U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 06-12-2019, 02:39 PM
 
50,496 posts, read 26,677,010 times
Reputation: 15773

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pgh guy View Post
Of course not. And I do know that SA was under a lot of pressure from around the globe.
Then whatís your point?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-12-2019, 04:38 PM
 
9,280 posts, read 4,270,448 times
Reputation: 11026
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Nah. This is an internal matter for SA to figure out. Itís none of our concern.

There are angry minority groups in every country. How many of those disputes should we get involved in?

There are no pressing national interests for the United States in SA, and you canít come up with one.

And if all hell breaks loose, we should do the same thing we did for the situation in Rwanda. Were you for interfering there?

Nope.
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Of course you get why this is.

No one felt as if the United States had a role to play in Rwanda, but they feel we have a role in SA.

You tell me what the difference is.
Simple, because we along with much of Europe interfered with SA to get their form of government to relinquish power, and go along with a black run government.
It worked for a while when moderates like Mandela and Tutu had influence and everything was based on reconciliation.
Now it has devolved into radicals looking for payback/revenge based on racism.
Thus when injustice was going on to blacks in SA, many people around the world got involved. I suspect people like yourself who had no connection to SA wanted to see the Afrikaner government fall, and was happy we used pressure to make it happen.
Right?
Yet now that blacks are in charge discriminating and harming whites, you say hands off.

See the dichotomy and likely hypocrisy?



Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
I still don't get why some people seem to feel that it is the job of the USA to involve themselves in SA. We have a UN. It's their job.
Read above regarding how we helped to create the current mess.

Additionally, "we" do not have the UN, as it is an independent mishmash of leftists who are feckless eunuchs.
Also I do not see them getting involved to whatever extent they might.
Do you?

I certainly do not think we should involve our boys militarily, but we should do at least the same as we did to stop apartheid.
I don't get why some people seem to feel otherwise.


`
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-12-2019, 04:39 PM
 
4,069 posts, read 1,551,316 times
Reputation: 7404
FYI - Joe Biden's son Hunter just married a hottie from South Africa.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-12-2019, 04:45 PM
 
9,280 posts, read 4,270,448 times
Reputation: 11026
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye77 View Post
FYI - Joe Biden's son Hunter just married a hottie from South Africa.
This post is worthless without pics.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-12-2019, 05:03 PM
 
4,069 posts, read 1,551,316 times
Reputation: 7404
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
This post is worthless without pics.
Sorry. What was I thinking??

https://www.tmz.com/2019/06/12/joe-b...ried-marriage/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-12-2019, 05:37 PM
 
50,496 posts, read 26,677,010 times
Reputation: 15773
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
Simple, because we along with much of Europe interfered with SA to get their form of government to relinquish power, and go along with a black run government.
It worked for a while when moderates like Mandela and Tutu had influence and everything was based on reconciliation.
Now it has devolved into radicals looking for payback/revenge based on racism.
Thus when injustice was going on to blacks in SA, many people around the world got involved. I suspect people like yourself who had no connection to SA wanted to see the Afrikaner government fall, and was happy we used pressure to make it happen.
Right?
Yet now that blacks are in charge discriminating and harming whites, you say hands off.

See the dichotomy and likely hypocris


`
I answered this nonsense already and clearly illustrated why it’s silly.

The United States was only one of MANY nations that pressured SA. We don’t bear the blame for them abandoning apartheid.

Again, we’ve pressured many countries into acts that ruined their nation and disrespected their sovereignty. What do we owe Chile, Guatemala, El Salvador, Iran or Indonesia for for American applied pressure that wrecked their governments and citizen’s well being? Not to mention the cause of millions of deaths. Our actions on Indonesia alone should embarrass you, but they aren’t white so it doesn’t.

Nothing! Right? So the same principle applies here. SA is simply unfortunate, and that’s just too bad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-12-2019, 11:25 PM
 
9,280 posts, read 4,270,448 times
Reputation: 11026
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
I answered this nonsense already and clearly illustrated why itís silly.

The United States was only one of MANY nations that pressured SA. We donít bear the blame for them abandoning apartheid.

Again, weíve pressured many countries into acts that ruined their nation and disrespected their sovereignty. What do we owe Chile, Guatemala, El Salvador, Iran or Indonesia for for American applied pressure that wrecked their governments and citizenís well being? Not to mention the cause of millions of deaths. Our actions on Indonesia alone should embarrass you, but they arenít white so it doesnít.

Nothing! Right? So the same principle applies here. SA is simply unfortunate, and thatís just too bad.


Don't be obtuse, as the USA is not just another country, we are the big boys on the block. Had we not been at the front demanding change in SA, it might not have come about.

Sadly you are far too warped in your view due to the massive racial chip on your shoulder, and assume others are just as bad or worse. If I thought apartheid was wrong, and we should bring pressure to bear to stop it, you likely wouldn't take issue with it.
But since I think what is happening now is wrong, you assume I feel that way because whites are the victims.

When attempted genocide was going on with the Tutsi, I was sickened not only by the indiscriminate killing, but images of essentially children with machetes hacking fellow human beings to death was especially appalling.
It mattered not that they were all black killing each other, it was the inhumanity and butchering of others just because they were from another tribe.

I just wonder why you are so indifferent. Maybe it is because the victims are white, not black?
See how that works.


`
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-12-2019, 11:34 PM
 
2,070 posts, read 2,148,691 times
Reputation: 1975
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
Many naive bleeding heart liberals who fancy themselves as PC-SJW's. In many of their minds, white people are racist and evil, while minorities are peaceful, oppressed and benevolent.

The funny yet sad thing is many of those same SJW's, are white themselves.


`
There is no difference between a leftist who is babbling about "the evil white man" and a person who took a bunch of drugs and is muttering and drooling in a incoherent manner. These people are crazy. They are literally crazy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-13-2019, 01:04 AM
 
50,496 posts, read 26,677,010 times
Reputation: 15773
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post


Don't be obtuse, as the USA is not just another country, we are the big boys on the block. Had we not been at the front demanding change in SA, it might not have come about.

Sadly you are far too warped in your view due to the massive racial chip on your shoulder, and assume others are just as bad or worse. If I thought apartheid was wrong, and we should bring pressure to bear to stop it, you likely wouldn't take issue with it.
But since I think what is happening now is wrong, you assume I feel that way because whites are the victims.

When attempted genocide was going on with the Tutsi, I was sickened not only by the indiscriminate killing, but images of essentially children with machetes hacking fellow human beings to death was especially appalling.
It mattered not that they were all black killing each other, it was the inhumanity and butchering of others just because they were from another tribe.

I just wonder why you are so indifferent. Maybe it is because the victims are white, not black?
See how that works.
`
Itís a mere convenience that youíre claiming to care about what happened in Rwanda. Itís simply not believable.

In any case, letís say that US pressure was the predominant prime mover in making SA ditch apartheid. So what? Are you then saying that in hindsight, we shouldíve promoted apartheid? Please elucidate so we can understand where youíre coming from here. What was the position of the United States supposed to be?

But again, youíre missing the crux of my point. The United States has caused untold misery in many places with the pressure theyíve put on nation states. What do we owe Iran? What do we owe Guatemala? What do we owe The Congo? They were DIRECTLY wronged by American pressure. All those nations are in front of the line for some sort of aggrieved dispensation if any is to be given out. Why should SA leap over those nations?

I know and you know why youíre pushing this line...whites are being wronged and it shouldnít be that way in your world. I get it and I donít blame you per se. We live on a planet where whites are rarely on the other end of the gun, and it churns the stomach of whites to see the rabbit holding the firearm.

There is no role for us to play here. The UN can intervene. Thatís what we pay dues for.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-13-2019, 06:33 AM
 
4,069 posts, read 1,551,316 times
Reputation: 7404
Let's use the UN to make a deal with the SA "government" - we (US, Canada, Australia, Russia, etc) will gladly accept any white SA citizens who wish to immigrate, give them full citizenship immediately, provide housing, health care, etc. In return, we will send an equal number of our black welfare recipients to SA. Have full ships (or planes) both ways. Win - win.

p.s. - as I predicted way back on the first page, post #10, the usual race baiters have shown up to tell us why it is totally okay with them for the killing of white farmers to continue. In fact, the killing is encouraged
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top