Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2019, 02:22 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,593,334 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post
Civil War ... whether it is about race or rights, is up to the interpreter ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
True and to what level is unknown. I suspect the Afrikaner government could have put down any armed attempt to overthrow them, but it would have been a massacre of nightmare proportions. The world would have rightly condemned them if they were killing thousands up black people with rudimentary weapons against the army/police.

Today the armed forces are controlled by the black run government, and if there was an uprising by the whites, while better armed (an assumption on my part), they would likely not be a match against the current SA army.
Thus they would need to engaged in a guerrilla warfare, in much the same way other insurgents have done.

I suspect the liberal MSM would be more sympathetic toward the black run government, than had it happened the other way around.
But at that point, it might be fair to say a civil war was ensuing, and sadly many people on both sides would needlessly lose their lives.
That is why it is imperative that the world put pressure on SA to help prevent such a potential tragedy.

`
I've hit a pay wall, but you should be able to read this as they give one free read ...

(Letters from South Africa) The Myth of White Genocide Harper's Magazine

One of my take a ways from that article was this person:

Who is Simon Roche?

"Roche rose to international prominence in 2017 during a fund-raising trip to the United States where he promoted the “white genocide” narrative to alt-right and far-right organisations."

When the Black guy (people) was first introduced to the white man (people) they had never seen one before, because of that, they didn't believe they could possess any type of intelligence. Interesting enough though, we've changed in that if man was to meet an Alien from outer space, man's first thought will be they are far more intelligent than we are ...

Racism is an invention ... and a tool used. I don't know when it was invented as I haven't tried to look into it. I just know that word and or any type of definition it might have, did not exist during the Biblical age and I don't believe the word was used in the first of the 1800's ... but it gets used now though. People will throw it against the wall to see if it will stick, when ever there is a conflict between two groups of people who are thought of as being a race, different from each other.

The issue in SA is Boers are being murdered. Depending on the source that either means farmers, or white farmers ... however, make no mistake, it is an attack on an industry.

When I said Civil War ... depending on the source, means "rights" war ... People like Roche are going to make sure it means white on black, or visa versa ...

One day we will wake up (push through the brainwash) and realize we've wasted so much time on hate of each other; all of for stupid political reasons, when in reality we're just people trying to make it in this world, one no different than the other.

Some already know this, that is why the farmers in SA are working together trying to find a way to work through all of this, including the word racism that is being slung at them from all sides, which has nothing to do with being a Boer in SA.

We Speak To Farmers And Farm Workers About Farm Attacks

But the media or the politics are not going to mention them, as it is not advantageous for their voice to be heard, because at the end of the day it isn't the color of our skin that sets us a part, one from another, but that which is in our hearts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2019, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post
The issue in SA is Boers are being murdered. Depending on the source that either means farmers, or white farmers ... however, make no mistake, it is an attack on an industry.
There are no reports of urban white folks who own businesses (included in the genocide) undergoing vicious attacks.

Old 07-20-2019, 08:35 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,879,282 times
Even if there was a genocide, what makes it the problem of the United States? Why would we involve ourselves? Seems to me that is a United Nation's function.

Old 07-20-2019, 08:40 PM

16,589 posts, read 8,605,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
Even if there was a genocide, what makes it the problem of the United States? Why would we involve ourselves? Seems to me that is a United Nation's function.
We do try to prevent genocides anywhere in the world, as do most other civilized western culture nations.

That said, were you saying the same when we got involved in trying to get the white minority government to end their dominance over the black majority?
If not, why not?

`

Old 07-20-2019, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
From what I have read ... by creating an International awareness, they hope it will put pressures on the authorities in SA to do their jobs and protect their citizens.

SA gov use to employ urban commandos as part of security for the rural areas. Two things have happened, lack of electricity to run lights and alarms and they withdrew the commandos security details.

Some of the farmers today have turned to Israel Commandos for training in how to protect themselves in an attack ...

I know what I would do if it were me. People would be coming up missing and it wouldn't be farmers ... that comes from some things I've heard about rural mafia; not to far from my town in Texas either and it would not surprise me to find out it to be true ...

Old 07-20-2019, 10:30 PM

Default other related ...

