Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-11-2019, 01:32 PM

662 posts, read 313,311 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post
"On the sprawling maizefields outside Johannesburg, the Engelbrecht family know the full horror of the South African farm attacks that are so common they no longer rate a headline."
Farm murders have declined, maybe thats why headlines aren't so common. Also, not all rural farmers killed are white, some are black. Also, farm murders make up a small fraction of the overall murder count in SA. Yes, there are racist black murderers killing white farmers, but its blown out of proportion by white nationalist groups. Its only a small part of the country's big problem with violence. None of the white nationalist groups bring up how bad the overall violence is because it would take the level of alarmism on their chosen activism issue down a few notches when the whole picture is considered.

Quote:
A White Farmer Is Killed Every Five Days in South Africa and Authorities Do Nothing about It, Activists Say

"Activists say South African authorities are tacitly approving attacks on the country's white farmers, with one being murdered every five days, and the police turning a blind eye to the violence."

Activists say? Well, there you have it. Activists are always honest and accurate, so we should always trust activists.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2019, 01:50 PM

52,698 posts, read 34,555,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Nah. This is an internal matter for SA to figure out. It’s none of our concern.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pgh guy View Post
Then why was it such a big concern for the U.S. to pressure SA when apathied was in effect?
can't wait to hear dd's sputtering diatribe in response to this one.

Old 06-11-2019, 03:13 PM

2,828 posts, read 824,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
Well of course, if it doesn't benefit blacks he could care less.

Old 06-11-2019, 03:21 PM

73,012 posts, read 62,607,656 times
Quote:
Well of course, if it doesn't benefit blacks he could care less.
You aren't any better so you have no room to talk. You only care if it affect Whites.

Old 06-11-2019, 09:28 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Quote:
Then why was it such a big concern for the U.S. to pressure SA when apathied was in effect?
First of all l, were we supposed to endorse apartheid?? I know you’re upset that it had to end, but them’s the breaks.

Secondly, SA didn’t dump apartheid because of the United States. The whole world lined up against SA. They didn’t give a damn about the United States’ opinion. SA abhors the English speaking world anyway.

To the extent that we put some pressure on SA doesn’t mean we owe them anything. Lemme just list a few countries that we pressured..and ended up with disastrous results because of it.....Iran, Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya, Indonesia, Guatemala, Chile, Congo, Vietnam, El Salvador, Laos, Cambodia, ...you get the picture. All ruined by US pressure. Millions dead. What do we owe Guatemala or Iran for destroying Democracy in their nations after American “pressure?”

Nothing, right? Same goes for South Africa. They’re owed not one damn thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
If I ever sputter, I’ll commit suicide. You already know that ain’t gonna happen...EVER.

Old 06-12-2019, 11:52 AM

15,754 posts, read 7,594,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFit View Post
Farm murders have declined, maybe thats why headlines aren't so common. Also, not all rural farmers killed are white, some are black. Also, farm murders make up a small fraction of the overall murder count in SA. Yes, there are racist black murderers killing white farmers, but its blown out of proportion by white nationalist groups. Its only a small part of the country's big problem with violence. None of the white nationalist groups bring up how bad the overall violence is because it would take the level of alarmism on their chosen activism issue down a few notches when the whole picture is considered.

Activists say? Well, there you have it. Activists are always honest and accurate, so we should always trust activists.
You know what I think is odd? Not one of those articles say anything to the effect of the progress for apprehension of the said perpetrators of the farm murderers. I'm thinking the reason being is that the authorities, being the farmer black or white, they really don't give a chit. If it wasn't for the white nationalist, internationally no one would know about the sins of the SA government and its inability to keep their citizens safe.

White farm murders in South Africa - Race hate, politics or greed? | Foreign Correspondent

Old 06-12-2019, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
You aren't any better so you have no room to talk. You only care if it affect Whites.
Not true, but I don't see any black crying over this.

Old 06-12-2019, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
First of all l, were we supposed to endorse apartheid?? I know you’re upset that it had to end, but them’s the breaks.

Secondly, SA didn’t dump apartheid because of the United States. The whole world lined up against SA. They didn’t give a damn about the United States’ opinion. SA abhors the English speaking world anyway.

To the extent that we put some pressure on SA doesn’t mean we owe them anything. Lemme just list a few countries that we pressured..and ended up with disastrous results because of it.....Iran, Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya, Indonesia, Guatemala, Chile, Congo, Vietnam, El Salvador, Laos, Cambodia, ...you get the picture. All ruined by US pressure. Millions dead. What do we owe Guatemala or Iran for destroying Democracy in their nations after American “pressure?”

Nothing, right? Same goes for South Africa. They’re owed not one damn thing.

If I ever sputter, I’ll commit suicide. You already know that ain’t gonna happen...EVER.
Of course not. And I do know that SA was under a lot of pressure from around the globe.

Old 06-12-2019, 12:16 PM

73,012 posts, read 62,607,656 times
Quote:
Not true, but I don't see any black crying over this.
You were the one who said you were too busy to care what happened during Apartheid.

Old 06-12-2019, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
You were the one who said you were too busy to care what happened during Apartheid.
I was a young man raising a family, I was aware of it, but did not protest it publicly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies