Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2019, 04:31 PM

26,656 posts, read 28,650,295 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
Who cares? Government should stay out of marriage anyway. Do away with marriage altogether.
Yep. Go back to caveman days when there was no government, no laws, no society, no countries. Things get pretty messed up when you have no rules and guidelines. But go live in a cave or a desert island because this sort of thing would work in places like that.

Old 05-25-2019, 04:40 PM

26,656 posts, read 28,650,295 times
So, is this about gay marriage? I don't understand the big deal about not wanting to require a marriage license.

If it is about gay marriage, I still think there should be a license. Things get messy when there's no public record. No marriages? It's better to have official marriages because if the couple splits up, there's not so much confusion about who gets what. And what about kids? These laws and requirements are for our own protection.

I hope this is not about hatred for gay people. However, I do agree that their unions should not be called marriages. A marriage is between a man and a woman. Call it a civil union (or something) and extend to them the same rights as to a married couple. Then leave them alone and let them live their lives instead of being so hateful to them (if this is about gay marriage.)
Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies