19,394 posts, read 6,449,594 times
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
Don't watch. Simple.
Don't buy the product. Also simple.

Old 05-28-2019, 06:33 AM

4,861 posts, read 9,266,505 times
What would be nice is if they would show a truly loving, concerned dad helping his daughter seek help for her gender confusion issue. If they would show a loving, concerned dad explaining why she cannot ever be a man because she was created as a female with female organs and that he loves her so much that he will not stop until she gets the help she needs to fulfill her God given (or Mother Nature given for those atheists out there) purpose in this life as the woman that she is.

A dad encouraging his daughter to be a "man" which she never can truly be because humans don't have that kind of magic wand, just superficial surgical tactics, is a sad lack of parenting and succumbing to the idiocy of political correctness so that he can be her "buddy" instead of her dad.

Old 05-28-2019, 06:34 AM

6,855 posts, read 2,821,729 times
Default Razor blade commercial drives Trumplings into safe spaces.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Is a "transgender son" a boy pretending to be a girl or a girl pretending to be a boy? I'm so confused! If it's a girl pretending to be a boy, why does she need to shave (well unless she is being taught to shave something other than a beard)

I'm sorry you're confused. I am proud of you for admitting you are the one confused, instead of projecting that on to me, and those like me, as others do here. That's a pretty big step. Admitting that you are the one with the problem is the first step in fixing it. Perhaps if you minded your own business you wouldn't be confused. To clear it up for you, a transgender son would obviously be a boy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies