U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2019, 02:52 PM

1,091 posts, read 191,556 times

Advertisements

She is apart of the same Old Tired Black folk that believe gay marriage is a sin, smoking marijuana is a sin, and marrying outside your race is a sin.

No one ever said the Black community was a monolith or we all agreed with each other. Of course we say many things, no one outside of the Black community listens unless they believe they can exploit it. Hence why Republicans all of a sudden care about old school Black church goers, or at least this one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2019, 04:04 PM

13,821 posts, read 8,674,199 times
Black, White ...... ?....... I don't care. I'm pro choice. From the time you had unprotected sex, I'll give you 5 days to make your choice; that's how long you have to find and take the plan B pill.
But those who portend a problem affecting black women more than white ones have a point. Black women get abortions at a rate 3 times that of white women - this is, black people make up 12% of the population and have 37% of the abortions.
Blacks, on the other hand, make up 12.4% of the United States population, but are responsible for 32% of all abortions; while Hispanics make up 14.8% of the population are responsible for 20% of all abortions.
Abortion Statistics By Race

Not true in Mississippi, though. Around here, black people make up 40% of the population and account for 28% of the abortions.

Generally, pregnant black women have their babies in Mississippi. So fiddling with abortion restrictions will make little difference. FWIW, the fertility rate is down across the board. There is no growing population in Mississippi, no matter what color you are.

All interesting stuff. It is my belief that SCOTUS will find the heart beat bills legal, but it will be a few years coming down the road. Won't impact population at all.

Old 06-07-2019, 06:04 PM
Status: "Proud American, Always and Forever" (set 12 hours ago)

11,947 posts, read 6,391,471 times
I mean, what she said was factual. I'm tired of people getting bent out of shape for people telling the truth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies