U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2019, 01:42 PM

4,497 posts, read 882,413 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
Adding Disney to my list of boycotted companies. Advocating for killing babies? Seriously.
I doubt Walt would approve of abortions outside of rape or incest or to save the woman's body.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2019, 01:44 PM

3,362 posts, read 649,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakformonday View Post
Spot on. This sums up this particular site to a T for me. Like you, I have no rage or anger towards posters like the OP. This particular one is not sticking on point but clearly lives in a very black and white world with no room for nuance. Plus, the anger and rage is definitely coming through from her - or is it a him.

OP, deep breath, life is not ruined b/c a cashier asked you to round up your bill to donate to a homeless shelter for LGBTQ youth or whatever cause makes your blood boil.
Aren't you the passive-aggressive one who said I needed therapy to deal with my not fitting into society and my lack of empathy - and that you wanted to offer me your "light"?

Old 06-09-2019, 01:47 PM

6,520 posts, read 7,461,791 times
This leftist infiltration of corporate America is a big problem. The enemy has correctly figured out that for now at least the large corporations hold ALOT of power. They decide what products we consume, they employ us and they hold massive sway over the politicians. Through decades of boycotts and lawsuits they have installed diversity departments in all these companies and created an HR and PR system that forcibly promotes left wing social causes like racial identity politics or pro homosexual and transgender stances just to name a few. Consumers are now spoon fed this garbage through advertising and employees are fired or threatened with it if they make conservatives stances that challenge the leftists dogma. While it is legal (any liberal will proudly proclaim this fact) it is still an end run around your first amendment rights. Your employer has a right to silence you even when the government does not.

In response to this vile threat posed by the enemy I propose these tactics to protect our rights.

1. State laws that forbid employers from taking action against employees for exercising their free speech rights outside of work. Let’s take the teeth out of the corporate HR departments P.C. wing. No more terminations for offending people on the internet, attendance at political rallies etc.

2. Conservative groups need to jointly publish a list of corporations that promote leftist SJW nonsense and hold them to account for it. The worst offenders should be targeted with massive boycotts and we conservatives need to stay with the program. Target is an example of a far left company that could really be wounded. What a message we would send if we can bankrupt one of them and shut them down. That would send a message, it would deter others from going down that path.

3. Use lawsuits to hamper their efforts where we can. Corporations whose executives use shareholders investments to promote a political agenda are misusing those funds are they not? When a company like Target has its stock value and earnings take a hit because of politically related boycotts causes by the executives politically motivate decisions regarding corporate policy then I believe they should be held liable personally for those loses. This is gross misuse of their power, misuse of investors funds and they deserve to be held to account for it.

Corporations exist to make a profit for the shareholders. They do not exist to promote a leftist agenda that in the end will make profit impossible. These theee actions would restore corporations to their core mission of making money. It would also reaffirm our national commitment to free speech. The left should not be allowed to continue to use corporate America as a hammer to beat us into submission.

Old 06-09-2019, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Partial Observer View Post
No, I don't respect illegal aliens who rush the border throwing rocks. I also don't approve of the ones who just sneak in, but I have a hard time being mad at the ones who are fleeing bad situations. I have little doubt that most people here would do the same if the roles were reversed.

As for you, you've lost my respect because, based on your posts, your wrath comes from a very dark, self-centered place.

You've made it very clear that you're a conservative Jew who feels persecuted because of her faith, which is fine. But you've also made it very clear that you despise Muslims, people who defend Muslims, and any cause that is even loosely associated with "liberals." In fact, you seem to have a very difficult time posting anything without drawing a line down the middle of the political spectrum and putting everyone left of center into a big bucket.

I don't respect people with such a binary, black-and-white, us-versus-them view of the world. I can support a path to citizenship for most illegal immigrants without condoning murderous gangs. I can support black rights without supporting Antifa and its methods. I can be tolerant of Jews without trashing Muslims. I can support transgender people and still think it's crazy to completely eliminate gender pronouns. I can think Donald Trump sucks without supporting Hillary Clinton.

You (meaning you personally, not "all conservatives") don't seem to be capable of grasping this kind of nuance. The fact that your first instinct was to assume I support Mexicans hurling rocks is a prime example.
You're crossing over into a different thread topic, but you are referring to my quoting a study that showed Muslim immigrants to Europe were causing a rise in European anti-semitism. That of course enraged liberals - and you and others went to the extreme black/white thinking you accuse me of.

