Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2019, 09:18 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,560,145 times

Advertisements

Obviously trump obstructed, that was made very clear. That little ditty that presidents canmot be indicted while in office needs to change, immediately.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2019, 09:18 AM

7,269 posts, read 4,213,236 times
I think this is a prelude to the IG report coming out that is going to totally crush dems & the deep state.

Old 05-29-2019, 09:19 AM

8,498 posts, read 4,561,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
"If we had confidence that the President did not commit a crime we would have said so."

Special Counsel Mueller

The Mueller report did not exonerate Trump as it made no definitive judgements. Barr and DJT have been perpetuating the lie of exoneration since it was completed.

2,561 posts, read 2,182,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoOnMyMind View Post
Well that was a nothing burger. We may not of heard the last of Mr Mueller, let’s see where the real investigation leads. He seems scared of questions, but he can be subpoenaed
-Volume 1 conclusion: They had insufficient evidence of conspiracy. So perhaps there was none, but he worded it as they had insufficient evidence.

-Volume 2 conclusion: He did not conclude whether Trump obstructed justice. He didn't charge because DOJ policy says you cannot indict the President.

I think he was clarifying this for those that keep saying "No collusion, no obstruction" because each of the bullet points above are different than "no collusion, no obstruction."

So there's no indictments, which is acceptable because how the Justice Department works. What is not acceptable is people burying their heads in the sand about what is acceptable behavior or having a reasonable debate about what is acceptable behavior.

Also, do you believe the country should fix areas in terms of election interference by Russia? His last statement was that every American should be concerned about that.

20,955 posts, read 8,674,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
I suppose he's suggesting the DOJ policy is unconstitutional.
No, I think the DOJ approved his speech there - which is why he was reading it.

I think they stretched the truth from "longstanding policy" to "unconstitutional" in order to try and make a point.

I do understand the basics behind charging someone if you aren't going to try them...but maybe the DOJ should then suggest Impeachment (which he sorta did, by inference). That's a fair trial....and should not be partisan. After all, if the evidence is presented and the witnesses testify, we get closer to the truth and Trump has a real defense.

Old 05-29-2019, 09:20 AM

10,531 posts, read 6,165,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
"If we had confidence that the President did not commit a crime we would have said so."

Special Counsel Mueller

So in summary, let's just cut the BS and decipher:

The department of justice cannot charge a sitting President therefore Congress needs to get on and charge this President for his crimes.

Old 05-29-2019, 09:21 AM

3,930 posts, read 2,097,931 times
Wow.
He made it clear the President was NOT cleared and that he did have the power to say so if that was the case.

He did NOT have the option of charging the President with a crime.

This is NOT good nor does it clear the President.

52,697 posts, read 34,555,075 times
take home message:

" Mueller says he would not go beyond anything in his report on the Russia probe if he appears before Congress"

2,561 posts, read 2,182,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by illtaketwoplease View Post
I think this is a prelude to the IG report coming out that is going to totally crush dems & the deep state.
I think you misheard Mueller's statement.

20,955 posts, read 8,674,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
Evidence to prove a negative? I didn't kill that guy who was running in the park last Tuesday, but I can't prove it.
No, this is.......

A guy was running in the park last week - caught on camera and by witnesses and other means.

BUT, I am the FBI and DOJ and only the city police are allowed to charge the Jogger
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies