U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2019, 08:49 AM

8,965 posts, read 4,103,404 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHenriques1147 View Post
Democrat's best bet is to hope for a recession to hit a la 2008.
This is my biggest fear for personal reasons, but it looks like it's about to happen.

Trump may lose, but we all will be suffering from the recession brought on by his disastrous policies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2019, 08:51 AM

51,901 posts, read 41,783,059 times
Let's review:

-CNN is a for-profit corporation.
-They need ratings to make those profits.
-This story, as meaningless as it is, generates interest from a lot of easily excitable people.

So in short, it's low-level trolling for ratings. *shrug*

Old 06-06-2019, 08:52 AM

13,650 posts, read 8,565,244 times
Trump is running against 23&Me other candidates. They will chew each other up until there is a clear winner. If that winner is not Bernie, then Bernie may run anyway.
If Trump can take the few states that really matter he will win.
Approval among likely voters - which is the only poll that counts for anything - is at 50%, with 49% disapproving.
I disapprove, but I will vote for him anyway because he is not a Democrat.

Old 06-06-2019, 08:57 AM

6,995 posts, read 4,959,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neko_mimi View Post
Even CNN has to admit that none of the clown-car candidates on the left are expected to beat President Trump. I'm sure many on this forum will remain in denial though.

CNN Poll: Rising share expect Trump to win in 2020
I'm no fan of CNN because they are all talk-show and biased panels, but when they report the news, they generally get it right (not to be confused with all the crap they say when it's not news, which is often off base).

To manipulate a quote you Trump Supporters like to say: Even a working clock will tell you the time you want to hear twice a day....

For the record, I think Trump has the best shot right now. He won't get my vote, but it's his election to lose. On the bright side, if he wins, it's what is expected, if he loses, it's loud and clear that the American people reject his unAmerican agenda. Of course, if he loses, he, and his base will cry about it, and say it was rigged, but people by and large are tired of that crying, and generally tune it out. Either way, he'll be a fading stain on our history, starting in either 2 or 6 years. Let the healing begin.

Old 06-06-2019, 08:59 AM

11,677 posts, read 3,192,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
Trump is running against 23&Me other candidates. They will chew each other up until there is a clear winner. If that winner is not Bernie, then Bernie may run anyway.
If Trump can take the few states that really matter he will win.
Approval among likely voters - which is the only poll that counts for anything - is at 50%, with 49% disapproving.
I disapprove, but I will vote for him anyway because he is not a Democrat.

Old 06-06-2019, 09:00 AM

6,883 posts, read 2,521,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
George H.W. Bush's poll numbers were up int he 80% range if I recall correctly a year or two before the election.

He lost.
You do not recall correctly.

GHWB's polling never broke 40% in the entire year leading up to Nov 1992. He average 37% in his reelection year. And he ended up getting almost exactly that much of the vote.

Old 06-06-2019, 09:01 AM

271 posts, read 35,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost
Let the healing begin.

This is a statement that makes me laugh. Except MAYBE mayor Pete who has cross-appeal that would make him almost the perfect candidate (but for being gay - bad for conservatives - and white and male - bad for the liberal base).... aint a damned Democrat running that will "heal the country."

Whether Trump wins or loses in 2020, the country isn't "Healing" under Warren. Or Harris. Or even Biden. The cultural rift is too much. Too many on the right see Democrats as anti-American and anti-white.

Old 06-06-2019, 09:03 AM

5,429 posts, read 1,543,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
George H.W. Bush's poll numbers were up int he 80% range if I recall correctly a year or two before the election.

He lost.
Bill Clinton's rise was abnormal.

Old 06-06-2019, 09:04 AM

51,901 posts, read 41,783,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
I'm no fan of CNN because they are all talk-show and biased panels, but when they report the news, they generally get it right (not to be confused with all the crap they say when it's not news, which is often off base).

To manipulate a quote you Trump Supporters like to say: Even a working clock will tell you the time you want to hear twice a day....

For the record, I think Trump has the best shot right now. He won't get my vote, but it's his election to lose. On the bright side, if he wins, it's what is expected, if he loses, it's loud and clear that the American people reject his unAmerican agenda. Of course, if he loses, he, and his base will cry about it, and say it was rigged, but people by and large are tired of that crying, and generally tune it out. Either way, he'll be a fading stain on our history, starting in either 2 or 6 years. Let the healing begin.
Whomever loses we'll hear crying that it was rigged. Been hearing it for 20 years, with either "Diebold", "illegals", "Russian hacking", ballot stuffing etc. all being a load of whining bull poop with regards to materially impacting the presidential election.

Old 06-06-2019, 09:04 AM

18,927 posts, read 6,856,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AHenriques1147 View Post
This is a statement that makes me laugh. Except MAYBE mayor Pete who has cross-appeal that would make him almost the perfect candidate (but for being gay - bad for conservatives - and white and male - bad for the liberal base).... aint a damned Democrat running that will "heal the country."

Whether Trump wins or loses in 2020, the country isn't "Healing" under Warren. Or Harris. Or even Biden. The cultural rift is too much. Too many on the right see Democrats as anti-American and anti-white.
That's what watching too much FoxNews and InfoWars leads to
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or