Truck driver â€war’ about more than migration

"This is not simply random or embittered violence at the hands of those denied the benefits of personal progress by the state or through capitalism. These attacks are a political project that uses resentment and bitterness to further personal and communal political agendas while creating new centres of power.
<snip>
First, the facts.

Since March 2018, at least 213 people have been killed, 1 400 trucks torched and R1.2 billion worth of goods lost, largely along the route between the port in Durban and Gauteng. The instigators say the trucking industry must stop hiring “foreign nationals” and are demanding that the authorities do something to ensure that “the right people” are employed."

^^^ Basically (keep reading) insert the word farm or farmer, into the article were it states trucks and truck driver.

In South Africa’s â€Mafia-Like’ Taxi Industry, 11 Die in Latest Attack

"Outside major cities, taxis are a also major source of income and employment.

Yet since its inception in the 1980s, South Africa’s minibus taxi industry has been governed in large part by violence, with documented links to political assassinations and other forms of organized crime."

If I were looking at articles written about Mexico they would read like ... police are not in charge of xyz township, zyx gang is. Same issue ... different country.

These are attacks on industry(s) ...

Mining watchdogs under attack

"Unknown agents threaten, attack and even kill activists. Rarely are these incidents adequately investigated. When activists resort to protest to assert their rights, they are met with unlawful and burdensome requirements by municipalities."

Old 07-24-2019, 10:58 PM

More examples in just the last two weeks of a non-existent problem;

https://www.thesouthafrican.com/news...ca-free-state/

Old 08-28-2021, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Problem is who can we believe? Your left wing sources that hide or whitewash everything? I apologize if you’re not left wing but seriously who can anyone believe anymore?
Here is another documentary that SFit will not watch or refuse to comment on it that touches on exactly your point.
Local South African news purposely avoids running such stories out or fear, but also because they do not get the same interest as murders of blacks by whites.
When you watch it, it helps open up your thinking to realize the exact same thing goes on here in America.
Black thug attacks white person, it is never assumed to be racially motivated by the MSM, and even referred to as a "game".
Yet if a white thug attacks a black person, the races are mentioned, and their is always at least a suspicion that racial hate might be involved. Same with police, as a black cops can shoot and unarmed elderly black person, and races are not mentioned, nor is there any thought of it being related to race.
Yet have a white cop be a little rough with a black person, and the headlined mention the respective races, and infer it could be racially motivated.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQHtY59PuuE

I have spoken to a handful of SF's here in America now, and they all confirm it has been going on for years, and is progressively getting worse.
Heck when you have major political parties in SF chanting and singing about killing white people at their rallies, how can black on white racial hatred be denied?

`

Old 08-28-2021, 06:23 PM

Another white farmer was tortured with drills used on his knees, and being cut/stabbed 50 plus times in front of his fa,ily, but not a peep about it on the news.
One wonders if whites were doing the same racially hateful crimes against blacks in SF, if the media would treat it the same way, by not reporting it.

`

Old 08-28-2021, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
Another white farmer was tortured with drills used on his knees, and being cut/stabbed 50 plus times in front of his fa,ily, but not a peep about it on the news.
One wonders if whites were doing the same racially hateful crimes against blacks in SF, if the media would treat it the same way, by not reporting it.
`
I'm glad you woke this thread back up. I put the documentary in my watch later list. I knew these events hadn't stopped and a few months ago began looking for any additional information but came up empty. If I remember the thread correctly the use of the term 'racially' motivated is subjective and could never be proved. Also, if the (corrupt) authorities do not release the information as such, proving it would be tough, as well as, proving this activity is in the least out of the norm for SA.

I remember Australia had been doing something in the efforts to help migrants, that had been caught up in this situation safe travels for a new home in their country. However, I do believe that was mainly talk, with hardly an effort put into a follow through ... was my take on it at the time, years back. I recall something about Trump wanting to do an investigation into the killings and people didn't like that idea. They thought he might do more harm than good because there is 'nothing' there to indicate the validity of the accusations of these events happening in SA, with farmers being a target.

As for as media is concerned, unless they want to become part of the story, they're not going to touch it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies