Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-29-2019, 04:13 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,189,362 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
Well it is not only "your people" who believe in God, but to black peoples credit they have been strong Christians throughout their history in America.
I am sure you can see where faith helped get them through some of their darkest moments.

As to the Catholic Church, even if something turned you off about it, they are but one denomination. I myself have gone to many churches over the years with friends and family. Sure the traditions or ceremonies might differ, but the belief in God and having faith seems universal.

I'd also note that saying your people sounds more like a separatist mentality, which is hopefully not your belief system.
I consider all American citizens in this country my people, as we all live together in this wonderful society. The plight of everyone, regardless of race/religion should concern us all, not just those with whom we look most like.

That said, do you not have any empathy with those in SA that are being killed or run off their family land?
`
It’s not the Catholic Church. It’s Christianity period. You and I both know the origins of how African Americans became Christians. So why would I believe in it?

Empathy? I have empathy for anyone suffering injustice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2019, 04:17 PM

9,372 posts, read 6,973,951 times
I won't pretend to know anything about South African politics and the racial components of crime and economics there.

Old 06-29-2019, 04:55 PM

22,661 posts, read 24,589,306 times
Much deserved payback in the minds of some..............just like a Orenthal getting away with a double-murder via jury-nullification, or the Haitian-Purge, or that little White boy being sent flying down to the mall floor.

Old 06-29-2019, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
Much deserved payback in the minds of some..............just like a Orenthal getting away with a double-murder via jury-nullification, or the Haitian-Purge, or that little White boy being sent flying down to the mall floor.
Jury nullification has a LONG history in this country. Didn’t start with Orenthal.

Old 06-29-2019, 07:13 PM

1,850 posts, read 1,138,158 times
[quote=Pgh guy;55542653]
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
A lot has been done to help SA, But it looks as if they refuse to help themselves.
This x1000%. But don't hold your breath.

Old 06-30-2019, 01:38 AM

16,580 posts, read 8,600,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
Unless I missed something, I don't think the black guy picked his target based on race, rather evil insanity. He had a history of mental illness if I recall correctly, and far too many warning signs and crimes to be walking the streets. People like that need to be involuntarily committed to mental health facilities, as that is the only chance they have of getting better.
Otherwise they will be walking among us, ready to blow at any moment.

As to your overall comment, I suspect there are some who think revenge or retribution is the answer, but those are the hateful, not the ones who want to forge a positive future for their country.
Sadly a couple of the political parties in SA are openly calling for whites to be removed/harmed, yet little is being done to try and prevent the racism from getting worse.
Unlike when there was worldwide condemnation of racism against blacks in SA, the media seems indifferent to black racism perpetrated against whites.

`

Old 07-02-2019, 03:10 PM

Quote:
It’s not the Catholic Church. It’s Christianity period. You and I both know the origins of how African Americans became Christians. So why would I believe in it?

Empathy? I have empathy for anyone suffering injustice.
Why wouldn't you considering the majority of blacks in this country are Christian.

That seems like a useless windmill to rail against.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5etZWua2UQk

As to empathy, you seem indifferent to what is happening to the whites in SA today. So unless you feel they somehow deserve it, why not say so

`

Old 07-02-2019, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
Why wouldn't you considering the majority of blacks in this country are Christian.

That seems like a useless windmill to rail against.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5etZWua2UQk

As to empathy, you seem indifferent to what is happening to the whites in SA today. So unless you feel they somehow deserve it, why not say so

`
Why should I care what a “majority of blacks” believe? A majority of blacks are Democrats too. You sure as hell don’t find that to be sensible, do you? But I should be a Christian because a majority of blacks believe in Jesus? That’s odd. So I should “think for myself” (as you white conservatives like to taunt) when it comes to politics, but religion? Oh no...don’t think for yourself on that one. Follow the crowd. Because we white folks indoctrinated that one into your people to keep you docile so of course it’s good for you! Sorry, I don’t accept a non Sub Saharan African as my savior. How do I look worshipping a Jewish savior with blonde hair and blue eyes? You white folks sure as hell don’t worship a black deity. And taking the religion of the people that enslaved and tormented you is the height of absurdity. Whites don’t do that, do they?

And this is exactly the stuff I was talking about when my father told to to watch our for your deceptive trickery. LMAO...I’m too good to fall for it though.

As I said before, I have empathy for anyone suffering injustice regardless of race. And blacks imposing injustice on whites infuriates me just as much as any other form of injustice.

My problem is in the case of SA, I don’t know how much I believe regarding this situation. Secondly, people’s all over the world have been DIRECTLY wronged by the United States, and we’ve yet to atone for those actions. So why should SA be at the head of the line? We have nations right in this hemisphere that we’ve committed horrible atrocities against. I see no reason why SA should be prioritized ahead of Guatemala or Nicaragua.

Old 07-02-2019, 08:53 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,592,007 times
Quote:
Why should I care what a “majority of blacks” believe? A majority of blacks are Democrats too. You sure as hell don’t find that to be sensible, do you? But I should be a Christian because a majority of blacks believe in Jesus? That’s odd. So I should “think for myself” (as you white conservatives like to taunt) when it comes to politics, but religion? Oh no...don’t think for yourself on that one. Follow the crowd. Because we white folks indoctrinated that one into your people to keep you docile so of course it’s good for you! Sorry, I don’t accept a non Sub Saharan African as my savior. How do I look worshipping a Jewish savior with blonde hair and blue eyes? You white folks sure as hell don’t worship a black deity. And taking the religion of the people that enslaved and tormented you is the height of absurdity. Whites don’t do that, do they?

And this is exactly the stuff I was talking about when my father told to to watch our for your deceptive trickery. LMAO...I’m too good to fall for it though.

As I said before, I have empathy for anyone suffering injustice regardless of race. And blacks imposing injustice on whites infuriates me just as much as any other form of injustice.

My problem is in the case of SA, I don’t know how much I believe regarding this situation. Secondly, people’s all over the world have been DIRECTLY wronged by the United States, and we’ve yet to atone for those actions. So why should SA be at the head of the line? We have nations right in this hemisphere that we’ve committed horrible atrocities against. I see no reason why SA should be prioritized ahead of Guatemala or Nicaragua.
Quote:
Why should I care what a “majority of blacks” believe? A majority of blacks are Democrats too. You sure as hell don’t find that to be sensible, do you? But I should be a Christian because a majority of blacks believe in Jesus? That’s odd. So I should “think for myself” (as you white conservatives like to taunt) when it comes to politics, but religion? Oh no...don’t think for yourself on that one.
A person can not un-know what they know. Just saying ... and as for as a person caring what another person or a majority of peoples believe is only in that a person would want to reach an understanding of their culture and how it developed over time.

It is no secret that Christianity has deep roots in the u.s. as it arrived at its inception; brought to these shores from various parts of the globe. Even though they were few in number, Christianity also arrived here from the African Continent and those who didn't bring it with them, they were introduced to it.

This paper interesting read from a historical perspective:
African Americans and Religion

As well as,
The Truth About Jesus

I believe what Vector 1 is trying to convey is that Christianity has deep roots within the all communities here in the u.s.; historically speaking within the black communities, as well. They found solace within the pages of the Holy Bible. However most, they had to be taught how to read ... and interpretation of the Bible is broad ...

You nor anyone should believe in anything because the majority of peoples within a group believe in something. Speaking for myself, I did not find God in a book, nor in a church, however, one's heart and mind has to come together, and that is all I have to say about that ...

I'm not sure what all this has to do with the SA authorities not wanting to do what needs to do as for as the horrible crimes being committed in SA upon its citizens.
Quote:
You white folks sure as hell don’t worship a black deity.
God hasn't a color. That which is flesh, is flesh and that which is spirit, is spirit ... one can not be as the other ...

Quote:
And taking the religion of the people that enslaved and tormented you is the height of absurdity. Whites don’t do that, do they?
Actually they do ... 3000 year old socially economical construct the Institution of Slavery ... it was there long before Christ and has been with us ever since, just not now socially acceptable means of monetary profit and gains. There is not one alive among us whose (nation/tribe) ancient ancestry escaped bondage which is known as slavery. According to the Bible ---- God ordained it, and so there's that.

Religion and Politics are both man made constructs --- God did not create either, in so much as He created man and man does ... and man does in that it is his choice to do as God gave man a choice and or the ability to make choices, in that He gave man a brain in which to use to think and a conscience in that He may dwell.
Quote:
My problem is in the case of SA, I don’t know how much I believe regarding this situation. Secondly, people’s all over the world have been DIRECTLY wronged by the United States, and we’ve yet to atone for those actions. So why should SA be at the head of the line?
Like you I do not know how much of this to believe, but I do know one thing. The people, [citizens] of SA are on a mission to bring this situation to the attention of the International world stage, so as some one might pay enough attention to it, so as to help put a stop to the murders.

It reminds me of the citizens in China bringing to the International world stage the inhuman killing and eating of dog ... Believe it or not Parliament did [and i read the minutes doc] address that situation.

One can only hope that the killing of farmers in SA will bring about a more constructive conversation by the powers that be in all nations of concern, that there might produce a solution greater than that of just a talk and made mentions, within their hearings and that they may reach out to the SA authorities with a persuasive tone to --- do their jobs in keeping their citizens safe from harm, from those with malice in their hearts and minds.

Evil flourishes with continual growth, when good men do nothing.

Old 07-02-2019, 11:28 PM

Quote:
Why should I care what a “majority of blacks” believe?

A majority of blacks are Democrats too. You sure as hell don’t find that to be sensible, do you?

But I should be a Christian because a majority of blacks believe in Jesus? That’s odd. So I should “think for myself” (as you white conservatives like to taunt) when it comes to politics, but religion? Oh no...don’t think for yourself on that one. Follow the crowd. Because we white folks indoctrinated that one into your people to keep you docile so of course it’s good for you! Sorry, I don’t accept a non Sub Saharan African as my savior. How do I look worshipping a Jewish savior with blonde hair and blue eyes? You white folks sure as hell don’t worship a black deity. And taking the religion of the people that enslaved and tormented you is the height of absurdity. Whites don’t do that, do they?

Calm down kemo sabe, as my goal was not to get you riled up.

More importantly I never said you should become a Christian just because a majority of black people are.
Rather your effort to try and change their faith (based on your thinking that they should not be) was a futile endeavor.

Understood?

As to your 2nd question, you are correct that I certainly do not think blacks should blindly be Democrats.
Here is why.

You might be brainwashed with distrust and maybe even hatred of white people, but you are not a dull knife.
So you should know some of the history of the (D) party, and that of the (R) party.
You therefore must know all the significant black leaders in American history on up to and including MLK were (R's).

Whether it be Fredrick Douglas, who said and I quote, "I recognize the Republican Party as the sheet anchor of the colored mans political hopes, and the arch of his safety".
He lived in a much more perilous time than you or even your Dad, so I think he might have known a little more than either of you.
Fair enough?

The first black Congressmen, Revels and Bruce were both (R's) until the KKK and fellow (D's) put a stop to that right quick, for almost a century.
The 1st black Senator was Brooke, and he was a (R) as well in the 1960's to 70's.

The (Ds) were the ones who tried to keep slavery, formed the KKK, were responsible for Crow, turned dogs and water hoses on peaceful blacks, resisted equality and tried to maintain segregation, etc., etc., etc.
The (R's) fought them tooth & nail creating the XIII, XIV and XV Amendments.
If you are not aware of anything I just posted don't take my word or recollection of history, look it up for yourself.

It wasn't until a cynical racist but savvy (D) president came along, (LBJ) and convinced the sadly gullible black population into thinking the (D's) were on their side, and the (R's) were the bad guys.
But I digress.

I do find it perplexing you are having trouble believing what is happening in SA. You have undoubtedly watched the documentary, read news reports, watched the video clips, etc. posted in this thread.
So unless you think it is all fabricated and X amount of farmers have not been killed or driven off their land, what is it that you are "having trouble believing"?

`
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies