U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-09-2019, 12:35 PM

12,609 posts, read 3,205,603 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahzzie View Post
Exactly. I don't agree with the Chick-Fil-A stance on gay marriage but that's none of my business. I'm not gay so it doesn't matter to me in the slightest. They make a damn good chicken sandwich so I eat there from time to time not caring in the slightest about what their political stances are. A gay person may feel differently and choose not to patronize them. I don't let any of that ruin my day.
Does someone need to be gay or black or female to care "in the slightest" about the injustice others may face? Sometimes I really have to wonder just how uncaring, indifferent and/or self-centered people can be...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2019, 12:40 PM

29,984 posts, read 16,580,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
Yikes. Another enraged liberal. Same question: why you enraged at the leftists who tries to run Chik-Filet because the owner opposed gay marriage?

Again, gays can live their life however they choose. I don't care. I just don't want to be nagged about giving to partisan causes at the check-out counter, every time I go to make a purchase. Sometimes, they're obnoxious about it.
^^^^ Says the poster who started a thread about being enraged by Gilette razors, and Macy's for daring to ask you for a donation.

Give me a break. Level 10 case of projection here.

Old 06-09-2019, 12:48 PM

6,542 posts, read 3,650,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
Yes, it IS every single place. If I go to five stops, plus lunch, I will be asked for donations six times.

It's amazing how liberals are still convinced that they're such nice, tolerant people.
What a wing-nut pity party. Nobody is twisting your arm or holding a gun to your head. Cry me a river.

Old 06-09-2019, 01:03 PM

5,412 posts, read 2,737,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Inclusive of only leftist idiocy. That’s your inclusiveness.

It is? I had no idea. I have conservative friends and we get along just fine. I don't try to push my ideology on them nor do they try to push theirs on me. But I guess it makes you feel better to label people you don't know.

Old 06-09-2019, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
Does someone need to be gay or black or female to care "in the slightest" about the injustice others may face? Sometimes I really have to wonder just how uncaring, indifferent and/or self-centered people can be...

I care about it but I have no skin in the game so what would you have me do? Having said that I support those who face injustice in the best way I can: at the voting booth. I find the modern Conservative/Evangelical movement abhorrent and will do my part to stop it by talking about it and voting accordingly.

Old 06-09-2019, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_n_Tenn View Post
let me ask... and please feel free to explain with a secular understanding of what it is to be treated like a human being, but if that same message was about religion, would our left leaning people of 'tolerance' be tolerant?

Imagine how Chic Fil-A feels? and they're just a Christian business who serves everyone without hesitation.

Is that you Francis? if it is... lighten up.

It depends. There's a huge difference between having religious convictions and trying to push those convictions onto those who do not wish to live by them. You can have whatever nut-case religious ideals you want as long as they don't interfere with others' life choices. Live and let live.

Old 06-09-2019, 01:37 PM

3,315 posts, read 640,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
^^^^ Says the poster who started a thread about being enraged by Gilette razors, and Macy's for daring to ask you for a donation.

Give me a break. Level 10 case of projection here.
Except I didn't start a thread about Gilette razor, and I'm not "enraged" about Macy's "daring to ask for a donation." I simply said it is ANNOYING for MACYs, along with every other retail establishment to ask for charitable donations to partisan causes every time a person makes a simple purchase.

And liberals have gone on the attack as a result.....with comments about my needing therapy, snide remarks about "not fitting into society," etc, etc,, and why? Because I expressed an opinion leftists disagree with.

Old 06-09-2019, 01:38 PM

1,350 posts, read 586,784 times
I agree. It's not a big deal.

Old 06-09-2019, 01:39 PM

4,416 posts, read 1,886,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Partial Observer View Post
No, I don't respect illegal aliens who rush the border throwing rocks. I also don't approve of the ones who just sneak in, but I have a hard time being mad at the ones who are fleeing bad situations. I have little doubt that most people here would do the same if the roles were reversed.

As for you, you've lost my respect because, based on your posts, your wrath comes from a very dark, self-centered place.

You've made it very clear that you're a conservative Jew who feels persecuted because of her faith, which is fine. But you've also made it very clear that you despise Muslims, people who defend Muslims, and any cause that is even loosely associated with "liberals." In fact, you seem to have a very difficult time posting anything without drawing a line down the middle of the political spectrum and putting everyone left of center into a big bucket.

I don't respect people with such a binary, black-and-white, us-versus-them view of the world. I can support a path to citizenship for most illegal immigrants without condoning murderous gangs. I can support black rights without supporting Antifa and its methods. I can be tolerant of Jews without trashing Muslims. I can support transgender people and still think it's crazy to completely eliminate gender pronouns. I can think Donald Trump sucks without supporting Hillary Clinton.

You (meaning you personally, not "all conservatives") don't seem to be capable of grasping this kind of nuance. The fact that your first instinct was to assume I support Mexicans hurling rocks is a prime example.
Spot on. This sums up this particular site to a T for me. Like you, I have no rage or anger towards posters like the OP. This particular one is not sticking on point but clearly lives in a very black and white world with no room for nuance. Plus, the anger and rage is definitely coming through from her - or is it a him.

OP, deep breath, life is not ruined b/c a cashier asked you to round up your bill to donate to a homeless shelter for LGBTQ youth or whatever cause makes your blood boil.

Old 06-09-2019, 01:42 PM

3,315 posts, read 640,659 times
I should have run an experiment. I should have said that MACYs was making announcements every 10 minutes about their fund-raising efforts for the NRA, and then, at the checkout, asked me to donate money to help protect the rights of gun owners. The Libs on this forum would have gone craaaaaazy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or