I can acknowledge that there are many fine Muslims with good values, and ALSO can acknowledge that Muslims immigrants in Europe are bringing with them antisemitic attitudes and causing a rise in anti-Jew violence. But if you want to go back to attacking me for saying something aBout Muslim violence against Jews in Europe, go back to that thread.

Old 06-09-2019, 01:51 PM

4,416 posts, read 1,888,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
Aren't you the passive-aggressive one who said I needed therapy to deal with my not fitting into society and my lack of empathy - and that you wanted to offer me your "light"?
I did recommend you seek therapy as your reaction of rage and anger is not normal. Bottom line, you need help as darkness rules you. I'm sure you can easily find someone in your area. Using this site to vent your anger is not helping. In fact, it is making your issues worse. I wish you well.

Old 06-09-2019, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakformonday View Post
I did recommend you seek therapy as your reaction of rage and anger is not normal. Bottom line, you need help as darkness rules you. I'm sure you can easily find someone in your area. Using this site to vent your anger is not helping. In fact, it is making your issues worse. I wish you well.
OH, thank you so much. You're very kind.

Old 06-09-2019, 01:55 PM

18,837 posts, read 9,626,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
OH, thank you so much. You're very kind.
By therapy, he meant gulag or re-education through hard labor.

Old 06-09-2019, 01:59 PM

8,897 posts, read 2,760,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielj72 View Post
This leftist infiltration of corporate America is a big problem. The enemy has correctly figured out that for now at least the large corporations hold ALOT of power. They decide what products we consume, they employ us and they hold massive sway over the politicians. Through decades of boycotts and lawsuits they have installed diversity departments in all these companies and created an HR and PR system that forcibly promotes left wing social causes like racial identity politics or pro homosexual and transgender stances just to name a few. Consumers are now spoon fed this garbage through advertising and employees are fired or threatened with it if they make conservatives stances that challenge the leftists dogma. While it is legal (any liberal will proudly proclaim this fact) it is still an end run around your first amendment rights. Your employer has a right to silence you even when the government does not.

In response to this vile threat posed by the enemy I propose these tactics to protect our rights.

1. State laws that forbid employers from taking action against employees for exercising their free speech rights outside of work. Letís take the teeth out of the corporate HR departments P.C. wing. No more terminations for offending people on the internet, attendance at political rallies etc.

2. Conservative groups need to jointly publish a list of corporations that promote leftist SJW nonsense and hold them to account for it. The worst offenders should be targeted with massive boycotts and we conservatives need to stay with the program. Target is an example of a far left company that could really be wounded. What a message we would send if we can bankrupt one of them and shut them down. That would send a message, it would deter others from going down that path.

3. Use lawsuits to hamper their efforts where we can. Corporations whose executives use shareholders investments to promote a political agenda are misusing those funds are they not? When a company like Target has its stock value and earnings take a hit because of politically related boycotts causes by the executives politically motivate decisions regarding corporate policy then I believe they should be held liable personally for those loses. This is gross misuse of their power, misuse of investors funds and they deserve to be held to account for it.

Corporations exist to make a profit for the shareholders. They do not exist to promote a leftist agenda that in the end will make profit impossible. These theee actions would restore corporations to their core mission of making money. It would also reaffirm our national commitment to free speech. The left should not be allowed to continue to use corporate America as a hammer to beat us into submission.
You might want to research the Supreme Court justices responsible for Citizens United. Hint: it wasn't the liberal justices.

Old 06-09-2019, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
By therapy, he meant gulag or re-education through hard labor.
I know. Brainwashing until I agree with liberals.

Old 06-09-2019, 02:16 PM

8,998 posts, read 4,111,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielj72 View Post

1. State laws that forbid employers from taking action against employees for exercising their free speech rights outside of work. Let’s take the teeth out of the corporate HR departments P.C. wing. No more terminations for offending people on the internet, attendance at political rallies etc.

So an employer should be able to fire an employee for being gay but not for other activities they participate in off the clock that you might agree with? Wouldn't that be selective discrimination against the LGBT community? Then again, in your ideal world homosexuality would be illegal and companies that didn't fire known homosexuals would probably be fined or worse.

#2 and #3 are things that the Christian Right has already attempted to do. The fact of the matter is there's just not enough people who are bothered enough by pro-LGBT corporate policies to make a boycott effective. I know a lot of older Baptists who are still boycotting Target because of their transgender bathroom stance but overall, it's not something a majority are really bothered by or if they are, at least not enough to stop shopping there.

While you are currently experiencing a moment of political dominance, the trends haven't changed and Christian fundamentalism is becoming less popular. Younger generations don't want to live in a society ruled by Old Testament law.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or