U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 06-06-2019, 10:20 PM
 
Location: Tennessee
34,667 posts, read 33,667,394 times
Reputation: 51854

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bingo3000 View Post
Why? The last presidential election, 2016, I noticed most police officers voted for Donald Trump over Hillary Clinton and a lot of them have "Trump" stickers on their police cars.

Why?
Because Democrats don't want the laws we already have to be enforced or they make them so squishy there is more crime. I have never seen a police car with a political bumper sticker and I'm old.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-06-2019, 10:32 PM
 
Location: Little Rock, AR
2,965 posts, read 919,623 times
Reputation: 1843
Because they arenít demonized by the right and because, in general, they see many of the issues our citizens face. Trump has praised police officers when it was unpopular to do so
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-06-2019, 10:36 PM
 
Location: California
30,684 posts, read 33,445,013 times
Reputation: 26108
The see the worst of humanity, and they don't want to encourage it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-06-2019, 10:55 PM
 
Location: Nescopeck, Penna. (birthplace)
12,351 posts, read 7,498,921 times
Reputation: 15950
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Well, Trump DID promise to be the 'law and order' President.

I can tell you this - if they are voting Republican they can kiss their union good-bye. Nothing a republican hates more than a workers union.
Not so; it's not labor unions per se which conservatives oppose, but unions backed by the unchecked power of government.

A union represents an attempt to monopolize a supply of labor; the Wagner labor act of 1936 simply legitimized that power, by specifically exempting labor unions from anti-trust prosecution. The exception for professional baseball's notorious "reserve clause" represented the opposite side of the same coin -- tying a player to one employer and denying that player an opportunity to bargain on the premise that one "rich" team would grab up all the talent and dominate.

But a monopoly like this is, of course more effective if the union has something to sell -- that's why unions with a great deal invested per worker, and greater potential for harm if something goes wrong (I. E: railroaders, miners, oil and chemical workers)can command a higher wage in return for stronger safety concerns; Simple laborers -- not so much.

And the real problem here isn't the employees themselves -- it's one employer, usually a monopoly like the public schools, whom the taxpayer -- despite a preference for home-schooling, is forced to patronize and/or support via confiscatory taxes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-06-2019, 11:17 PM
 
1,053 posts, read 162,994 times
Reputation: 546
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
It's illegal to do so in our state, and I would imagine.... most states.
I am a feds employee. itís illegal for feds employees to do that.

Hatch Act
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-06-2019, 11:24 PM
 
Location: New Mexico
6,544 posts, read 3,650,165 times
Reputation: 12301
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
I was at a party where half the people were on welfare and voted Hillary and the other half had jobs and voted Trump.
Sounds like a awful time. You might need to choose your parties more wisely.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-07-2019, 06:45 AM
 
36,832 posts, read 16,072,760 times
Reputation: 8362
Quote:
Originally Posted by bingo3000 View Post
Why? The last presidential election, 2016, I noticed most police officers voted for Donald Trump over Hillary Clinton and a lot of them have "Trump" stickers on their police cars.

Why?
"Why do most police officers vote Republican?" Prove it. And few bumper sticks is NOT valid proof.

1. MOST municipalities do NOT allow political bumper stickers

2. There are MORE cops in cities and urban ares then the rest of the country and MOST are run by dems and are PUBLIC UNION members.

3. Unions "donate" about 90% to DEM politicians.

I think your premise has a LOT of holes in it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-07-2019, 06:46 AM
 
Location: Washington State
18,438 posts, read 9,548,793 times
Reputation: 15732
Quote:
Originally Posted by bingo3000 View Post
Why? The last presidential election, 2016, I noticed most police officers voted for Donald Trump over Hillary Clinton and a lot of them have "Trump" stickers on their police cars.

Why?
Because they're not stupid.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-07-2019, 06:50 AM
 
36,832 posts, read 16,072,760 times
Reputation: 8362
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Well, Trump DID promise to be the 'law and order' President.


I can tell you this - if they are voting Republican they can kiss their union good-bye. Nothing a republican hates more than a workers union.
"Nothing a republican hates more than a workers union."

Sorry to burst your hate filled bubble but, we republicans do NOT HATE everything and everyone we don't agree with like you dems!

Must be real tough living a life so filled hate!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-07-2019, 07:03 AM
 
2,455 posts, read 859,545 times
Reputation: 1714
Quote:
Originally Posted by bingo3000 View Post
Why? The last presidential election, 2016, I noticed most police officers voted for Donald Trump over Hillary Clinton and a lot of them have "Trump" stickers on their police cars.

Why?
Typical strawman argument. you put up an assertion - most police officers voted Trump - with no evidence. Then the sheeple on this board proceed to debate the reason without questioning the premise.

"I noticed most officers voted for...." How did you notice this? Did you observe officers in the voting booth? Did you conduct a poll of officers as they left the voting booth? How many police cars had Trump stickers; ie, what is "a lot"? Were these observations just in your town and you extrapolate that to police everywhere?

Will you admit that you just made this up to kick off a conversation of how Republicans are tough on crime and Democrats are wimps?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top