Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2019, 09:33 PM

5,527 posts, read 3,252,102 times

Advertisements

South Africa is a lost cause. I don't know why white people stay there - do they think it's going to get better?

The USA is bad enough with a 13% African population. Imagine being white in a country that is 79% African.

Sure you will lose all of your wealth by emigrating. But that's going to happen anyway. Save yourself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2019, 09:36 PM

30,369 posts, read 19,156,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avondalist View Post
South Africa is a lost cause. I don't know why white people stay there - do they think it's going to get better?

The USA is bad enough with a 13% African population. Imagine being white in a country that is 79% African.

Sure you will lose all of your wealth by emigrating. But that's going to happen anyway. Save yourself.
I know lots of white South Africans that I worked with internationally and they want to leave but leaving means leaving everything, including family, behind...not easy. All white SA want to leave now.

Old 06-08-2019, 03:30 AM

16,236 posts, read 5,879,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
We certainly need to help out since America was one of the countries who helped make SA change their form of government.
This has led to some of the unintended consequences, and will lead to genocidal disaster if not stopped.

`
Help out how? Militarily? Sure why don't you go first? Not our business and not our fight. Take it to the UN.

Old 06-08-2019, 09:45 AM

2,828 posts, read 824,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
Help out how? Militarily? Sure why don't you go first? Not our business and not our fight. Take it to the UN.
I don't think military intervention is the right move, not now anyway. We have to put pressure on the government of SA until things change.

Old 06-08-2019, 10:16 AM

30,065 posts, read 18,663,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pgh guy View Post
I don't think military intervention is the right move, not now anyway. We have to put pressure on the government of SA until things change.

Certainly- the last thing we need is military intervention in another foreign craphole. What happens is that we then have millions of "refugees" from that area. After importing all the Somalis, the last thing we need is more violent immigrants in the US.

When Apartheid ended, everyone knew that South Africa would go the way of Rhodesia and would end up this way. It was just a matter of time. Apartheid was not a just system, but replacing it with an equally unjust system is not the answer.

In ten years, South Africa will be in ruins, just like Rhodesia. The failure rate of black farms confiscated by whites is 90%. They will turn South Africa from one of the richest African nations into one of the poorest.

And who did not see this coming?

Old 06-08-2019, 11:26 AM

16,588 posts, read 8,605,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post

Just as we used our influence to cause SA to dismantle their previous form of government, so can we do the same now.
We never sent one soldier before, nor do we need to now.

As to none of our business, were you saying the same thing back when we were interfering with the Afrikaner government?
Based on this post, I doubt it.

As to the UN, it is run by a bunch of feckless eunuchs, and many people have died while under UN protection. Regardless, even if the whites in SA wanted to have the UN get involved, no one represents them, nor seems to care about how SA has devolved.

`

Old 06-08-2019, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Certainly- the last thing we need is military intervention in another foreign craphole. What happens is that we then have millions of "refugees" from that area. After importing all the Somalis, the last thing we need is more violent immigrants in the US.

When Apartheid ended, everyone knew that South Africa would go the way of Rhodesia and would end up this way. It was just a matter of time. Apartheid was not a just system, but replacing it with an equally unjust system is not the answer.

In ten years, South Africa will be in ruins, just like Rhodesia. The failure rate of black farms confiscated by whites is 90%. They will turn South Africa from one of the richest African nations into one of the poorest.

And who did not see this coming?
Many naive bleeding heart liberals who fancy themselves as PC-SJW's. In many of their minds, white people are racist and evil, while minorities are peaceful, oppressed and benevolent.

The funny yet sad thing is many of those same SJW's, are white themselves.

`

Old 06-08-2019, 12:54 PM

3,976 posts, read 1,990,544 times
Quote:
I couldnt agree more regarding military intervention and refugees. We need that like a hole in the head. But SA is different than many other African countries regarding the level of "craphole" it is. I lived there for several years myself.
Those that claim that white farmers are not targeted there are full of sh*t. The ANC put a moratoriam on keeping statistics on farm attacks in 2005, because they did not like what they saw (and being required to act on it). Better to stick their head in the sand. Private agricultural orgs had to pick up the tab on tracking farm attacks since then. The details of many of the farm attacks on white farmers prove this beyond a doubt. There is a good book by a South African author JM Coetzee, called "Disgrace", a farm attack is central to the story. Recommended. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disgrace

Quote:
True.

Quote:
It may be hard to put a date on it, although the trend is indeed obvious.

The ANC has kept things somewhat moving along for now, but the presidents and politicos they keep lofting up have been getting progressively worse. The far left EFF has been gaining influence and support in recent years, if they gain control, things will surely go in the toilet quickly.

Old 06-08-2019, 12:58 PM

3,976 posts, read 1,990,544 times
Quote:
Many naive bleeding heart liberals who fancy themselves as PC-SJW's. In many of their minds, white people are racist and evil, while minorities are peaceful, oppressed and benevolent.

The funny yet sad thing is many of those same SJW's, are white themselves.

`
They exist even in South Africa.

This is an artist and "professor" from South Africa.

Old 06-08-2019, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFit View Post
Fake news from white nationalists.

Murder rates are very high in South Africa. Whites make up less than 3% of the total number of people murdered there. Not all farmers killed are white.

Sensationalized stories from white nationalists play on the fears of white right wingers who think people of color are always plotting against them.
Quote:

How can you type that with a straight face.

Didn't you listen to the actual leaders of the black groups who were interviewed in the Farmland documentary

Here is but one of many examples, and it just occurred;

Here is the story about farmer tefan Smit:

https://www.thesouthafrican.com/news...grabs-dispute/

Sad news is reaching us from Stellenbosch on Monday morning: Stefan Smit, the owner of Louisenhof Wine Estates in Stellenbosch, was the victim of a murder over the weekend.

Who is Stefan Smit?
Smit had gained something of a national profile after he was interviewed by the New York Times in March, speaking to the publication about the threat of land grabs on his property. The wine merchant had previously complained about how citizens from a nearby township had begun erecting shacks at the back of his farm.

The farmer was forced to get a court interdict against the squatters. Sadly, the letter of the law couldn’t prevent Smit from meeting a brutal fate. Police have confirmed that four armed men gained access to the wine estate via an unlocked door, before opening fire on the 62-year-old. His wife and a family friend survived the attack.

Stellenbosch farm murder victim was “embroiled in land dispute”
The Stellenbosch vineyard backs on to the township of Kayamandi. Over the course of a few months, a settlement bordering the farm was established. Although he had it dismantled by the Red Ants, the squatters were undeterred and rebuilt shacks on the fields. You can learn more about this from one of our previous articles on the matter.

When Smit spoke to the NYT, he gave a chilling prophecy on what he thought would happen if the dispute carried on. Within a few months of giving this interview, his worst fears have been realized.

“I, personally, can’t breathe here. They are bringing people down here like fodder. I have never spoken to the people myself, not directly. You don’t do that. It’s not un-dangerous. It’s not advisable. I have received threats before, where they said they would burn me alive.”

Stefan Smit, March 2019
Tributes paid to Stefan Smit after farm murder
Smit was a member of Vinpro, the company who regulate the production of wine in the Western Cape. The Stellenbosch-based group Tweeted their condolences on Monday, while condemning “the senseless murders happening to SA’s farming community”. The victim’s nephew also posted a hard-hitting message online:

RIP Stefan Smit.

In one day in South Africa:
– My father on crutches is almost robbed of his phone and wallet
– My uncle is murdered on his farm in Stellenbosch which has been in the family since 1896 ����

— Rouen Smit (@OSlOlSO)

Care to revise your post SFit ?

`
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies