U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 06-07-2019, 08:51 AM
 
Location: Divided Tribes of America
13,704 posts, read 5,522,224 times
Reputation: 5383

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMak70 View Post
Ok, you have given the negative side of immigration, both legal and illegal, so let me give you some FACTS about the positives of immigration:

1) Immigrants are 14% of the total population of the U.S, but they started 1/4 of the new businesses in this country.

2) Immigrants earned over 1/3 of the Nobel Prizes in science given to those affiliated with U.S Universities.

3) One in four tech companies established in the U.S from 1995 to 2005 was founded by an immigrant, or who was the CEO, president, or chief technology officer.

4) About 71% if Silicon Valley tech workers are immigrants.

5) Of the 25 biggest public tech companies, 60% were founded by immigrants or their children. These are people like Steve Jobs, and Sergey Brin, of Google.

6) For every tech worker the country let's in, 5 American jobs are created.

And I could go on and on, but , unlike the distorted opinion of Trump and his followers, not every immigrant coming into this country is a murderer, thief , drug dealer, or here to suck off of our economy. Many participate in our economy and are productive members of our society.
Legal immigrants =/= illegal immigrants

Nice try, though.

 
Old 06-07-2019, 09:13 AM
 
11,448 posts, read 8,437,960 times
Reputation: 7085
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
As long as they can get free stuff from the Democrats many don't care about illegal immigration. Some of them feel a comaraderie with the illegals because they are minorities like themselves and would like nothing better than to see the continued dilution of the white race in our country.
My state has been controlled by very conservative people for at least 20 years.

If illegals are getting free stuff, it is ok with the Texas republican party.

Tell us what you would do with the illegals that are here. What about the people who were brought here as children? I'd spend every effort locating and sending them back to where they came from.

I have never seen any serious effort doing that. Nor has there ever been any serious effort checking employers. That tells me neither party cares a tinker's damn about illegals.

It's all about a wall now. What will a wall do about those already here?

Last edited by crone; 06-07-2019 at 09:30 AM..
 
Old 06-07-2019, 09:20 AM
 
Location: Houston
22,532 posts, read 11,596,628 times
Reputation: 9084
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Hemi View Post
This article leaves alot out. It doesnt even balance how much illegals pay in taxes, nor does it talk about how much they spend in this economy, nor does it talk about how much money goes to social security that they cannot claim. Its biased nonsense.
Exactly. It only shows one side of the ledger. Its like showing my household expenditures and not my income.
 
Old 06-07-2019, 09:24 AM
 
36,830 posts, read 16,368,917 times
Reputation: 9912
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
Legal immigrants =/= illegal immigrants

Nice try, though.
I guess he/she isn't aware that the topic is about illegal immigration not legal immigration? So why quote stats about the latter then?
 
Old 06-07-2019, 09:28 AM
 
36,830 posts, read 16,368,917 times
Reputation: 9912
Quote:
Originally Posted by WMak70 View Post
Ok, you have given the negative side of immigration, both legal and illegal, so let me give you some FACTS about the positives of immigration:

1) Immigrants are 14% of the total population of the U.S, but they started 1/4 of the new businesses in this country.

2) Immigrants earned over 1/3 of the Nobel Prizes in science given to those affiliated with U.S Universities.

3) One in four tech companies established in the U.S from 1995 to 2005 was founded by an immigrant, or who was the CEO, president, or chief technology officer.

4) About 71% if Silicon Valley tech workers are immigrants.

5) Of the 25 biggest public tech companies, 60% were founded by immigrants or their children. These are people like Steve Jobs, and Sergey Brin, of Google.

6) For every tech worker the country let's in, 5 American jobs are created.

And I could go on and on, but , unlike the distorted opinion of Trump and his followers, not every immigrant coming into this country is a murderer, thief , drug dealer, or here to suck off of our economy. Many participate in our economy and are productive members of our society.
The topic and the article is about illegal immigration. Are you confused?
 
Old 06-07-2019, 10:13 AM
 
623 posts, read 127,857 times
Reputation: 397
Quote:
Originally Posted by WMak70 View Post
Ok, you have given the negative side of immigration, both legal and illegal, so let me give you some FACTS about the positives of immigration:

1) Immigrants are 14% of the total population of the U.S, but they started 1/4 of the new businesses in this country.

2) Immigrants earned over 1/3 of the Nobel Prizes in science given to those affiliated with U.S Universities.

3) One in four tech companies established in the U.S from 1995 to 2005 was founded by an immigrant, or who was the CEO, president, or chief technology officer.

4) About 71% if Silicon Valley tech workers are immigrants.

5) Of the 25 biggest public tech companies, 60% were founded by immigrants or their children. These are people like Steve Jobs, and Sergey Brin, of Google.

6) For every tech worker the country let's in, 5 American jobs are created.

And I could go on and on, but , unlike the distorted opinion of Trump and his followers, not every immigrant coming into this country is a murderer, thief , drug dealer, or here to suck off of our economy. Many participate in our economy and are productive members of our society.
There are ZERO positives about 3rd world invasion aka immigration to America.
 
Old 06-07-2019, 11:37 AM
 
Location: Houston
22,532 posts, read 11,596,628 times
Reputation: 9084
False. In fact totally absurd.
 
Old 06-07-2019, 11:39 AM
 
281 posts, read 38,047 times
Reputation: 229
Quote:
Originally Posted by WMak70 View Post
Ok, you have given the negative side of immigration, both legal and illegal, so let me give you some FACTS about the positives of immigration:

1) Immigrants are 14% of the total population of the U.S, but they started 1/4 of the new businesses in this country.

2) Immigrants earned over 1/3 of the Nobel Prizes in science given to those affiliated with U.S Universities.

3) One in four tech companies established in the U.S from 1995 to 2005 was founded by an immigrant, or who was the CEO, president, or chief technology officer.

4) About 71% if Silicon Valley tech workers are immigrants.

5) Of the 25 biggest public tech companies, 60% were founded by immigrants or their children. These are people like Steve Jobs, and Sergey Brin, of Google.

6) For every tech worker the country let's in, 5 American jobs are created.

And I could go on and on, but , unlike the distorted opinion of Trump and his followers, not every immigrant coming into this country is a murderer, thief , drug dealer, or here to suck off of our economy. Many participate in our economy and are productive members of our society.

Cool story, bro. Now do one for ILLEGAL immigrants, which is the topic being discussed.


For people who deign themselves so much smarter than others, the left sure has a lot of problems with reading comprehension.
 
Old 06-07-2019, 11:45 AM
 
281 posts, read 38,047 times
Reputation: 229
Quote:
Originally Posted by dozerbear
The amount of taxes that the parents pay on their earnings, that they pay through property taxes passed through on their rent its not going to be as much as is spent on public education for their kids and food stamps for their kids.


This is one of those lies renters tell themselves anyway. As a renter you are NOT paying property taxes. The property owner pays the taxes.

The illegals paying rent are not contributing to the tax base. The landowner pays the taxes regardless of whether the tenant is in place, or not.

Tenants contribute to the income of their landlords, who deduct taxes, maintenance, etc. as operating expenses. You are not a "tax payer" as a renter. You have no idea what the landlord uses your particular rent money for.


But yeah, the original point remains. Illegals pop out a few kids that are American-by-default, and suddenly that family costs the tax payer tens of thousands per year (between public school/VPK, Medicaid, foodstamps...the taxpayers lose out. These costs are typically not included when looking at data on the costs and benefits of illegal immigration because... well... because manipulation and bias of reporters and "social scientists.")
 
Old 06-07-2019, 01:09 PM
 
Location: Houston
22,532 posts, read 11,596,628 times
Reputation: 9084
Quote:
Originally Posted by O.R.I.O.N View Post
There are ZERO positives about 3rd world invasion aka immigration to America.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AHenriques1147 View Post
This is one of those lies renters tell themselves anyway. As a renter you are NOT paying property taxes. The property owner pays the taxes.

The illegals paying rent are not contributing to the tax base. The landowner pays the taxes regardless of whether the tenant is in place, or not.

Tenants contribute to the income of their landlords, who deduct taxes, maintenance, etc. as operating expenses. You are not a "tax payer" as a renter. You have no idea what the landlord uses your particular rent money for.


But yeah, the original point remains. Illegals pop out a few kids that are American-by-default, and suddenly that family costs the tax payer tens of thousands per year (between public school/VPK, Medicaid, foodstamps...the taxpayers lose out. These costs are typically not included when looking at data on the costs and benefits of illegal immigration because... well... because manipulation and bias of reporters and "social scientists.")
Please, the renter (consumer) ultimately pays the property taxes just like consumers ultimately pay the tariffs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top