U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-03-2019, 04:58 PM

5,665 posts, read 1,518,881 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
Public address??? Tanks rolled out, planes flying over...come on...He's the one who wants to cut fat...he is the worst and all big splash in his gold plate fixtures in his mega priced buildings.

As usual all about HIM and his fools love him. He's such a SHAME....
"This is the moment when the rise of the oceans began to slow and our planet began to heal." Barack Obama

Old 07-03-2019, 05:02 PM

9,090 posts, read 2,811,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
Love that CNN and NPR are running essentially 24/7 coverage about this, with negative headlines, as if it's the end of the world!
It's not the end of the world, but the fact that 90 million dollars is being wasted on a Trump fest is pretty stunning. That 90 million could go toward helping a lot of people, namely the migrant children at the border who aren't getting bathed, fed and cared for properly.

Old 07-03-2019, 05:06 PM

461 posts, read 83,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
It's not the end of the world, but the fact that 90 million dollars is being wasted on a Trump fest is pretty stunning. That 90 million could go toward helping a lot of people, namely the migrant children at the border who aren't getting bathed, fed and cared for properly.
Hell with them.

I pay taxes, they donít, and Iíll take the parade instead.

Old 07-03-2019, 05:08 PM

Quote:
"This is the moment when the rise of the oceans began to slow and our planet began to heal." Barack Obama
I have to admit, his aspirations were a little high at that point, lol. Sure as hell isn't happening with even the puny regulations we had in place being reversed though. At least we were trying under Obama.

Old 07-03-2019, 05:09 PM

Quote:
I have to admit, his aspirations were a little high at that point, lol. Sure as hell isn't happening with even the puny regulations we had in place being reversed though. At least we were trying under Obama.
Hehe, but you have to admit that that was a bit megalomaniac as well! My point being, that anyone who makes it to the presidency, most likely has such tendencies.

Old 07-03-2019, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirage98de View Post
Hell with them.

I pay taxes, they donít, and Iíll take the parade instead.
And this right here is the problem. I pay taxes too, but don't want the parade. Many of the military chiefs are having a little heartburn themselves because they know how Trump will politicize even the most non-political event.

Old 07-03-2019, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Hehe, but you have to admit that that was a bit megalomaniac as well! My point being, that anyone who makes it to the presidency, most likely has such tendencies.
EB, I do believe this is the first time you and I have agreed on anything, lol.

Old 07-03-2019, 05:11 PM

9,626 posts, read 4,394,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKO View Post
“You have to love a nation that celebrates its independence every July 4, not with a parade of guns, tanks, and soldiers who file by the White House in a show of strength and muscle, but with family picnics ...”

— Erma Bombeck
And this from Dwight Eisenhower, when asked if the United States should have a military parade to show off its' might responded:

"Absolutely not. We are the pre-eminent power on Earth. For us to try and imitate what the Soviets are doing in Red Square would make us look weak."--Dwight David Eisenhower.

Now who has more credibility? The man who led the D-day invasion? Or the man who dodged the draft with an ingrown toenail?

Last edited by r small; 07-03-2019 at 05:21 PM..

Old 07-03-2019, 05:19 PM

461 posts, read 83,643 times
Quote:
And this right here is the problem. I pay taxes too, but don't want the parade. Many of the military chiefs are having a little heartburn themselves because they know how Trump will politicize even the most non-political event.
And the next time we get a leftist in the White House, they will blow the cash on illegals and abortions for transgenders instead.

One group of tax payers always gets screwed over, such is life.

Old 07-03-2019, 05:23 PM

Quote:
EB, I do believe this is the first time you and I have agreed on anything, lol.
Hehe, a first time for everything! Let's heal this nation!

But, in all seriousness, I feel like Trump is wanting to send a message to North Korea, China and Iran. I personally, don't really like the thought of the tanks and the military aspect, but I suspect that is what he's thinking.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or