Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2019, 10:13 PM

10,214 posts, read 15,925,047 times

Advertisements

https://thehill.com/policy/healthcar...n-day-genocide

ONe of the sponsors of the fetal heartbeat bill in Louisiana is black Democrat Katrina Jackson from a majority black district. She called abortion genocide and said that it diminishes the black population and hence reduces black political power. In this article she's quoted as mentioning "our race's power".

I guess if Roe vs Wade is repealed, there WILL be more blacks and Hispanics in the US and if current trends continue banning abortion will actually increase Democrat power since so many blacks and Hispanics are conditioned to vote Democrat.

So I'm glad she's pro-life but for the wrong reasons. But then racial based politics is a staple for Democrats though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2019, 10:16 PM

The interesting thing is that if these black Democrats are THAT serious about being pro-life then they really should support Trump for 2010 as the survival of these laws is dependent on Trump being able to appoint more conservative judges to the Supreme Court. Imagine what kind of judge AOC, Pocahontas, or Biden would appoint.

Old 06-06-2019, 10:21 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,193,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Lennox 70 View Post
The interesting thing is that if these black Democrats are THAT serious about being pro-life then they really should support Trump for 2010 as the survival of these laws is dependent on Trump being able to appoint more conservative judges to the Supreme Court. Imagine what kind of judge AOC, Pocahontas, or Biden would appoint.
Trump isn’t pro life. His constituents are. He never cared about abortion. Still doesn’t. And even if he was, that’s not enough of a reason to vote for him. If you’re a one issue voter, that’s your business. We don’t have that luxury.

BTW...her reason is racial, not racist. There’s a difference.

Old 06-06-2019, 11:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Trump isn’t pro life. His constituents are. He never cared about abortion. Still doesn’t. And even if he was, that’s not enough of a reason to vote for him. If you’re a one issue voter, that’s your business. We don’t have that luxury.

So I see that you as a black radical also agree with her views in THIS regard. Rather than think of yourself simply as an American people like you and her still focus on being black. She doesn't seem like the kind of person who would be okay with her kids getting married to white people, now THAT would dilute the black electorate. Whenever a black person becomes gay and doesn't reproduce that probably also decreases the black electorate.

So it seems like some blacks, like Palestinians, are into demographic warfare.

Old 06-07-2019, 12:04 AM

9,897 posts, read 3,429,020 times
Quote:

Wouldn't be if she were white. We all know this.

Old 06-07-2019, 12:48 AM

Quote:
So I see that you as a black radical also agree with her views in THIS regard. Rather than think of yourself simply as an American people like you and her still focus on being black. She doesn't seem like the kind of person who would be okay with her kids getting married to white people, now THAT would dilute the black electorate. Whenever a black person becomes gay and doesn't reproduce that probably also decreases the black electorate.

“Black radical?” Where in the hell did you pull that out of? I’m about as run of the mill in black folks as you’ll find. I have no idea what you’re talking about. You don’t either.

Moreover, who told you that I don’t think of myself “simply as an American?” What do you mean? As opposed to what exactly? What else can I be besides an American? “Focus on being black?” What? That’s akin to saying that I focus on breathing or focus on eating and drinking. I’m black. That’s not some peripheral or unimportant matter nor has it ever been in the history of this country. This country has spent most of its history reminding African Americans that they’re black. So now we’re bad because we’ve internalized this assertion after spending centuries being browbeaten with it? Why does blackness have to come on the terms set forth by non blacks, and not by blacks themselves?

As for the politician, you’re offering conjecture. You don’t know how she feels about who her kids marry. That’s irrelevant anyway. What’s it to you if blacks intermarry anyway? You’re not even white. The main point I’m making is that her reasoning is racial, but it’s not racist. Again, there IS a difference.

If you want to see nefarious intentions in her views, that’s your business and I’m not here to dissuade you from thinking that. Maybe she is a racist. But what she’s saying as it appertains to this issue is fairly standard reasoning for being anti abortion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolom View Post
Wouldn't be if she were white. We all know this.
That depends. Blacks and whites aren’t in the same position numerically, socially or financially.

However, let’s not pretend to be oblivious here. Many whites are against abortion for demographic reasons whether they say so or not, and they don’t have to say so for me to know it. Whites are looking for black allies in the abortion debate, but let’s be real; it ain’t because they wanna see more black babies being born. Of course you can pretend to disagree with me, but you know damn well that I’m touching a nerve.

I’m not cynical enough to believe that ALL anti abortion whites hold to that position because of demography, but I KNOW the absence of overt demographic reasoning in their rhetoric doesn’t mean that they aren’t considering it. They know that being too outspoken about holding onto their majority population status is a turn-off to potential allies in the abortion fight.

If many if not most white anti abortion activists could simply stop all white women from having abortions, they’d happily take that and run with it. It’d more than suffice as a compromise.

So if we’re gonna discuss this, let’s at least show some intellectual honesty, okay?

Old 06-07-2019, 12:56 AM

1,415 posts, read 1,094,398 times
Quote:

No better example then the son of late Supreme Court Justice Thurgood Marshall. Look up old Jr and his business dealings

Old 06-07-2019, 01:26 AM

9,897 posts, read 3,429,020 times
Quote:

That depends. Blacks and whites aren’t in the same position numerically, socially or financially.

However, let’s not pretend to be oblivious here. Many whites are against abortion for demographic reasons whether they say so or not, and they don’t have to say so for me to know it. Whites are looking for black allies in the abortion debate, but let’s be real; it ain’t because they wanna see more black babies being born. Of course you can pretend to disagree with me, but you know damn well that I’m touching a nerve.

I’m not cynical enough to believe that ALL anti abortion whites hold to that position because of demography, but I KNOW the absence of overt demographic reasoning in their rhetoric doesn’t mean that they aren’t considering it. They know that being too outspoken about holding onto their majority population status is a turn-off to potential allies in the abortion fight.

If many if not most white anti abortion activists could simply stop all white women from having abortions, they’d happily take that and run with it. It’d more than suffice as a compromise.

So if we’re gonna discuss this, let’s at least show some intellectual honesty, okay?
Sorry dude, most of the anti-abortion crowd are those who believe it's an abomination to God. It's the white supremacist set where you find the idea of more blacks getting abortion is ideal, your delusions notwithstanding.

Perhaps it's you who needs the intellectual honesty (and much less paranoia).

Old 06-07-2019, 02:16 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 22 days ago)

29,550 posts, read 16,539,320 times
Quote:
Sorry dude, most of the anti-abortion crowd are those who believe it's an abomination to God. It's the white supremacist set where you find the idea of more blacks getting abortion is ideal, your delusions notwithstanding.

There are a couple of people on this forum who make the argument that they are glad abortions happen to keep down the black population, and on the other end, conservatives who claim black people shouldnt get abortions as to help grow the population.

If you need national figures who the right wing lets spew those arguments, look no further than Katrina Parsons(sp?) and Candace Owens.

Old 06-07-2019, 02:25 AM

Quote:

Abomination to God?

Staaaaaaaaaahp it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
There are a couple of people on this forum who make the argument that they are glad abortions happen to keep down the black population, and on the other end, conservatives who claim black people shouldnt get abortions as to help grow the population.

If you need national figures who the right wing lets spew those arguments, look no further than Katrina Parsons(sp?) and Candace Owens.
He’s actually one of those posters. Lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies