U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 06-09-2019, 10:57 AM
 
14,188 posts, read 6,438,935 times
Reputation: 14640

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
I don't care if Amazon sells Muslim prayer rugs, and I'm not offended if MACYs were to sell them. And I could care less about a Rainbow logo. (Another liberal trying to call bigot.....so typical.) I WOULD find it annoying if MACYs asked me for a donation at the POS to raise money for Muslim prayer rugs, and made a PA announcement about their drive for Muslim rugs every 10 minutes. Corporations should not be asking customers to support partisan causes that benefit a small percentage of people.
Oh really? How come you haven't mentioned red nose day? Does that fill you with rage as well? How about the bell ringers for Salvation Army that plant themselves in front of the entrances to grocery stores for a full month & a half around the holidays?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-09-2019, 10:58 AM
 
3,420 posts, read 660,807 times
Reputation: 2421
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
I think this is more prevalent in some areas of the country than others. But it is happening everywhere where I live, too. Pretty much all stores. Some all the time, some only certain times of the year for whatever drive they are doing. I would guess it is mostly in affluent areas where people are more likely to give to charity [hint]. Which may be why people's experience differ.
Not sure what the hint is. I do live in an affluent area, and I do give to charity. Doesn't mean I am more likely to give it to retailers supporting partisan causes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-09-2019, 11:00 AM
 
18,935 posts, read 9,650,342 times
Reputation: 5305
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahzzie View Post
So because a company chose to be inclusive and treat people that live different lifestyles than us as human beings is a reason to fly into a rage and denounce the whole company? I don't think so. You people need to lighten up and realize that those who are different have every right to live their lives exactly as they see fit, same as you and I.
Inclusive of only leftist idiocy. That’s your inclusiveness.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-09-2019, 11:03 AM
 
3,420 posts, read 660,807 times
Reputation: 2421
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Oh really? How come you haven't mentioned red nose day? Does that fill you with rage as well? How about the bell ringers for Salvation Army that plant themselves in front of the entrances to grocery stores for a full month & a half around the holidays?
HUh? First, I don't know what Red Nose Day is, unless it's something to do with Santa's reindeer. As as far as the Salvation Army ringers, I give to them.

For a "tolerant" liberal, you sure are going on the attack. Did you condemn the liberals who boycotted Chik-Filet because the owner as against gay marriage? And that was worse. It was just the owner's opinion, and liberals boycotted. It's not like the owner asked his customers to give him money to support his cause.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-09-2019, 11:03 AM
 
955 posts, read 376,509 times
Reputation: 1758
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
I don't care if Amazon sells Muslim prayer rugs, and I'm not offended if MACYs were to sell them. And I could care less about a Rainbow logo. (Another liberal trying to call bigot.....so typical.) I WOULD find it annoying if MACYs asked me for a donation at the POS to raise money for Muslim prayer rugs, and made a PA announcement about their drive for Muslim rugs every 10 minutes. Corporations should not be asking customers to support partisan causes that benefit a small percentage of people.
This might be the first time we agree on something. I hate businesses that allow those Salvation Army moochers to camp out front. They ring their stupid bells and try to shove their religion down my throat with their “God bless yous.”
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-09-2019, 11:05 AM
 
14,188 posts, read 6,438,935 times
Reputation: 14640
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
HUh? First, I don't know what Red Nose Day is, unless it's something to do with Santa's reindeer. As as far as the Salvation Army ringers, I give to them.

For a "tolerant" liberal, you sure are going on the attack. Did you condemn the liberals who boycotted Chik-Filet because the owner as against gay marriage? And that was worse. It was just the owner's opinion, and liberals boycotted. It's not like the owner asked his customers to give him money to support his cause.
No no, you're the one on the attack. You've never heard of red nose day? It's to end child poverty. Too lefty for you? So you give to salvation army, do you do it without rage? What about breast cancer? Too feminist? Go ahead & deflect to some restaurant, it's what you guys do best.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-09-2019, 11:06 AM
 
3,420 posts, read 660,807 times
Reputation: 2421
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahzzie View Post
So because a company chose to be inclusive and treat people that live different lifestyles than us as human beings is a reason to fly into a rage and denounce the whole company? I don't think so. You people need to lighten up and realize that those who are different have every right to live their lives exactly as they see fit, same as you and I.
Yikes. Another enraged liberal. Same question: why you enraged at the leftists who tries to run Chik-Filet because the owner opposed gay marriage?

Again, gays can live their life however they choose. I don't care. I just don't want to be nagged about giving to partisan causes at the check-out counter, every time I go to make a purchase. Sometimes, they're obnoxious about it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-09-2019, 11:11 AM
 
3,420 posts, read 660,807 times
Reputation: 2421
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
No no, you're the one on the attack. You've never heard of red nose day? It's to end child poverty. Too lefty for you? So you give to salvation army, do you do it without rage? What about breast cancer? Too feminist? Go ahead & deflect to some restaurant, it's what you guys do best.
Wow! More rage from the leftist.

NO, I never heard of Red Nose Day, but I've given to childhood causes for years. I even had a Save-A-Child! And I've donated to breast cancer research too. What in the world is your point?

And the restaurant example isn't a deflection. (Nice try when you don't have a way to refute my point.) You're showing your nasty, intolerant liberal side because I criticize a store asking me to donate money to partisan causes at the check-out, but you're fine with liberals trying to destroy a man's business because he dared say he didn't think gay people should marry?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-09-2019, 11:15 AM
 
14,188 posts, read 6,438,935 times
Reputation: 14640
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
Wow! More rage from the leftist.

NO, I never heard of Red Nose Day, but I've given to childhood causes for years. I even had a Save-A-Child! And I've donated to breast cancer research too. What in the world is your point?

And the restaurant example isn't a deflection. (Nice try when you don't have a way to refute my point.) You're showing your nasty, intolerant liberal side because I criticize a store asking me to donate money to partisan causes at the check-out, but you're fine with liberals trying to destroy a man's business because he dared say he didn't think gay people should marry?
Nah, you don't care if it's partisan, you only care if it's the wrong kind of partisan. As noted, you don't appear to mind the salvation army bell ringers, you don't appear to mind donations for cancer research. How about ending animal cruelty, does that trigger you? Nah, your anger is partisan. Duly noted.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-09-2019, 11:15 AM
 
3,420 posts, read 660,807 times
Reputation: 2421
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahzzie View Post
So because a company chose to be inclusive and treat people that live different lifestyles than us as human beings is a reason to fly into a rage and denounce the whole company? I don't think so. You people need to lighten up and realize that those who are different have every right to live their lives exactly as they see fit, same as you and I.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Inclusive of only leftist idiocy. That’s your inclusiveness.
Exactly! The leftist right above is going on about how I'm denouncing an entire company for their annoying partisan politics, yet he would be the first to defend the liberals' attempt to destroy a company because they don't agree with the owner's personal opinion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top