Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2019, 12:32 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,193,725 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
^^^^^This. And the oh so celebrated Mandela's supported tribal rapes, and murders when it was to their advantage politically. Nelson Mandela was an avowed COMMUNIST also, yet the Media promotes him as some kind of savior.
Why is that important? The United States has placed brutal dictators at the head of nations for decades!

Tribal rapes and murders? Know what that is? It’s invading a sovereign nation on false pretenses (Iraq), destroying it, killing thousands of people, forcing the nation into a state of chaos, and causing a chain of events that lead to a refugee crisis that you THEN decry because the refugees are knocking on your door.

Perhaps you should save these critiques for your own country instead of worrying about Mandela. That’s not your problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pgh guy View Post
Aparthied is gone and blacks are in charge and the country is a mess, in fact, I don't know of one country that is in decent shape that is run by blacks.
How would you know? You’ve never set foot in SA. You likely can’t even afford a one way ticket to SA.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
There aren't any. They all devolve into Tribal Warfare and War Lords fighting over U.S. Aid that gets stolen and sold, or kept by these crooks. So, essentially our tax dollars are supporting and encouraging genocide.
You blame them for your nation’s decision to give them aid?

Tribal warfare and war lords?

That was Europe in the last century, wasn’t it? They did what...about 100 million deaths on that continent last century in tribal wars? And Europe would STILL be having tribal wars that kill millions if the United States didn’t stabilize the place.

In fact, in one of the last nastiest tribal wars, the Europeans showed us just how brutal they can get in Bosnia. The Serbs, Croats and Bosnians had one hell of a tet-a-tet....complete with mass graves, concentration camps and all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
I agree with the poster who opined that South Africa will go the way of Rhodesia.
So what if it does? What’s it to you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2019, 12:38 PM

662 posts, read 313,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
Then why have you taken this long to reply in the thread to others who replied to you?
I have better things to do than sit and wait on internet arguments to unfold.

Quote:
I'd also note you still have refused to answer the question/s posed to you, and are apparently content to let your false comment in your first post stand.
I haven't refused. When I see people buying conspiracies hook line and sinker, I realize that there is no convincing them otherwise. I actually thought the white genocide stories were possibly legit when I first encountered them a while back. When I looked for more info on it, the only things backing up the idea of white genocide come from white nationalist and alt-right friendly sources.

Old 06-10-2019, 12:40 PM

2,828 posts, read 824,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Lol...an apartment in Harlem is twice as expensive as a HOUSE in your neighborhood.

You don’t know what the hell you’re talking about. You’ve never in your life been to Harlem or anywhere else in Manhattan. Lol
It's a joke and I have no desire to either. You don't know me well enough to make any statements about me.

Old 06-10-2019, 12:45 PM

73,009 posts, read 62,598,043 times
Quote:
At the time I was busy raising a family and didn"t pay much attention to what was going on in the world. My kids are raised and I am more active politically.
Well, that let's me know you aren't consistent. By the way, my father is about your age. I was born in 1986. He was adamantly against the Apartheid regime. Saying that you were "too busy to think about it" is no excuse. You're asking Black people what they think. I will ask if you're being consistent, or if you only care if Whites are the ones having problems.

Old 06-10-2019, 12:47 PM

Quote:
It's a joke and I have no desire to either. You don't know me well enough to make any statements about me.
I know enough about your posting history to understand that you have a disdain for Blacks. Why not just post how you really feel instead of beating around the bush. You won't be liked much, but you'll be respected more.

Old 06-10-2019, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I have more respect for people who just admit they have a hatred for Blacks instead of being all passive-aggressive/hostile about it. Harlem was used as a euphemism for Blacks. Rather than just admit to hating Blacks and moving along, said person has to strike a line between being passive-aggressive and venting some kind of hostility. I haven't been to New York City, so I have never been to Harlem. However, I will at least do my homework. Some people just come here to vent their hatred.
Put it this way, if you want to call me a part time racist go right ahead, I could care less.

Old 06-10-2019, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Put it this way, if you want to call me a part time racist go right ahead, I could care less.
The least you could do is have some courage and own up to how you really feel. If you truly don't care, then show us.

Old 06-10-2019, 03:46 PM

Quote:
The least you could do is have some courage and own up to how you really feel. If you truly don't care, then show us.
I have had this discussion with you before. Here is the way I treat people in a nut shell. I treat people how they treat me, I have disdain for a certain sub- culture in the black community and in general I abhor black culture. I know black people who don't like it either, just in case you're interested.

Old 06-10-2019, 08:28 PM

16,582 posts, read 8,605,677 times
Quote:
I am not happy about South Africa's situation. There is alot of crime going on. It isn't safe for alot of people. And there are still racial tensions going on. South Africa has alot of corruption as well. South Africa needs to get its act together if it's to truly become the kind of nation it can be. I do suspect there are people who only talk about this stuff because they want Apartheid back in South Africa. The conservative element that wouldn't lift a finger when Blacks were the ones being directly oppressed under Apartheid, are suddenly complaining when it looks like Whites are having some problems. That tells me this isn't so much about White people being killed. This is about "see what happens when black people have freedom" for some people.
Wow, talked about a warped view and sweeping generalizations.
Many in America and other western cultures (overwhelmingly white) were opposed to apartheid, and helped force the end to that form of government.
Yet when people point out how the unintended consequences of whites being in peril of losing everything (including their lives), somehow equates to wanting apartheid back.

Here is a news flash for you.

Blacks having power and running the government of SA would not be the problem if they were racially neutral and not allowing whites to be abused.
Nothing about the agreed upon future of SA said it would be ok to have blacks stealing farms from whites and killing them in the process.
If that was the way it would have been sold to the world, many would have not helped bring down the Afrikaner government.
So what is the world prepared to do now that radicals have taken over the government, and are calling for violence against any whites who refuse to give up their land

`

Old 06-10-2019, 08:33 PM

16,582 posts, read 8,605,677 times
Quote:
Were you unhappy about South Africa's situation? Where you in support of those protesting Apartheid? Were you for Apartheid? Or were you indifferent? I have to ask because many people who bemoan Black persons killing White farmers in South Africa didn't say a word when Blacks were oppressed during Apartheid.
I cannot speak to the OP's thoughts, but I can say that personally I thought the system of apartheid was not the way to run a country properly.
If blacks were abused based on nothing more than their skin color, that was not right.

That said, one injustice should not have been replaced with another in my view. Do you see it differently?

`
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies