Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2019, 06:58 PM

15,632 posts, read 10,388,492 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bingo3000 View Post
Why? The last presidential election, 2016, I noticed most police officers voted for Donald Trump over Hillary Clinton and a lot of them have "Trump" stickers on their police cars.

Why?
got a source for "most police officers voted for Donald trump over Hillary Clinton"? or is the assertion in your thread title your personal opinion?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2019, 06:58 PM

2,444 posts, read 3,583,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nedergras View Post
Oklahoma has medical marijuana dispensaries, as does Arizona, Republicans are pretty liberal too ya know. Alaska, a deep red state has legal recreational pot.
Gimmie a break, marijuana is practically a vegetable.
Find me successful republican who will make a major campaign point out of turning drug addicts into a medical issue to be handled by government funded healthcare. That's basically Bernie 2016.

Old 06-06-2019, 07:09 PM

1,415 posts, read 1,094,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwedishViking View Post
Gimmie a break, marijuana is practically a vegetable.
Find me successful republican who will make a major campaign point out of turning drug addicts into a medical issue to be handled by government funded healthcare. That's basically Bernie 2016.
Red states are suing the opiod family, what more do you want? Meth and fentanyl is brought in from Mexico, who's trying to put a stop to it?

Old 06-06-2019, 07:23 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,633,814 times
You need to have an authoritarian personality to be a cop. Authoritarianism greatly appeals to many conservatives and Republicans for their agenda. You can see it their party platforms.

Old 06-06-2019, 07:39 PM

48,521 posts, read 34,843,322 times
Not sure if there are actual numbers but I personally know quite a few police officers and military that did not vote for Trump.

Heck, at a retirement ceremony when they received some certificate signed by the president, there was a lot of laughter when they read out "signed President Trump".

Last party I was at had 11 police officers, two I know like trump, 8 do not like Trump, and the other I do not know.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 06-06-2019, 07:44 PM

10,400 posts, read 15,581,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nedergras View Post

This particular link shows nothing about President Obama going off on " White Cops".

Old 06-06-2019, 07:48 PM

1,074 posts, read 949,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
You need to have an authoritarian personality to be a cop. Authoritarianism greatly appeals to many conservatives and Republicans for their agenda. You can see it their party platforms.
Authoritarianism appeals to both sides.

You have Democrats who force you to support Black Lives Matter, force you to give up revolvers, guns or else.

It goes both ways.

Old 06-06-2019, 07:49 PM

1,074 posts, read 949,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
got a source for "most police officers voted for Donald trump over Hillary Clinton"? or is the assertion in your thread title your personal opinion?
https://www.bostonglobe.com/opinion/...2nO/story.html

https://www.policemag.com/342098/the...sidential-poll

Old 06-06-2019, 07:49 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,611,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
This is like asking why only 8% of Scientists ID as Republican!

It's basic political science. Authoritarians are, in our present system, to the Right of Center. Law and Order IS Authoritarian and so naturally would bend that way.

However, I would be fairly certain that this was not always the case.....that is, big polices forces in major cities were always beholden to the pols at the top, so the Boston Police or NYC Police would likely vote for the machine they kept them in their jobs.

Glad to provide some context here. I think the Scientist and Researcher things is really telling...that is, the likelihood of real innovators being Republican (ID as such) is incredibly low...so far low as to be almost unexplainable.
Lol. Liberals are the party of government control over everyone.

Old 06-06-2019, 07:52 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,611,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Not sure if there are actual numbers but I personally know quite a few police officers and military that did not vote for Trump.

Heck, at a retirement ceremony when they received some certificate signed by the president, there was a lot of laughter when they read out "signed President Trump".

Last party I was at had 11 police officers, two I know like trump, 8 do not like Trump, and the other I do not know.
I was at a party where half the people were on welfare and voted Hillary and the other half had jobs and voted Trump.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies