U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2019, 11:21 AM

17,709 posts, read 8,863,537 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Will he be traveling on a solar powered private jet?
His multiple 15,000 square foot homes, caravans of large SUV's and private jets are ALL wind powered.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2019, 12:10 PM

5,176 posts, read 2,819,009 times
Quote:
Climate change is real.

AGW, and the idea the climate is static, is the hoax.
It's going to take a strong scientific education push to rid our populace of this absurd denialism.

Old 06-06-2019, 12:24 PM

4,946 posts, read 2,969,007 times
Quote:
Climate change is real.

AGW, and the idea the climate is static, is the hoax.
Said no scientist ever..

Old 06-06-2019, 12:38 PM

28,469 posts, read 15,441,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
It's going to take a strong scientific education push to rid our populace of this absurd denialism.
Why do you need a scientific education push for this?

I'm not asking this because I am afraid of a scientific discussion. At times, I will initiate the science aspect of this in order to expose that it really doesn't make sense once you dig into it.

I am asking because if this is so obvious, you won't need a scientific education to observe what is taking place. Al Gore wouldn't burn through electricity because he would know he is accelerating the problem. He also wouldn't purchase a beachfront home in California to be in harm's way and burn even more energy.

He slaps on some solar tiles to say look at me... I am walking the walk - but not really.

Here's the other thing. People point to weather events and say it's AGW and climate change. That's observation. You observe weather and make an hypothesis that it's AGW (see - I am bringing the scientific method into the discussion ). So why can't I make observations and make an opposite hypothesis without being called a denier of science - which I am not? (I am a denier of fake science FYI)

You don't need a huge scientific education to grunt AGW every time there's a wildfire in California, or Minnesota gets above 95 degF, or polar ice melts in the summer (Arctic) or winter (Antarctica).

Why do I need a science degree to note that the oceans are not rising? Or that it snowed last week in California? Or Victoria, Texas (south Texas) gets foot of snow every few years? And because of those observations, AGW is false?

Old 06-06-2019, 12:43 PM

29,424 posts, read 15,431,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
Nothing will stop liberals from believing the climate is supposed to be stagnant.

Old 06-06-2019, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Why do you need a scientific education push for this?

I'm not asking this because I am afraid of a scientific discussion. At times, I will initiate the science aspect of this in order to expose that it really doesn't make sense once you dig into it.

I am asking because if this is so obvious, you won't need a scientific education to observe what is taking place. Al Gore wouldn't burn through electricity because he would know he is accelerating the problem. He also wouldn't purchase a beachfront home in California to be in harm's way and burn even more energy.

He slaps on some solar tiles to say look at me... I am walking the walk - but not really.

Here's the other thing. People point to weather events and say it's AGW and climate change. That's observation. You observe weather and make an hypothesis that it's AGW (see - I am bringing the scientific method into the discussion). So why can't I make observations and make an opposite hypothesis without being called a denier of science - which I am not? (I am a denier of fake science FYI)

You don't need a huge scientific education to grunt AGW every time there's a wildfire in California, or Minnesota gets above 95 degF, or polar ice melts in the summer (Arctic) or winter (Antarctica).

Why do I need a science degree to note that the oceans are not rising? Or that it snowed last week in California? Or Victoria, Texas (south Texas) gets foot of snow every few years? And because of those observations, AGW is false?
Science is the study and observation over the years. They see patterns and either see in increase or decline in certain events.

So weather is just small changes each day. Climate is the pattern of these changes.

So it takes someone dedicated to studying these things to truely understand. Over bert who just walks outside, says its cold today and goes back to watching football with a Coors..

Old 06-06-2019, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Nothing will stop liberals from believing the climate is supposed to be stagnant.
No one ever said that..

Old 06-06-2019, 12:46 PM

29,424 posts, read 15,431,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicano3000X View Post
Said no scientist ever..
Whenever there is a slight change in WEATHER, liberals freak out and believe the climate is changing.

Not only do they confuse weather and climate, but they act like CO2 levels have never been higher, when in fact, many dinosaurs saw much higher levels.

Old 06-06-2019, 12:47 PM

9,942 posts, read 8,077,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
And that's just a drop in the bucket when you look at Al's large private plane he flys around in to preach the dangers of burning carbon emissions.
LOL was thinking the same thing. Bet he did not fly commercial.

Old 06-06-2019, 12:48 PM

2,318 posts, read 945,198 times
Man bear pig!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies