Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2019, 12:20 PM

16,352 posts, read 8,094,094 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eureka1 View Post
YES, the people do in fact own the "Public square" called the Mall. It has never before been used for partisan politics and after we get rid of this jackass, it never will be again.
The National mall. "Americas front yard." Will Trump treat it with respect? I doubt it.

Old 06-08-2019, 12:37 PM

23,974 posts, read 15,078,314 times
The men who signed the Declaration of Independence knew when they did it they were putting a target on their backs.

Is Donald Trump willing to risk everything he owns and the lives of everyone he loves? When that happens he can decide where the nation gets to celebrate and give thanks for those brave and generous people.

The 4th of July celebration and Thanksgiving are the 2 holidays all Americans have in common.

Trump needs to sit down and shut up.

Old 06-08-2019, 02:36 PM

14,968 posts, read 9,807,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by corpgypsy View Post
This celebration in D.C. has been a non-partisan and apolitical event for more than 50 years. The only entity attempting to control and transform the Independence Day tradition is the authoritarian in the White House. The real question that Americans should be asking: Why are the Trumpers and Trump desiring to change a successful and annually attended celebration of unity into one of political partisanship? Why do they want to make it about one man when Independence Day is about ALL Americans?

If continued divisiveness and intentional hate mongering and goose stepping adherence is the goal then those attempting to co-opt a celebration of the exact opposite are the ones to be questioned, not the very Americans attempting to salvage a long standing symbol and day of unity. Those Americans are not necessarily Democrats, either, as every issue does not belong under an R or a D, despite the OP's attempt to convince you otherwise.
Your premise is correct, but your message dialogue meant to divide people by take some pseudo moral high ground. Lets judge the event when it happens.... what a novel idea! Listen ... You can't hate someone and expect others to hate him too. Hang a flag, drink a beer with family, friends and neighbors and live like John Hancock signed his name on the fourth.

The Queen of England told me to wish y'all happy treason day.

Old 06-08-2019, 03:01 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,455,334 times
Why do democrats care where Trump decides to give a July 4th public address ? Do they think they own the public square ?

Does Donny? ... no, he doesn't. We all own the public square jointly. Trump has about a 1/328,926,114th of it in common with us, the same share as mine or yours.

Presidents don't need to be involved in that, it's a celebration by the people. Historically presidents have kept out of it, and blissfully left us with a non -partisan celebration for all Americans.

Only one other president tried to take over the Capital's 4th celebration, and that was for political purposes: Richard Nixon, and even he had enough sense to stay away from the machinations. Did not turn out well.

He should keep his partisan political nonsense out of it, the celebration is for us all, the people. His narcissism and political grandstanding will just spoil it for everyone.

Old 06-08-2019, 08:21 PM

7,420 posts, read 2,709,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_n_Tenn View Post
Your premise is correct, but your message dialogue meant to divide people by take some pseudo moral high ground. Lets judge the event when it happens.... what a novel idea! Listen ... You can't hate someone and expect others to hate him too. Hang a flag, drink a beer with family, friends and neighbors and live like John Hancock signed his name on the fourth.

The Queen of England told me to wish y'all happy treason day.
If the post of mine, that you criticized, had not been in direct response to a poster who utilized divisive language that accused the Democrats and only the Democrats of being responsible (for everything) I'd think your words fair. As it was, though, I just turned his words and very narrowmindedness around to make my point. This event in D.C. is for all of America not about any one person.

Peace.

Old 06-08-2019, 08:30 PM

32,062 posts, read 15,058,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Oh but he can !!!

democrat tears will put out the stray fires from the fireworks !!!

That will save the city a lot of money !!!
No he can't, sorry. And it's not saving the city money. The fireworks in DC is a well oiled machine until Trump decided to change it. Changing it will only cost more money. Do you live here or have even been to the fireworks. If not, then you really don't know anything about it.

Old 06-08-2019, 08:32 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,852,928 times
Sounds like a great event and the Democrats are whining... Again... Life moves forward, and Trump is still the greatest president ever...

Old 06-09-2019, 02:25 AM

8,553 posts, read 10,975,842 times
The 4th of July is a celebration of America, by Americans, and the last time I checked, our President is indeed an American.
He can celebrate this great country any way he sees fit.
He is a proud American, and wants to share that proud love of country with the rest of the nation.
I see nothing wrong with that.
People opposed to the President representing the country on it's birthday should no be allowed to be a part of this country.
Perhaps they would feel more at home in Venezuela.

Bob..

Old 06-09-2019, 01:11 PM

3,357 posts, read 1,233,658 times
For years we’ve eagerly waited for “The Capital Fourth” concert to be broadcast on PBS. I love the military band and the patriotic songs. Now it will be spoiled by politics. Wish he could have his own private fireworks at his resort.

Old 06-19-2019, 01:44 PM

7,800 posts, read 4,399,488 times
Default Will Lil' Boy Trump get his Military Parade this 4th?

We all know that Trump has been fantasizing about a military parade for some time. It now looks like he may get it. It appears it will not be the one with tanks, rockets and nuclear weapons like his buds Kim and Vlad have rolling down the boulevard. It looks to be a tiny military parade. Apparently, the boob in chief wants air force one or one of its sister planes to fly over the Washington Mall along with "military demonstrations along the mall (whatever than means). How pathetic can you get.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...e-flyover.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies