Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2019, 10:30 PM

9,569 posts, read 5,617,651 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
It's no longer enough to criminalize actions. They want to own you, body, mind and soul. Leftists want to control what you think, and punish those who think different. Liberalism is a mental disorder. Resist insanity. Thankfully, America is not Brazil, and we will fight any power grabs attempted by the lame NPC crowd.
That would be the right wing and their current assault on women's bodies.
Certainly a lot more intrusive than any so called "hate speech " legislation which doesn't exist.

Old 05-25-2019, 10:31 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 17 days ago)

29,544 posts, read 16,528,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironpony View Post
I don't understand how they can make this a crime since it's not an action. Usually crimes are actions, like things people do. Having a certain feeling or opinion about something is not a crime, so how can they make it a crime, if it's not an actual act?
Quote:
Originally Posted by O.R.I.O.N View Post
https://www.nbcnews.com/feature/nbc-...crime-n1010111

Wow. This is where America is headed if leftists get their way....disturbing to say the least.
We can agree this law goes to far, but at the same time, ask why anyone would support racism or homophobia

the law does 3 things.

Makes discrimination against LGBT individuals illegal. Makes attacks against their person a hate crime. Makes speech against them illegal.

I would think most conservatives would support the first 2, so why not have an open and honest discussion about it ?

Old 05-25-2019, 10:50 PM

8,224 posts, read 3,494,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
No, liberalism is not a mental disorder. Are you upset that your Social Security and Medicare came about from the result of past national leaders having a mental disorders?
If I could stop paying into both? I would in a heart beat.
I'd cash out every penny I ever paid into both schemes and be set.
I can invest it better than bureaucrats can. And I don't have to worry about congress "borrowing" from it or giving it to fraudsters who've never paid in...

Old 05-25-2019, 11:10 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 17 days ago)

29,544 posts, read 16,528,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post
If I could stop paying into both? I would in a heart beat.
I'd cash out every penny I ever paid into both schemes and be set.
I can invest it better than bureaucrats can. And I don't have to worry about congress "borrowing" from it or giving it to fraudsters who've never paid in...
What exactly would you "invest " it in ? because if its banks or stocks, then the bold still applies

Old 05-25-2019, 11:26 PM

8,224 posts, read 3,494,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
What exactly would you "invest " it in ? because if its banks or stocks, then the bold still applies
Various things. I'd more than likely buy a couple more defaulted houses.
Rent them out. Like air B&B. I happen to live where people vacation and retire...

I like tangible assets that have will always have desire/demand. I do have traditional investments such as stock shares as well.

I've never lost money. When I was a teenager, dirtbikes, atvs, snowmobiles were guaranteed money come november-week of christmas.
I used to skip over the border to MA and CT where they failed for rust through on the body. Paid scrap prices. Bring back to NY where if they needed at most 1k thrown at them to pass NYSI. So be it.

I never lost money on winter beaters either.
I'd buy cheap
Stack deep.
Tinker on my time off.
Flip for profit.

I'm what you call an opportunist.

Old 05-26-2019, 01:01 AM

6,835 posts, read 2,397,655 times
As demoralizing as free speech in the U.S. can be, thankfully we have not stopped this low like Brazil because otherwise our prisons would be even more crowded.

Old 05-26-2019, 03:22 AM

5,110 posts, read 3,067,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
We can agree this law goes to far, but at the same time, ask why anyone would support racism or homophobia

the law does 3 things.

Makes discrimination against LGBT individuals illegal. Makes attacks against their person a hate crime. Makes speech against them illegal.

I would think most conservatives would support the first 2, so why not have an open and honest discussion about it ?
Well thing about about hate speech is the authorities never seen to do anything about it though. Even if it is a crime, would a prosector actually be willing to spend so much money on a trial, for someone who is guilty of being homophobic? I don't think they would be willing to go to trial over something like that, so therefore, I don't think this law will be taken seriously by most prosecutors, unless I am wrong?

Old 05-26-2019, 03:34 AM

5,788 posts, read 5,101,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftymh View Post
So now they’re compelled by law to pretend men in skirts are really women?
No, they ate compelled to be nice to all. What they really think about men in skirts are their own business, just keep it private. Live and let live. Is that too hard to understand for the naturally bigoted trump crowd?

Old 05-26-2019, 05:31 AM

1,687 posts, read 1,281,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironpony View Post
Well thing about about hate speech is the authorities never seen to do anything about it though. Even if it is a crime, would a prosector actually be willing to spend so much money on a trial, for someone who is guilty of being homophobic? I don't think they would be willing to go to trial over something like that, so therefore, I don't think this law will be taken seriously by most prosecutors, unless I am wrong?
Generally not but, the law allowing criminilization of speech even in 1 instance is wrong, it allows legal weaponization of wrongthink.

Are you an incumbent politician facing a very tough and popular candidate? Well have we got a new law for you. Anti-hate speech laws. No more searching for pesky, inconvenient, boring evidence and standards like: inconsistent bill receipts, motel room videos, tax returns, or written statements. Oh, what a bother. Now all you have to do is say that you opponent used a word like "F-g" to describe fa---ts, or used the word, "Ni---r" at any point and, watch the blizzard of liberal, snowflake fury descend upon your opponent's entire life And get this; it doesn't even need to be true! No truth, no due process and, no worries for you.

Upgrade your weaponry. Replace those demolition charges with wrongthink charges because, destroying an opponent's building can hurt them for years but, destroying an opponent's reputation is forever.

...the Democratic party wants this in America...

Be the Fighter!

Old 05-26-2019, 05:55 AM

7,808 posts, read 6,387,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pennyone View Post
No, they ate compelled to be nice to all. What they really think about men in skirts are their own business, just keep it private. Live and let live. Is that too hard to understand for the naturally bigoted trump crowd?
People should be allowed to say what they think. Men in skirts are men.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies