Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2019, 06:37 AM

59,029 posts, read 27,290,738 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Because ”orange man bad”
Woman Told Cops She Stabbed Herself Three Times Because, "I'm Tired Of Living In Trump's Country" | The Smoking Gun

Seriously, the msm needs to tone back the hate.
Looks like she isn't even smart enough to stab herself to death!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2019, 06:45 AM

30,362 posts, read 19,149,932 times
Quote:
Because ”orange man bad”
Woman Told Cops She Stabbed Herself Three Times Because, "I'm Tired Of Living In Trump's Country" | The Smoking Gun

The best treatment for TSA starts with another 4 years post 2020 in order to the TDS sufferers to grasp how wonderful living in Trump's country is.

Yes TDS is real and those suffering TDS need to get their heads examined.

Old 06-07-2019, 06:48 AM

2,180 posts, read 640,204 times
Well, at least she didn't shoot up GOP politicians at a baseball game. Oh.... we all forgot about that one, right?

Old 06-07-2019, 06:51 AM

1,672 posts, read 1,250,185 times
I found this interesting Twitter thread a few days ago https://twitter.com/ZachG932/status/1135602195292991488

The legacy news media has been burying the public with divisive rhetoric, and the study shows this really kicked into high gear around 2013. When Youtube's homepage displays a banner about politics when you just want to watch funny cat videos, when CNN is being broadcast in airports nationwide, when even your bank has monitors broadcasting the polarizing news of the day, I'm worried that a lot of unstable people can't handle being exposed to it all the time.

Old 06-07-2019, 06:58 AM

2,180 posts, read 640,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nc17 View Post
I found this interesting Twitter thread a few days ago https://twitter.com/ZachG932/status/1135602195292991488

The legacy news media has been burying the public with divisive rhetoric, and the study shows this really kicked into high gear around 2013. When Youtube's homepage displays a banner about politics when you just want to watch funny cat videos, when CNN is being broadcast in airports nationwide, when even your bank has monitors broadcasting the polarizing news of the day, I'm worried that a lot of unstable people can't handle being exposed to it all the time.

Tim Poole did a video about these findings in the last couple of days.

Since about 2013 the alternative media (social media, twitter especially) has basically run the nation's narrative. "Social justice" terms and ideas (which ARE far left and fringe at their core - almost like a religion) are now the "mainstream narrative..." That's a problem because it is based on theories of oppression. Of the grievance hierarchy.

We either smash the social justice grievance apparatus and put it in its place, or we become consumed by it and identity politics. The left doesn't grasp how much this stuff enabled Trump's rise in 2016. Reactionary politics are powerful.

Old 06-07-2019, 07:04 AM

4,023 posts, read 1,441,878 times
Quote:
Because ”orange man bad”

Yes! I did not vote for Trump, but the absolute, no stop hate and attacking from the media has lead some to believe the world is literally ending. Seriously folks, look at your life and the world today. Is it really, I mean truly worse today than it was before Trump?

She ultimately believed everything she has heard and stabbed herself, so she is ultimately to blame, but the media sure stokes sh+t.

Old 06-07-2019, 07:07 AM

11,558 posts, read 12,050,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
And before ignorant conservatives began using stupid terms like looney tunes to describe their fellow citizens. You folks are real winners.
LMAO!!! And libs don't use ludicrous terms when referring to President Trump?

Old 06-07-2019, 08:32 AM

39,868 posts, read 26,498,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
Quick, someone get her a binky!!!

Old 06-07-2019, 08:40 AM

39,868 posts, read 26,498,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Which explains why she supported Hillary.
That actually makes me wonder about something. Once someone is committed to a mental hospital (or say an Alzheimer's center)-do they lose voting privileges? I would expect that our system at least is protected from allowing the mentally ill to vote. If not-it goes a long way to explaining how Hillary won the popular vote.

Old 06-10-2019, 09:38 AM

35,054 posts, read 16,995,362 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Because ”orange man bad”

It's sad that people are using this woman who obviously has mental issues to make political points for their chosen leader. The woman did not just suddenly wake up one day and decide to harm herself because Trump was president. From the article --

This woman needs help, not ridicule from Trump-lovers.
I agree mental hospitals should be as prevalent now as they were 50 years ago, before libs forced America to let loony tunes like this woman out.
And before ignorant conservatives began using stupid terms like looney tunes to describe their fellow citizens. You folks are real winners.
I think that modern "mental health" practices make it too hard to keep people in institutions. I have no reason, however, to believe that this person would have been institutionalized unless she had a pattern of similarly self-destructive practices. I believe that people should dial back from the hysteria over Trump since it may convince unbalanced (though maybe not qualified for confinement) people to take irrational actions. Also on its merits this hysteria debases debate.

I see nothing wrong with using mile terms such as "looney tunes" to describe people who so overreact to political developments, especially federally. Actions at a village board meetings are more likely to affect how they live than the occupant of 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies