U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-08-2019, 02:07 PM

3,587 posts, read 1,192,088 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
The point is that if they annoy enough people with their liberal causes - MACYs is notorious for their liberal stances - they will drive off more customers than they can spare. And apparently I'm not the only one. Have you seen what's happened to their stock price?
Their stock dropping has nothing to do with their "liberal stances."

If that were the case, Amazon would be out of business right now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2019, 02:11 PM

761 posts, read 251,718 times
i save my gay apparel for Christmas as in "don we now our gay apparel

Old 06-08-2019, 02:12 PM

3,337 posts, read 644,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakformonday View Post
OP, a corporation cares about making money. They do what the customer wants. You may not like it but you are now in the minority. Your side lost the culture war.

But, I think your real issue is that you may suffer from a generalized anxiety disorder. When day to day life triggers you into a meltdown, you know something is wrong. I would talk to my doctor or, actually, find a therapist that you can discuss your issues with modern life. They can teach you tools to deal with issues that trigger you like someone asking for you to donate to a feral cat non-profit or an LGBTQ homeless shelter. I get it. For some, life can be overwhelming when we feel like we don't fit in.

Maybe you can find it in your heart to have empathy for others that also don't fit in but have it much worse than you. You may hate me for who I am but I offer my light to you. Good luck and hugs.
I'm in the minority? You think the majority of people like being asked to donate money at every turn?

And "my side" lost the culture war? You think so? Remind me again....who's the president?

And thanks for your concern about my mental health, and my lack of empathy, and how I "don't fit in" and all the other back-handed remarks. Let me guess.....you're a liberal. Making negative judgments about people you don't know. And I bet you think you're being magnanimous offering your "light" to me.

Old 06-08-2019, 02:14 PM

8,886 posts, read 2,758,586 times
Quote:
The point is that if they annoy enough people with their liberal causes - MACYs is notorious for their liberal stances - they will drive off more customers than they can spare. And apparently I'm not the only one. Have you seen what's happened to their stock price?
I get asked at numerous grocery stores if I want to give money to this or that charity. I don't think it has anything to do with liberal causes. I do think it's good to take care of those less fortunate.

Old 06-08-2019, 02:17 PM

4,416 posts, read 1,888,304 times
Quote:
I'm in the minority? You think the majority of people like being asked to donate money at every turn?

And "my side" lost the culture war? You think so? Remind me again....who's the president?

And thanks for your concern about my mental health, and my lack of empathy, and how I "don't fit in" and all the other back-handed remarks. Let me guess.....you're a liberal. Making negative judgments about people you don't know. And I bet you think you're being magnanimous offering your "light" to me.
Love will set you free. XXOO

Old 06-08-2019, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
I get asked at numerous grocery stores if I want to give money to this or that charity. I don't think it has anything to do with liberal causes. I do think it's good to take care of those less fortunate.
Yes, I agree. That's why I give to all sorts of charities - from medical care to homeless animals. I just don't like being asked every single time I conduct a transation, and sometimes rather aggressively.

Old 06-08-2019, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Love will set you free. XXOO
Anyone ever tell you you're extremely passive-aggressive? Maybe YOU should be the one going for therapy.

Old 06-08-2019, 02:28 PM

7,576 posts, read 2,225,450 times
Quote:
OP, a corporation cares about making money. They do what the customer wants. You may not like it but you are now in the minority. Your side lost the culture war.

But, I think your real issue is that you may suffer from a generalized anxiety disorder. When day to day life triggers you into a meltdown, you know something is wrong. I would talk to my doctor or, actually, find a therapist that you can discuss your issues with modern life. They can teach you tools to deal with issues that trigger you like someone asking for you to donate to a feral cat non-profit or an LGBTQ homeless shelter. I get it. For some, life can be overwhelming when we feel like we don't fit in.

Maybe you can find it in your heart to have empathy for others that also don't fit in but have it much worse than you. You may hate me for who I am but I offer my light to you. Good luck and hugs.
What to see people being triggered? Watch this. It's really clear who gets triggered and what the triggers are.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vKlQVfsUG4

Maybe start a mental health fund for the people in the video? I have not doubts that people in this thread would support THAT cause.

Truth is your friend. Lots of love, light, kisses, hugs, rainbows and unicorns. Here's to safe spaces, crayons and complete isolation in a social feedback loop. Because, you know, life is so overwhelming, its just easier not to go out in it at all. And get mad at those who are actually living in it.

Old 06-08-2019, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Anyone ever tell you you're extremely passive-aggressive? Maybe YOU should be the one going for therapy.
OK, you get it. I'm being somewhat factitious but the meaning is real. I don't say these things to people in real life but I feel like you could use it.

The culture war was lost. Yes, we have a Nationalist president that has brought hatred out of the shadows but his base represent a minority of Americans. BUT, the base is large enough that they can do some damage and they already have. The American empire was going down, as all empires do, but trump has fast-tracked it. I'm hopeful that we can repair the damage after 2020 (yes, I know trump could get re-elected--shiver...) We shall see.

Old 06-08-2019, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
What to see people being triggered? Watch this. It's really clear who gets triggered and what the triggers are.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vKlQVfsUG4

Maybe start a mental health fund for the people in the video? I have not doubts that people in this thread would support THAT cause.

Truth is your friend. Lots of love, light, kisses, hugs, rainbows and unicorns. Here's to safe spaces, crayons and complete isolation in a social feedback loop. Because, you know, life is so overwhelming, its just easier not to go out in it at all. And get mad at those who are actually living in it.
??? What makes you think I care about or support all of those in the video. This posting is about a right wing Jew that is triggered by being asked for money to support things like LGBTQ causes, kittens, homeless people asking for money, etc. I get hit up all the time too but it doesn't affect my life. I say no or I donate and move on with my life. I'm not the one that needs a safe space. The OP does. Re-read the 1st posting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or