Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2019, 10:22 AM

48,524 posts, read 34,843,322 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post
I am a feds employee. it’s illegal for feds employees to do that.

Hatch Act
Yeah, I'm pretty sure the OPs premise that he sees Trump bumper stickers on police cars is bumpkus.

I'm having to dig up old knowledge, but even at campaign events..... you can't wear military uniforms.... State and C&C can't campaign during work hours (that would include bumper stickers)... there are all kinds of laws against this stuff.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2019, 10:35 AM

5,981 posts, read 2,235,359 times
It’s a vote to preserve the funding and military equipment they currently get free.

War on drugs and driving laws have made policing a billion dollar business. Add in jails and prison systems and the justice branch is rolling in the money. No one wants to give all that tax money up.

Old 06-07-2019, 10:46 AM

10,400 posts, read 15,581,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bingo3000 View Post
Why? The last presidential election, 2016, I noticed most police officers voted for Donald Trump over Hillary Clinton and a lot of them have "Trump" stickers on their police cars.

Why?
Because most police officer voting Republican is just your own personal opinion..

Old 06-07-2019, 11:05 AM

1,074 posts, read 949,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"Why do most police officers vote Republican?" Prove it. And few bumper sticks is NOT valid proof.

1. MOST municipalities do NOT allow political bumper stickers

2. There are MORE cops in cities and urban ares then the rest of the country and MOST are run by dems and are PUBLIC UNION members.

3. Unions "donate" about 90% to DEM politicians.

I think your premise has a LOT of holes in it.
Some municipalities DO allow political bumper stickers.

You look at some firehouses post-9/11 there was a lot of Bush-Cheney '04/McCain-Palin '08 signs. Come on.

Old 06-07-2019, 11:06 AM

7,447 posts, read 2,832,835 times
Because the drug war butters their toast and they know it.

Old 06-07-2019, 10:47 PM

233 posts, read 225,662 times
as a Police Officer I always voted Republican, including President Trump....

Old 06-07-2019, 11:48 PM

4,904 posts, read 2,056,126 times
Quote:
Why? The last presidential election, 2016, I noticed most police officers voted for Donald Trump over Hillary Clinton and a lot of them have "Trump" stickers on their police cars.

Why?
First, most every police department I know of or has more than 25 sworn officers, would not allow political bumper stickers of any type on any city, county or State owned vehicles. Btw, I use to live in New Jersey, Hudson County area, and never saw any political stickers on any police cruisers.

As for your question, it's the same reason why most teachers tend to vote for democrats than republicans... Not a shocker since most teachers view the world different than how a police officer would.

Remember this, we have police officers and other types of law enforcement officers to deal with the problems average people don't want to deal with.

Now if somebody feels that this is a serious issue and is a democrat or identify with that party, please feel free to join a local police department and make a difference in your community.

Old 06-08-2019, 12:27 AM

8,975 posts, read 10,210,944 times
I can actually understand this. I know many police officers and have been in relationships with people in enforcement. You see first hand how the law is applied differently to different people based on politics. Sometimes they’re told not to enforce laws that they have sworn to uphold, based on politics. And it normally is liberal politics. They’re made to be scapegoats for political purposes. And yes, it is coming from one particular party. So I actually do get it, even though I am moderate-left in most things. I can see how someone who has to put up with that on a daily basis would have a low opinion about liberals, because their work colors the way they view the world.

Old 06-08-2019, 05:00 AM

59,040 posts, read 27,298,344 times
Quote:
Some municipalities DO allow political bumper stickers.

You look at some firehouses post-9/11 there was a lot of Bush-Cheney '04/McCain-Palin '08 signs. Come on.
"Some municipalities DO allow political bumper stickers."

I said MOST do NOT, which means SOME do.

Old 06-08-2019, 10:17 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,621,806 times
Quote:
How exactly did you notice who most cops voted for?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies