U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 06-10-2019, 08:34 PM
 
1,352 posts, read 689,516 times
Reputation: 781

Advertisements

The Afrikaners voted this on themselves. Let them be a lesson.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-10-2019, 08:43 PM
 
9,277 posts, read 4,270,448 times
Reputation: 11025
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
We had no hand in what happened in SA. They did it to themselves. As for our involvement in Syria, we shouldn’t be there either. But we already have assets in the Middle East. We aren’t prepositioned to do anything in SA. It’s too far away, and there are no American interests there just like there were no pressing national interests in Rwanda, which is why we did nothing. If we could watch that genocide happen and not lose sleep, why is sleeping so difficult NOW?

We should act in SA the same way we acted in Rwanda. I can’t be convinced otherwise unless you’ve got a better argument. So far you don’t.

BTW, Africans have sent superior forces packing before, and they would’ve done so again. It was just a matter of time. If the Vietnamese could do it to us with nothing more than rudimentary weaponry, black South Africans could’ve done it to any white SA Army. Whites aren’t supermen, you just think they are.
WT?

Just because someone is white does not make them superior. However if the Afrikaner government wanted to violently put down blacks in the country, they very likely could have. I only used Syria as an example, because they like some other countries used chemical weapons to kill thousands of people. Who is to say a brutal government faced with a possible violent insurgency of blacks would not have resorted to similar tactics.

Thankfully none of that happened, but you are wrong about us not being involved. We along with other nations put a strangle hold on the SA economy, which helped to force their hand.
Thus I am suggesting we and others do the same thing now to let the SA government know they cannot steal land from their rightful owners, just based on racial hatred.

`
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-10-2019, 08:50 PM
 
9,277 posts, read 4,270,448 times
Reputation: 11025
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFit View Post
I have better things to do than sit and wait on internet arguments to unfold.



I haven't refused. When I see people buying conspiracies hook line and sinker, I realize that there is no convincing them otherwise. I actually thought the white genocide stories were possibly legit when I first encountered them a while back. When I looked for more info on it, the only things backing up the idea of white genocide come from white nationalist and alt-right friendly sources.
Ok, lets not place semantics.

First genocide is too strong a word at the moment, but much of the rumblings and rhetoric from radical black groups in SA are saying as much.

As to this alt-right nonsense, did you even watch the documentary "Farmlands"?
If you did you would find it was not produced by some white nationalist from SA.
I think you need to do more research before assuming anyone who cares about what is happening in SA is automatically looking at it from a racially biased lens.

BTW - When you were presumably opposed to how blacks were treated in the old system of government of SA, did you considered yourself part of the "alt-left" because you opposed it?


`
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-11-2019, 12:39 AM
 
50,479 posts, read 26,667,876 times
Reputation: 15759
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
WT?

Just because someone is white does not make them superior. However if the Afrikaner government wanted to violently put down blacks in the country, they very likely could have. I only used Syria as an example, because they like some other countries used chemical weapons to kill thousands of people. Who is to say a brutal government faced with a possible violent insurgency of blacks would not have resorted to similar tactics.

Thankfully none of that happened, but you are wrong about us not being involved. We along with other nations put a strangle hold on the SA economy, which helped to force their hand.
Thus I am suggesting we and others do the same thing now to let the SA government know they cannot steal land from their rightful owners, just based on racial hatred.

`
Nah. This is an internal matter for SA to figure out. It’s none of our concern.

There are angry minority groups in every country. How many of those disputes should we get involved in?

There are no pressing national interests for the United States in SA, and you can’t come up with one.

And if all hell breaks loose, we should do the same thing we did for the situation in Rwanda. Were you for interfering there?

Nope.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-11-2019, 01:34 AM
 
Location: the Sticks
8,509 posts, read 2,456,235 times
Reputation: 4478
I still don't get why some people seem to feel that it is the job of the USA to involve themselves in SA. We have a UN. It's their job.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-11-2019, 03:55 AM
 
Location: Right here; Right now
8,749 posts, read 4,433,950 times
Reputation: 1404
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
I still don't get why some people seem to feel that it is the job of the USA to involve themselves in SA. We have a UN. It's their job.
We go every where terror goes ...

U.S. Military Says It Has a “Light Footprint” in Africa. These Documents Show a Vast Network of Bases.

"While troops and outposts periodically come and go from the continent, and some locations used by commandos conducting sensitive missions are likely kept under wraps, Teil’s map represents the most current and complete accounting available and indicates the areas of the continent of greatest concern to Africa Command. “The distribution of bases suggests that the U.S. military is organized around three counter-terrorism theaters in Africa: the Horn of Africa — Somalia, Djibouti, Kenya; Libya; and the Sahel — Cameroon, Chad, Niger, Mali, Burkina Faso,” says Moore, noting that the U.S. has only one base in the south of the continent and has scaled back engagement in Central Africa in recent years."(my emphasis)


Shhhh, it's a secret. Four u.s. soldiers died in Niger, and that let the cat out the bag.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-11-2019, 04:06 AM
 
Location: Right here; Right now
8,749 posts, read 4,433,950 times
Reputation: 1404
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFit View Post
Fake news from white nationalists.

Murder rates are very high in South Africa. Whites make up less than 3% of the total number of people murdered there. Not all farmers killed are white.

Sensationalized stories from white nationalists play on the fears of white right wingers who think people of color are always plotting against them.
More fake news from white nationalists.


'The white minority took our land. Enough is enough'

"On the sprawling maizefields outside Johannesburg, the Engelbrecht family know the full horror of the South African farm attacks that are so common they no longer rate a headline."


A White Farmer Is Killed Every Five Days in South Africa and Authorities Do Nothing about It, Activists Say

"Activists say South African authorities are tacitly approving attacks on the country's white farmers, with one being murdered every five days, and the police turning a blind eye to the violence."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-11-2019, 04:27 AM
 
Location: Right here; Right now
8,749 posts, read 4,433,950 times
Reputation: 1404
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Many White South Africans stay because it's home for them. It's what they know. Same reason why alot of Black Americans stay here in the USA. Black Americans face discrimination here and are looked down on far worse than any other group. Why do most Blacks stay? This is the only country Black Americans know.
Quote:
Many White South Africans stay
South Africa land GRAB: Farmers fleeing to Australia in ‘RECORD NUMBERS’ as fears grow

"Thousands of predominantly white farmers are emigrating Down Under every month, as South Africa’s government prepares to roll out land seizures to make right the “original sin” of how the black population was treated in days gone by. A law firm based in Perth, Western Australia, said the number of South Africans who have arrived on Australia’s shores since last February is estimated to be at least 162,000. Karen Kotze, a migration expert at Suffolk Law, said the firm receives “up to 10 enquiries a day” from South Africans considering making the move. "

‘A matter of life & death’: 15,000 white South African farmers seek refuge in Russia, report says

"A delegation of 30 South African farming families has arrived in Russia’s farmbelt Stavropol Region, Rossiya 1 TV reports. The group says it is facing violent attacks and death threats at home.

Up to 15,000 Boers, descendants of Dutch settlers in South Africa, are planning to move to Russia amid rising violence stemming from government plans to expropriate their land, according to the delegation."
Quote:
Why do most Blacks stay?
Because they, like [any] white Americans do not want to work as hard as many in other countries do, just to survive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-11-2019, 10:03 AM
 
50,479 posts, read 26,667,876 times
Reputation: 15759
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
I still don't get why some people seem to feel that it is the job of the USA to involve themselves in SA. We have a UN. It's their job.
Of course you get why this is.

No one felt as if the United States had a role to play in Rwanda, but they feel we have a role in SA.

You tell me what the difference is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-11-2019, 12:16 PM
 
776 posts, read 136,505 times
Reputation: 196
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Nah. This is an internal matter for SA to figure out. It’s none of our concern.

There are angry minority groups in every country. How many of those disputes should we get involved in?

There are no pressing national interests for the United States in SA, and you can’t come up with one.

And if all hell breaks loose, we should do the same thing we did for the situation in Rwanda. Were you for interfering there?

Nope.
Then why was it such a big concern for the U.S. to pressure SA when apathied was in effect?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top