U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-13-2019, 07:53 AM

9,277 posts, read 4,270,448 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Itís a mere convenience that youíre claiming to care about what happened in Rwanda. Itís simply not believable.

In any case, letís say that US pressure was the predominant prime mover in making SA ditch apartheid. So what? Are you then saying that in hindsight, we shouldíve promoted apartheid? Please elucidate so we can understand where youíre coming from here. What was the position of the United States supposed to be?

But again, youíre missing the crux of my point. The United States has caused untold misery in many places with the pressure theyíve put on nation states. What do we owe Iran? What do we owe Guatemala? What do we owe The Congo? They were DIRECTLY wronged by American pressure. All those nations are in front of the line for some sort of aggrieved dispensation if any is to be given out. Why should SA leap over those nations?

I know and you know why youíre pushing this line...whites are being wronged and it shouldnít be that way in your world. I get it and I donít blame you per se. We live on a planet where whites are rarely on the other end of the gun, and it churns the stomach of whites to see the rabbit holding the firearm.

There is no role for us to play here. The UN can intervene. Thatís what we pay dues for.
Iran? Really?
For starters I might not agree with you on the wrong we have done certain nation states.

Maybe you have me mixed up with another poster, because I have never said anything that would lead someone to believe I wouldn't care about innocent people being slaughtered.
While we cannot be the worlds policemen, we should try to help keep such massacres from happening in general.
In particular when we have had a hand in causing what led up to the problem in the first place.

A perfect example from the recent past was when Obama & Co inexplicably decided to help depose Hosni Mubarak from leadership in Egypt.
He was one of our best allies in the Arab world, moderate by many Muslim dictators standards, and at least willing to work toward a more peaceful solution regarding Israel and the Palestinians. I don't say he was perfect, but when compared to others like Saddam and Assad, he was a moderate who could be trusted. Instead we throw him under the bus, and the next thing you know the Muslim Brotherhood comes to power.
Sure enough they started doing ethnic and religious cleansing, laying waste to innocent Coptic Christians and the like.
So I felt we had a duty to try and help clean up the mess we put into motion.

News Flash - The aforementioned victims were not white, so your claim of me caring only when it would involve white people falls on deaf ears.

Your problem if we can call it that, is you are so wound up in racial identity (and likely your own racist thoughts), you assume everyone else thinks like you.
I am reminded of a syndicated columnist, Leanord Pitts Jr. who never sees anything, and I mean anything, expect through a racial lens.
Every time I see one of his columns I know it will be race related, and involving the plight of blacks at the hands of whites.
What he and those like him fail to realize is that when everything is about racism, then nothing is about racism.
He is a one trick pony and consumed with his own psychosis. I cannot imagine living like that, yet you remind me of him with your posts, assuming the worse from a racial view, even when it is not in evidence.

`
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2019, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye77 View Post
Let's use the UN to make a deal with the SA "government" - we (US, Canada, Australia, Russia, etc) will gladly accept any white SA citizens who wish to immigrate, give them full citizenship immediately, provide housing, health care, etc. In return, we will send an equal number of our black welfare recipients to SA. Have full ships (or planes) both ways. Win - win.

p.s. - as I predicted way back on the first page, post #10, the usual race baiters have shown up to tell us why it is totally okay with them for the killing of white farmers to continue. In fact, the killing is encouraged

Why should we take the SA's when most of them are from Dutch ancestry?
Granted if we were to allow asylum to anyone, it is typically from nations where lives would otherwise be lost due to violence or starvation. While many from Central America want to flee poverty, most are not in as much danger as the SA's are.
Frankly I am surprised the Dutch are not doing more to help, but then again I am not sure what their stance on apartheid was back in the day.
So they may not have a hand in ending the Afrikaner government.

As to taking American citizens and shipping them to SA, you must be saying that tongue in cheek. Blacks in America would have no more in common with SA blacks from a cultural, education, religious, etc., standpoint.
Just because someone is poor, even if by choice, they are still American citizens, so your suggestion if not a joke, is absurd.

`

Old 06-13-2019, 08:55 AM

50,479 posts, read 26,667,876 times
Quote:
Let's use the UN to make a deal with the SA "government" - we (US, Canada, Australia, Russia, etc) will gladly accept any white SA citizens who wish to immigrate, give them full citizenship immediately, provide housing, health care, etc. In return, we will send an equal number of our black welfare recipients to SA. Have full ships (or planes) both ways. Win - win.

p.s. - as I predicted way back on the first page, post #10, the usual race baiters have shown up to tell us why it is totally okay with them for the killing of white farmers to continue. In fact, the killing is encouraged
Mmmmmm...sure. I like that idea, but for different reasons.

Tell you what...lemme know when you wanna do this. I’ll quit my job immediately and go on welfare intentionally. And I want YOU personally to show up to my house to deport me to SA with your team of deporters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
Iran? Really?
For starters I might not agree with you on the wrong we have done certain nation states.

Maybe you have me mixed up with another poster, because I have never said anything that would lead someone to believe I wouldn't care about innocent people being slaughtered.
While we cannot be the worlds policemen, we should try to help keep such massacres from happening in general.
In particular when we have had a hand in causing what led up to the problem in the first place.

A perfect example from the recent past was when Obama & Co inexplicably decided to help depose Hosni Mubarak from leadership in Egypt.
He was one of our best allies in the Arab world, moderate by many Muslim dictators standards, and at least willing to work toward a more peaceful solution regarding Israel and the Palestinians. I don't say he was perfect, but when compared to others like Saddam and Assad, he was a moderate who could be trusted. Instead we throw him under the bus, and the next thing you know the Muslim Brotherhood comes to power.
Sure enough they started doing ethnic and religious cleansing, laying waste to innocent Coptic Christians and the like.
So I felt we had a duty to try and help clean up the mess we put into motion.

News Flash - The aforementioned victims were not white, so your claim of me caring only when it would involve white people falls on deaf ears.

Your problem if we can call it that, is you are so wound up in racial identity (and likely your own racist thoughts), you assume everyone else thinks like you.
I am reminded of a syndicated columnist, Leanord Pitts Jr. who never sees anything, and I mean anything, expect through a racial lens.
Every time I see one of his columns I know it will be race related, and involving the plight of blacks at the hands of whites.
What he and those like him fail to realize is that when everything is about racism, then nothing is about racism.
He is a one trick pony and consumed with his own psychosis. I cannot imagine living like that, yet you remind me of him with your posts, assuming the worse from a racial view, even when it is not in evidence.

`
Yeah, the whole “when everything is about racism” thing is kinda trite right now. I know what that’s all about.

BTW...uhhh...disagree with me on the wrongs we did to Iran and other nation states? If you disagree with the facts, particularly in those cases, then you’re just a nihilist. In Iran alone, our actions were remarkably craven and unjustifiable. If someone had did that to your country, you’d be enraged.

BTW...the quoted poster above you helps prove my point. At least he’s an honest Conservative though.

Last edited by CaseyB; 06-13-2019 at 09:38 AM.. Reason: inappropriate

Old 06-13-2019, 09:05 AM

4,067 posts, read 1,551,316 times
Lotsa tough talk on here by the usual keyboard kommandos - in my solution, no one has to go anywhere they don't want to go. It is all voluntary. Per a UN resolution, SA farmers would be welcomed with open arms wherever they wish to go. And the folks leaving the US (or other countries) to go to SA would volunteer. My apologies for not making that clear. Given the terrible conditions for POC here in the US, we certainly would have plenty of folks signing up. This is all a humanitarian effort. Not sure how anyone could oppose it.

Old 06-13-2019, 11:19 AM

50,479 posts, read 26,667,876 times
Quote:
Lotsa tough talk on here by the usual keyboard kommandos - in my solution, no one has to go anywhere they don't want to go. It is all voluntary. Per a UN resolution, SA farmers would be welcomed with open arms wherever they wish to go. And the folks leaving the US (or other countries) to go to SA would volunteer. My apologies for not making that clear. Given the terrible conditions for POC here in the US, we certainly would have plenty of folks signing up. This is all a humanitarian effort. Not sure how anyone could oppose it.
Yeah, glad you cleared that up although itíd be a lot more fun (for me) if you were talking about forcing people to leave.

In any case, no one is leaving, and no one is coming here from SA. Ever.

Old 06-13-2019, 12:50 PM

Quote:

Yeah, the whole ďwhen everything is about racismĒ thing is kinda trite right now. I know what thatís all about.

BTW...uhhh...disagree with me on the wrongs we did to Iran and other nation states? If you disagree with the facts, particularly in those cases, then youíre just a nihilist. In Iran alone, our actions were remarkably craven and unjustifiable. If someone had did that to your country, youíd be enraged.

BTW...the quoted poster above you helps prove my point. At least heís an honest Conservative though.
Wait, what

How does the poster above (presumably Buckeye77) have anything to do with me
Worse, why do you consider him honest, implying I am not

As to knowing "what that is all about", I use that for other things having nothing to do with race. For example, when Bill Maher did a show complaining about Democrats saying "if everything was Armageddon, then nothing was Armageddon", he sounded exactly like what I had said a few week before, when Pelosi kept on say the term over everything related to Trump, big and small.

I do not even know how much if at all we disagree about Iran, as you did not give a time parameter, so you could be going back pre-Shaw or after.
Regardless this is not a discussion about anything other than SA with the theft of land, violence and murders being based on race.
Use comparative analogies all you like (I use the same methods to get my point across at times), but lets not get into the weeds regarding other countries.

BTW - You never addressed my point/question regarding how you felt about America getting involved to bring down the Afrikaner government?

`

Old 06-13-2019, 12:53 PM

4,067 posts, read 1,551,316 times
This article is from Newsweek, dated 3/1/18

https://www.newsweek.com/thousands-s...migrate-826126

Last edited by Buckeye77; 06-13-2019 at 01:03 PM..

Old 06-13-2019, 12:54 PM

10,983 posts, read 2,726,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
South Africa will turn into Zimbawe soon.

In Rhodesia, the black majority confiscated land and ejected most of the white farmers. The net result was turning one of the richest nations in Africa to one of the poorest.

The same thing will happen in South Africa. The US could currently object to the killing of white farmers, but it is going to happen regardless of what we say. Both Zimbawe and South Africa will be prime areas for Chinese "investment", in which they end up owning most of the valuable assets.

The Chinese do not have the same qualms about colonialism that we, and most of the western European nations, now hold. Thus, they will end up owning a good chunk of Africa and its resources.

I totally agree - this will not end well for South Africa.

Old 06-13-2019, 12:56 PM

1,352 posts, read 689,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
I totally agree - this will not end well for South Africa.
They're a "rainbow" country, everything's absolutely fine there.

Old 06-13-2019, 01:20 PM

26,542 posts, read 19,016,439 times
Quote:
If I ever sputter, Iíll commit suicide. You already know that ainít gonna happen...EVER.
naw, you'll just keep on sputtering.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies