U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2019, 07:52 PM

8,562 posts, read 2,465,124 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bingo3000 View Post
Why? The last presidential election, 2016, I noticed most police officers voted for Donald Trump over Hillary Clinton and a lot of them have "Trump" stickers on their police cars.

Why?
Just a guess, but it might have something to do with how the dems actively supported BLM over cops regardless of fault.
It might have something to do with Holder's obvious and blatant bias against cops.

It might even have something to with Democrats as a body painting all cops with a broad brush.

Under Obama it became very popular for those on the left to openly bash cops. Even now you see people justifying restaurants not serving police officers. Well you know it isn't conservatives disrespecting cops that way.

Why would any sane cop vote for the party that hates them ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2019, 07:54 PM

31,628 posts, read 19,947,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
I was at a party where half the people were on welfare and voted Hillary and the other half had jobs and voted Trump.

Ok. I wouldn't know, I don't even know anyone on welfare.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs

Old 06-06-2019, 08:09 PM

15,149 posts, read 4,003,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nedergras View Post
Red states are suing the opiod family, what more do you want? Meth and fentanyl is brought in from Mexico, who's trying to put a stop to it?
Suing AFTER allowing 100's of pills mills in Florida to supply 100's of million of opiates to the entire SE and Appalacian region for a period of 8 years or longer......

Perfect government setup. Make money from one end...then make it from the other. Meantime, the addicts are addicted already or dead.

Is that a solution?

How long do you think it should have taken Florida to shut down these pill mills....100's of them in one county alone....once they knew? These places even opened Pharmacies next door to supply the pills!

Don't Pharmacies need a state license?

This is like telling us GWB has a plan for getting out of Iraq and Afghanistan. Too late. It's broken. You cannot put the thousands of pieces back together.

Republicans for MANY years have cheered the idea of non-responsibility of the medical field...need I remain you they said the Trial Lawyers were Public Enemy #1 and that medical lawsuits and responsible were Bad bad Bad?

Sorry - you can't take credit because some Republican states are now jumping aboard the ship that Liberals and Progressives built and floated. Here - do some reading:

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKBN1J81VB

"BOSTON (Reuters) - Massachusetts on Tuesday filed a lawsuit against Purdue Pharma LP, accusing the OxyContin maker of illegally promoting the use of opioids, and became the first state to sue the drugmakerís executives and directors to hold them responsible as well"

THE FIRST STATE..........see that? You are welcome (I live in MA).

The others just jumped aboard because they know Perdue has billions...and they want their piece. But it's not an accident by any means that MA. led the way and started this. Nope.

Old 06-06-2019, 08:09 PM

29,387 posts, read 15,424,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Ok. I wouldn't know, I don't even know anyone on welfare.
Yeah, I know quite a few. They are really boring as well. They obsess over their hatred of Trump while complaining about not having free healthcare.

Most of them are Bernie supporters.

Old 06-06-2019, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Yeah, I know quite a few. They are really boring as well. They obsess over their hatred of Trump while complaining about not having free healthcare.

Most of them are Bernie supporters.

Perhaps you should change who you hang out with. It's odd to hang out with people you find boring.

Old 06-06-2019, 09:03 PM

29,387 posts, read 15,424,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Perhaps you should change who you hang out with. It's odd to hang out with people you find boring.
Friends of friends.

I only see them at parties, so....

Old 06-06-2019, 09:06 PM

2,774 posts, read 1,134,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
without any exit polls to show the veracity of your claim, this is akin to "when did you stop beating your wife?"
Yeah, I don’t think this is true in places like Chicago or Milwaukee. At least in the Midwest, it seems like cops tend to vote Democrat for public sector unions, even if they are generally conservative. Then again, I only have anecdotal evidence.

Old 06-06-2019, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewjdeg View Post
Yeah, I donít think this is true in places like Chicago or Milwaukee. At least in the Midwest, cops tend to vote Democrat for public sector unions, even if they are generally conservative.
Same in our state.

Old 06-06-2019, 09:17 PM

45,786 posts, read 34,024,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bingo3000 View Post
Why? The last presidential election, 2016, I noticed most police officers voted for Donald Trump over Hillary Clinton and a lot of them have "Trump" stickers on their police cars.

Why?
How would you know how “ most police officers voted”?

Policing is a very local matter. The local government control the headcount, compensation and manages the pensions. Large cities have the most Police Officers and large cities are Democrat.

The Fraternal Order of Police claims more than 300,000 members. It make a big deal out of their presidential endorsements which are usually Republican. Bill Clinton was an exception. It declined to endorse both Romney and Obama in 2012.

That the Org endorses, does not mean their members vote the endorsement.

Old 06-06-2019, 09:22 PM

5,511 posts, read 5,713,187 times
The belief in the rule of law.

anarchists, flag burners, social outcasts, criminals and people who are against the rule of law tend to be Democrat. Look at the jails--they're full of Democrats.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or