U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2019, 08:39 AM

47,974 posts, read 45,435,742 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
There aren't any. They all devolve into Tribal Warfare and War Lords fighting over U.S. Aid that gets stolen and sold, or kept by these crooks. So, essentially our tax dollars are supporting and encouraging genocide.
I know of a few decent Black-ran countries. Cabo Verde and Botswana. Barbados too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2019, 08:44 AM

13,632 posts, read 8,554,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I know of a few decent Black-ran countries. Cabo Verde and Botswana. Barbados too.
Barbados is a fine country. I worked there once a few years ago, and if I ever go missing, look for me there.

Botswana gets a thumbs up, too! It is the only country in Africa I really feel compelled to visit.
I draw a blank on Cabo Verde, but thanks for mentioning it. I will learn a thing of two about it..

Old 06-10-2019, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
Barbados is a fine country. I worked there once a few years ago, and if I ever go missing, look for me there.

Botswana gets a thumbs up, too! It is the only country in Africa I really feel compelled to visit.
I draw a blank on Cabo Verde, but thanks for mentioning it. I will learn a thing of two about it..
Cabo Verde used to be called "Cape Verde". It's an island nation off the coast of West Africa. People from rural areas have left the country, but people living in the cities seem to be doing alright. Cabo Verde is one of Africa's more peaceful countries.

Barbados is a decent place to visit. I watched an episode of World's Strictest Parents that took place in Barbados. The parents in that episode didn't mess around. Kids going to a private school, being raised with traditional values. Barbados is into international business and finance.

Botswana has alot of mining and is doing well with it. And it has better race relations than South Africa.

Old 06-10-2019, 09:59 AM

Quote:
I agree with the poster who opined that South Africa will go the way of Rhodesia.
Well, the currently President of South Africa, Cyril Ramaphosa, is no Robert Mugabe. He isn't trying to kick White farmers out of South Africa.

BTW, it isn't called Rhodesia anymore, it's Zimbabwe.

Old 06-10-2019, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pgh guy View Post
No, I wanted to see what blacks thoughts were on this subject since blacks in this country Pissed and moaned about aparthied until it went away.
That is hard for me to believe considering the things you have posted in the past. However, while we're on that subject, where do you stand? Do you have that same consistency that you are asking about?

Old 06-10-2019, 11:58 AM

776 posts, read 136,505 times
Quote:
And I for one am glad Apartheid is gone. Nothing you say will change that. And you didn't answer my question. Were you for apartheid, against it, or just didn't care?
At the time I was busy raising a family and didn"t pay much attention to what was going on in the world. My kids are raised and I am more active politically.

Old 06-10-2019, 12:03 PM

13,632 posts, read 8,554,879 times
Quote:
Well, the currently President of South Africa, Cyril Ramaphosa, is no Robert Mugabe. He isn't trying to kick White farmers out of South Africa.

BTW, it isn't called Rhodesia anymore, it's Zimbabwe.
Yeah. My point was, what will South Africa be called in the future?

Old 06-10-2019, 12:07 PM

Quote:

"The Cape Verde archipelago was uninhabited until the 15th century, when Portuguese explorers discovered and colonized the islands, establishing the first European settlement in the tropics. Ideally located for the Atlantic slave trade, the islands grew prosperous throughout the 16th and 17th centuries, attracting merchants, privateers, and pirates. The end of transatlantic slavery in the 19th century led to economic decline and emigration. Cape Verde gradually recovered as an important commercial center and stopover for shipping routes. Incorporated as an overseas department of Portugal in 1951, the islands continued to campaign for independence, which was peacefully achieved in 1975".

Old 06-10-2019, 12:10 PM

50,479 posts, read 26,667,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
Interesting perspective.

So the SA government could not have held onto their form of government, or come up with an ever greater and more oppressive one to maintain control?
With their military and superior technology and weapons, if they wanted to put down an uprising, it was within their ability.
Remember this was not an alien power from half a globe away. It was their own country, and the white government could have taken a much more hardline approach.
I suspect they could have used horrible tactics, even if world wide condemnation for brutality was the result. Lets not forget SA had been doing well long before western nations decided to try to bring about and end to their form of government.

So for you to say "they" saved their lives, one wonders who you speak of, as the whites who are being killed now without consequence, are hardly better off.

Lastly, if we potentially get involved with countries like Syria for killing their own people (which we have not had any hand in), why would we not try to keep a disaster from occurring in SA, which we have have had a hand in.
`
We had no hand in what happened in SA. They did it to themselves. As for our involvement in Syria, we shouldn’t be there either. But we already have assets in the Middle East. We aren’t prepositioned to do anything in SA. It’s too far away, and there are no American interests there just like there were no pressing national interests in Rwanda, which is why we did nothing. If we could watch that genocide happen and not lose sleep, why is sleeping so difficult NOW?

We should act in SA the same way we acted in Rwanda. I can’t be convinced otherwise unless you’ve got a better argument. So far you don’t.

BTW, Africans have sent superior forces packing before, and they would’ve done so again. It was just a matter of time. If the Vietnamese could do it to us with nothing more than rudimentary weaponry, black South Africans could’ve done it to any white SA Army. Whites aren’t supermen, you just think they are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pgh guy View Post
No, I wanted to see what blacks thoughts were on this subject since blacks in this country Pissed and moaned about aparthied until it went away.
Bunk. All of it. Is that a joke?

African Americans were a tiny part of the anti apartheid movement. It was the rest of the damn world that pushed against apartheid in a huge push. Even nations like Holland, France and England...the ancestral homes of white SA nationalists, went HARD against apartheid. African Americans were too damn busy fighting our own struggles here in the United States. We didn’t have the numbers, power, or money to make SA do a damn thing that they didn’t want to do. We can’t even make OUR government do anything on our behalf, let alone bully SA.

I wish we had the political power you THINK we have. LMAO...^^^this dude here.

Old 06-10-2019, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Yeah. My point was, what will South Africa be called in the future?
Harlem
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies