U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2019, 04:20 PM

47,974 posts, read 45,435,742 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avondalist View Post
South Africa is a lost cause. I don't know why white people stay there - do they think it's going to get better?

The USA is bad enough with a 13% African population. Imagine being white in a country that is 79% African.

Sure you will lose all of your wealth by emigrating. But that's going to happen anyway. Save yourself.
Many White South Africans stay because it's home for them. It's what they know. Same reason why alot of Black Americans stay here in the USA. Black Americans face discrimination here and are looked down on far worse than any other group. Why do most Blacks stay? This is the only country Black Americans know.

And what do you mean by the USA being bad with 13% Black population? Explain yourself. If you came here to unleash some anger at Blacks, at least admit it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2019, 04:25 PM

This is what I'm seeing. There is alot of crime in South Africa. There are people in South Africa who have a disdain for Whites, particularly because of Apartheid. There are those who have no forgiveness in them. I also think about this. Far more Black people have been murdered than White people, even with farm murders taken into account. What I'm seeing here is not genocide. I'm seeing racial tensions that are still around going back to Apartheid. And yes, there are White people being discriminated against. Genocide? This is the deal. Cyril Ramaphosa is not trying to get rid of White people. In fact, the current President of South Africa is literally begging White farmers to stay. Are there Blacks in South Africa committing crimes against Whites? Yes. This is happening in South Africa. And yes, there are Blacks who have targeted Whites to kill them. There are some Blacks who are angry at Whites and want revenge for Apartheid. And on the flip side, there are alot of people who are just trying to get along in South Africa.

I am not going to listen to Tucker Carlson. I have spoken to White South Africans myself. None of them spoke of any genocide in South Africa. They did mention alot of crime and corruption in South Africa. There is a White South African youtuber that I listen to, Renaldo Gouws. He lives in South Africa and he has said that there is no genocide against Whites, but there are still some racial issues in South Africa.

Old 06-09-2019, 06:14 PM

4,646 posts, read 2,286,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I am not going to listen to Tucker Carlson. I have spoken to White South Africans myself. None of them spoke of any genocide in South Africa. There is a White South African youtuber that I listen to, Renaldo Gouws. He lives in South Africa and he has said that there is no genocide against Whites.
So basically American MSM is doing what they do best which is fabricate, mislead, and blow everything out of proportion just for clicks and ratings?

Old 06-09-2019, 07:02 PM

6,952 posts, read 4,418,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
This is what I'm seeing. There is alot of crime in South Africa. There are people in South Africa who have a disdain for Whites, particularly because of Apartheid. There are those who have no forgiveness in them. I also think about this. Far more Black people have been murdered than White people, even with farm murders taken into account. What I'm seeing here is not genocide. I'm seeing racial tensions that are still around going back to Apartheid. And yes, there are White people being discriminated against. Genocide? This is the deal. Cyril Ramaphosa is not trying to get rid of White people. In fact, the current President of South Africa is literally begging White farmers to stay. Are there Blacks in South Africa committing crimes against Whites? Yes. This is happening in South Africa. And yes, there are Blacks who have targeted Whites to kill them. There are some Blacks who are angry at Whites and want revenge for Apartheid. And on the flip side, there are alot of people who are just trying to get along in South Africa.

I am not going to listen to Tucker Carlson. I have spoken to White South Africans myself. None of them spoke of any genocide in South Africa. They did mention alot of crime and corruption in South Africa. There is a White South African youtuber that I listen to, Renaldo Gouws. He lives in South Africa and he has said that there is no genocide against Whites, but there are still some racial issues in South Africa.
A lot of the racial tension could be mostly solved with investment and loans. Like the Amish in my area that are good farmers there is no way they can produce as much with those with modern equipment. Been said many times in the forum but what country is it going to be that invest In South Africa?

I do not think it will be the U S that is more interested in selling weapons I think it will be China. With a large population they could buy all the food South Africa grows. If I was rich I would invest in that lady farmer that was shown in the clip. Instead of her beating the ground with a hoe she would be on a John Deer tractor wearing a Nike head band.

Old 06-09-2019, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsthetime View Post
So basically American MSM is doing what they do best which is fabricate, mislead, and blow everything out of proportion just for clicks and ratings?
In alot of cases, that is what many news networks do.

Old 06-09-2019, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swingblade View Post
A lot of the racial tension could be mostly solved with investment and loans. Like the Amish in my area that are good farmers there is no way they can produce as much with those with modern equipment. Been said many times in the forum but what country is it going to be that invest In South Africa?

I do not think it will be the U S that is more interested in selling weapons I think it will be China. With a large population they could buy all the food South Africa grows. If I was rich I would invest in that lady farmer that was shown in the clip. Instead of her beating the ground with a hoe she would be on a John Deer tractor wearing a Nike head band.
Alot of racial tensions do come from resource competition. Investment could be helpful. However, many tensions are just plain old anger and hatred. Some tensions have alot to do with wanting revenge. Some of it is related to thinking "my race is better than your race".

I've been to the store. We do buy some of the food South Africa produces. I've bought oranges from the store that were grown in South Africa. It is not like we aren't doing it. We're just not doing it as much as we buy food from Chile or Mexico.

Old 06-09-2019, 08:23 PM

4,240 posts, read 1,564,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
We certainly need to help out since America was one of the countries who helped make SA change their form of government.
This has led to some of the unintended consequences, and will lead to genocidal disaster if not stopped.

`
No, we don't. We need to start staying out of other countries' problems while we still have so many of our own that need solving.

Old 06-09-2019, 09:02 PM

8,509 posts, read 2,456,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pgh guy View Post
I don't think military intervention is the right move, not now anyway. We have to put pressure on the government of SA until things change.
Why the USA? Do you mean the UN?

Old 06-09-2019, 09:06 PM

3,495 posts, read 1,696,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dozerbear View Post
And we in the west will probably have to start feeding them soon...

The farms taken from white South Africans given to blacks have an 80-90% failure rate, and many of them can't even grow enough food to feed themselves let alone their country.

BBC News - South Africa black-owned farms 'failing'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ujd3ZBsrBlw

One thing that makes the violence against white farmers fairly unique is the shockingly brutal torture inflicted on them by black gangs. There have been cases of farmers being tied to their own truck with barb wire and drug to death, being forced to watch the gang rape of wives and daughters, burning with blowtorches, women raped with broken bottles, and one who had a hose forced down his throat and filled with boiling water until his internal organs were burned. Some attacks last half a day or more.
https://southafricatoday.net/media/s...outh-africans/

Apparently South African farmers have the highest murder rate in the world, at 138 per 100,000.
https://www.news.com.au/finance/econ...b77522c06d6476
They don't have the highest murder rate in the world because their is higher rates of murder for certain occupations all throughout Latin America. As well as many ghetto neighborhoods in South Africa that have murder rates of over 150 per 100,000. Their white farm workers are more vulnerable than others yes, but the entire country lives behind walls and the black murder rate is several times higher than the white one it wasn't like South Africa is "safe" for anyone it's the 2nd most murderous country in Africa and strangely enough one of the most prosperous.

Nigerians for example are killed there in extremely large numbers as well as other Africans. SA is just dangerous, prosperous relative to other African countries but dangerous for everyone living there including Black South Africans where the most dangerous neighborhood has a murder rate of 254 per 100,000, Khayelitsha.

Cape Town metropolitan area alone has 69 per 100,000. For Comparison Chicago's MSA only has about 8 per 100,000 and it's most dangerous area has a murder rate of roughly 70 per 100,000, Cape Town's msot dangerous area is the one above.

https://businesstech.co.za/news/life...-south-africa/

https://punchng.com/two-nigerians-st...th-in-safrica/

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-s...8AS02120121129

This one talks about how robbery is the motivation for 90% of Farm murders and also black farmers get killed as well in attacks not just white farmers. In fact about 61% of victims are White, 33% Black, 4% Asian 1% Other.

https://africacheck.org/factsheets/f...ks-murders-sa/

As you can see it has also been declining over the years.

Now the political challenge from Malema is much more serious but Farm murders are basically a far-right move to cause friction even more than currently in the South African state. They are gruesome and violent, but so is the rest of the country.

Old 06-09-2019, 09:17 PM

50,479 posts, read 26,667,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
We certainly need to help out since America was one of the countries who helped make SA change their form of government.
This has led to some of the unintended consequences, and will lead to genocidal disaster if not stopped.

`
Nonsense. If they hadn’t changed their form of government, they would’ve faced a much worse fate. They saved their lives by getting rid of Apartheid. Whites were sitting on a powder keg of their own making. 4 and a half million whites can’t control 25 million blacks in perpetuity.

We don’t need to help anyone, and we won’t be helping either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies