Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2019, 06:25 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,008,400 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bingo3000 View Post
Why? The last presidential election, 2016, I noticed most police officers voted for Donald Trump over Hillary Clinton and a lot of them have "Trump" stickers on their police cars.

Why?
You got anything more than your feelings to back up your assertions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2019, 06:26 PM

19,839 posts, read 12,099,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabronie View Post
Sorry Democrats want to continue to support the funding behind pretty much everything that makes our society today what it is ... But this is OT.

It definitely happened, I'm sure more then once but from what I remember each time it was short lived and the stickers where removed.
Did you bother reading your own link? The officer said he did not put it on there and that he doesn’t even support Trump.

Old 06-06-2019, 06:27 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,672,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nedergras View Post
Scientists vote towards party that gives them most money. Big surprise.
Uh, nothing to do with this. It doesn't work that way. Scientists work for the DOD and the CDC and also for many Industries and Medical Institutions and with money left by wealthy people to good schools and research centers.

Trying to make light of such a damning statistic is understandable, but in this care doesn't hold even a speck of truth.

The reason - is pretty obvious. When one Party doesn't even accept Evolution and the Age of the Planet and tries to block or stop cures and research using ideology "from the preachers", it just doesn't allow that party to be respected by those who base their world-view on logic, reason, data and experimentation/results.

It's hard to imagine the face of a Scientists seeing the saddles on dinosaurs in the Creation Museum.

Sane people cannot hold completely opposing ideas in their head at one time. If I 100% believe that
1. I am going to a better place when I die (in which case, why should I extend my life).
2. The Lord wants me to suffer like he did (so why try to heal the sick?)
3. Getting on my knees before an altar is actually how we have the internet, DNA and vaccines

Then I wouldn't dedicate my entire life to actual science. Why bother?

Just as this thread discusses, an open mind generally means a liberal mind (liberal arts, anything is possible, we can lift ourselves up if we work hard enough at understanding the cause of disease, etc.).

Law Enforcement is based on Authoritarianism. You WILL comply or I will use pepper spray on you. The Law will straighten you out.

This is not to say LE doesn't have many flexible and progressive minds...just that in the current scheme of our political system, a majority might lean toward Right/Authority.

I haven't checked all the stats out. I'd be surprised if Boston Police voted heavily Red. Why?

"Boston’s police still lead the nation in community-police relations. Their established programs for community engagement allow them to build trust within the communities they serve, and their body camera pilot program demonstrates their interest in increasing transparency and accountability."

Is there data on DC Police and Philly Police and NYC Police? Philly Police were, of course, led by the very strict and famous Democrat Frank Rizzo. Republicans in Philly wouldn't be Police...they would have tweed suits on and be in Devon at a Horse Show.

Old 06-06-2019, 06:29 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,672,766 times
Quote:
Why? The last presidential election, 2016, I noticed most police officers voted for Donald Trump over Hillary Clinton and a lot of them have "Trump" stickers on their police cars.

Why?
Ah, I thought there was actual data you had on this?????

Like broken down by City and sex and ethnicity, etc........

So, let's admit it, this is a thread made up out of thin air. I saw a Prius today with a Trump sticker so Trump voters must believe in saving energy!

Old 06-06-2019, 06:31 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,758,205 times
Quote:

Why?
Seems pretty obvious - large elements of the Democratic coalition vilify cops.

Old 06-06-2019, 06:32 PM

34,046 posts, read 17,064,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Hillary blew it at the convention with the BLM crapulous stuff.

Old 06-06-2019, 06:33 PM

4,508 posts, read 1,863,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Because dems are soft on criminals and hate the police.
Most honest thing I’ve seen today!

Old 06-06-2019, 06:46 PM

2,444 posts, read 3,583,615 times
Because whether it's true or not, reps have managed to paint the dems as "for criminals", for illegal immigrants, liberal drug policies etc.

Cops who have to deal with people on drugs or selling drugs, committing stupid and destructive crimes all the time etc on a daily basis will look at something like bernie saying these should not be in jail. That cop who just spent half the day rangling in some idiot who just robbed a convenient store to get money for his next fix is not gonna look at Bernie and go "Yeah that guy is on my team!"
Bernie whether nominated or not has a big influence on the democrat agenda, especially the left wing of dems... which is growing. And many dems share his attitude, makes it easy for a cop to think "they're all soft, and all the same"
In this election it's not gonna help the dems that they're coming out with enough candidates to field a third string kicker or something...

Meanwhile reps are coming out as "tough on crime" etc. "Build a wall!"
Now maybe that's a bit easier message for a cop to go "yeah that's my team!"

I mean let's face it, when it comes to law and order, the leftie-type liberal side is standing really flat. What's the new agenda points nowadays? voting rights for the incarcerated and criminally insane?
Yeah that'll recruit cops in the masses...

Old 06-06-2019, 06:50 PM

1,415 posts, read 1,094,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwedishViking View Post
Because whether it's true or not, reps have managed to paint the dems as "for criminals", for illegal immigrants, liberal drug policies etc.

Cops who have to deal with people on drugs or selling drugs, committing stupid and destructive crimes all the time etc on a daily basis will look at something like bernie saying these should not be in jail. That cop who just spent half the day rangling in some idiot who just robbed a convenient store to get money for his next fix is not gonna look at Bernie and go "Yeah that guy is on my team!"
Bernie whether nominated or not has a big influence on the democrat agenda, especially the left wing of dems... which is growing. And many dems share his attitude, makes it easy for a cop to think "they're all soft, and all the same"
In this election it's not gonna help the dems that they're coming out with enough candidates to field a third string kicker or something...

Meanwhile reps are coming out as "tough on crime" etc. "Build a wall!"
Now maybe that's a bit easier message for a cop to go "yeah that's my team!"

I mean let's face it, when it comes to law and order, the leftie-type liberal side is standing really flat. What's the new agenda points nowadays? voting rights for the incarcerated and criminally insane?
Yeah that'll recruit cops in the masses...
Oklahoma has medical marijuana dispensaries, as does Arizona, Republicans are pretty liberal too ya know. Alaska, a deep red state has legal recreational pot.

Old 06-06-2019, 06:51 PM

25,116 posts, read 16,212,465 times
without any exit polls to show the veracity of your claim, this is akin to "when did you stop beating your wife?"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies