Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-06-2019, 06:41 AM

9,718 posts, read 14,254,577 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
How much is that little excursion to yet another golf course costing the taxpayers?

The cost of limos is already near a million dollars!

“The White House reportedly paid nearly $1 million to rent four limousines from an Irish funeral home for President Trump’s two-day visit to Ireland.”

https://thehill.com/policy/internati...ls-for-two-day

Other estimates here:

“The accommodation and transport bill for President Donald Trump's U.K. state visit will hit $3.5 million, it has been reported.”

https://www.newsweek.com/trump-uk-vi...s-emir-1442077

But Obama...
We pay President Trump no salary for him to work for us in making America Great Again (and he's doing it every day). Quit whining and get a pacifier.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2019, 06:43 AM

15,523 posts, read 10,489,155 times
Set my alarm to watch the commemorations, very moving. Seventy-five years ago today they stormed the beaches to free Europe from the evils of Nazi Germany. It's one thing to hear about it in the classroom, or to hear family stories, but today brought it closer. Special day indeed.

Old 06-06-2019, 06:48 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,274,165 times
To have a draft dodging coward such as trump praising the heros of world war 2 seems very disrespectfull to those who willingly served thier countries when all he did when called to serve was chicken out.

Old 06-06-2019, 06:48 AM

26,272 posts, read 8,424,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
Set my alarm to watch the commemorations, very moving. Seventy-five years ago today they stormed the beaches to free Europe from the evils of Nazi Germany. It's one thing to hear about it in the classroom, or to hear family stories, but today brought it closer. Special day indeed.
Yes, it has been very emotional, especially the old soldiers themselves talking of D-Day, and how it affected them personally. To see these very old men shedding tears at the memory of that day, choked me up. We must never forget their sacrifice.

Old 06-06-2019, 06:57 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,501,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
To have a draft dodging coward such as trump praising the heros of world war 2 seems very disrespectfull to those who willingly served thier countries when all he did when called to serve was chicken out.
Did you serve? Please share your story with us.

Old 06-06-2019, 07:06 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,274,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Wahine View Post
Did you serve? Please share your story with us.
As i wasnt an American resident when the draft was happening i never got the call to serve, Did you serve? if so what do you think of trump using his priviledge to duck out of his call to service.

Old 06-06-2019, 07:12 AM

8,196 posts, read 2,841,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdlr View Post
^^^^^^ (Translation) ..... Sob, Sob, darn it....I wish that Trump wasn't having such a successful trip .....wish he hadn't won the Presidency .....wish Obama was back..... Oh, my Sob, Sob,........Let me go back to my corner and sulk.......anybody have a blanket for me?
This should send them over the top.

Be sure to scroll to the second video.

https://twitter.com/QWarrior1917/sta...89456824090625

Old 06-06-2019, 07:28 AM

8,060 posts, read 3,941,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natnasci View Post
It may come as a shock to you, but the Royal family cares a little bit less about protocol, than substance.
The Queen is a gem... it was very sweet of her to cover for Michelle's faux pas.

Old 06-06-2019, 07:29 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,449,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdlr View Post
We pay President Trump no salary for him to work for us ...
We do pay him a salary.

If he chooses to donate it that's fine, but we do pay him. He also secured for himself a tax cut of millions of dollars, so he certainly has reaped the benefits of his position.

Whether he chooses to keep the salary we pay him or not, Trump is accountable to the people of the United States and responsible to keep his oath of office. He works for us.

"I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my Ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States."

Measured by this alone, Trump is a failure. Trump betrays his oath of office.

Old 06-06-2019, 07:32 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,501,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
i wasnt an American resident when the draft was happening i never got the call to serve
How convenient for you. A built-in excuse to rag on the service (or non-service) of others with impunity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies