U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2019, 10:26 AM

623 posts, read 128,044 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
We all know about Gilette's commercial, and how their razors are great for transgendered women. I've got another one:

MACY's. I was shopping there, and their cause of the week is the gay community apparently. Literally every 10 minutes, a recording came on the PA system about donating to the LBGTQR community. (I find these constant PA announcements annoying anyway.....like "attention Kmart shoppers.") Then, at checkout, I was asked if I would like to donate to help gay people.

And it's not just MACYs.If I have four errands to run, I will have been asked to donate to a special cause four times. Five errands, five times. It's a very annoying pattern that seems to be the Modus Operandi these days, and I wish it would stop. I give generously to charities of my own choosing and don't like being badgered for money at every turn.

I also wonder if these stores deduct the money they collect as a charitable deduction off their profits. Anyone know?
Vote with your wallet! I do!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2019, 10:42 AM

32,477 posts, read 16,633,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_n_Tenn View Post
Think about their stupid business model. They certainly don't understand cultivating a client base. Bambi is gonna protest.
Disney does not understand how to cultivate a client base?

Old 06-07-2019, 10:49 AM
Status: "The nicest curve on a woman's body is her smile" (set 19 days ago)

2,427 posts, read 4,313,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Disney does not understand how to cultivate a client base?
Not if they support abortion.

Celebrate straight people for giving you life and keeping you in the womb... or you couldn't come here and beach about it.
... something to ponder

Old 06-07-2019, 11:20 AM

16,230 posts, read 18,692,270 times
I have nothing against gay people, and I support gay peoples right to love whoever. I don't do penis or vagina patrols. With that said near my job as a pass through the Manhattan Mall in Midtown Manhattan. I walk pass a stroll of rainbow colored shirts, pants and tops tailored for traditional families. I would probably wear a shirt like that on pride day eventhough I'm not LGBT, but the average person wont wear such articles. My thing is this. If you don't like these corporations who are woke such as Macys, such as starbucks, such as Microsoft, Apple, Google, and Facebook. Stop using their platforms.

Its also funny that such people who support these woke brands are also very hypocritical. While Microsoft is woke, Microsoft does research for military and help develop military optical tech like augmented visor which will asssit soldiers to kill.

These conscious and woke black and brown folks that care about black and brown people, and use their iPhone for activism. Why don't such people help fund and purchase iPhone for black and brown people across the world, or force apple to lower iPhone prices for black and brown people. Can never happen.

Starbucks is woke and likes to talk about race and sex, and is pro gay, sadly on the opposite side of the world, Starbucks in Saudi Arabia men and women sit separately and homosexuality is punishable via death.

If you want to avoid woke brands, than stop supporting them. Turn in your iPhone and MacBook's. Buy Samsung device with non windows or google android OS. Don't use windows os and Microsoft Xbox. Instead use Linux as a os and for gaming use Nintendo which is known for not being woke. Instead of drinking Starbucks, drink from dunkin donuts which admits it is not woke.

Also big corporations like Nike, Microsoft, Apple, Google, Starbucks can afford to be woke. They are multinational corprations, some of these corporations are woke here in America, but may not be woke in Saudi Arabia, Turkey or in Russia even where they can also make billions and bring home. I don't know why woke folks still support woke corporations even though such corporations are not woke overseas.

Old 06-07-2019, 08:54 PM

6,635 posts, read 4,599,497 times
Don’t really care what stores or corporations do. If I like or need their product, I buy it. If I don’t, then I don’t. Life’s too short to go around trying to figure out the rest of it. And it doesn’t matter anyway. It’s just bread and circuses.

Old 06-08-2019, 10:54 AM

8,097 posts, read 2,417,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
Corporations are people too. Why aren’t they allowed to have political opinions?
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
They also have religions.
Apparently corporations are not only people, they're 'woke' religious people with political opinions.

Old 06-08-2019, 11:40 AM

1,834 posts, read 1,948,622 times
But but but I thought corporations (and therefore capitalism) were always inherently right-wing???

That's what these all these "free market" conservatives/libertarians on here are always blabbering on about anyways...

Last edited by Lycanmaster; 06-08-2019 at 12:01 PM..

Old 06-08-2019, 12:04 PM

12,735 posts, read 3,228,585 times
Yet another source of heartburn for some that really seems awfully petty all considered and again with the "leftist social issues?"

Ironic I think, since charity -- choosing when to give and when not -- is decidedly a conservative preference over say taxes to support or defeat such issues, but here too the bottom line is that corporations do what they do for essentially one reason. Anyone not know what that is? At the far more consequential level, we have the Supreme Court deciding that corporations are people, and as such not only is it entirely their right and prerogative to solicit as they see fit but also to lobby on behalf of their bottom line to our government representatives. Heartburn over the former as compared to the latter is kinda funny if you ask me...

I've also got to wonder why it is in vogue with some to express heartburn over support of gays of all things (that hardly bothers me in the least) when hate crimes against them, like antiSemitism, are on the rise all over the world.

Gay couple beaten up for refusing to kiss for men’s entertainment

https://metro.co.uk/2019/06/07/gay-c...7/?ito=cbshare

Funny how the focus for some seems to be so entirely different than for others, typically for obvious reasons. Who's like me and who isn't...

When it comes to this particular source of heartburn anyway, I tend to agree with whomever commented the same thing before. Life is really too short...

Old 06-08-2019, 12:07 PM

9,018 posts, read 4,119,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post

I've also got to wonder why it is in vogue with some to express heartburn over support of gays of all things (that hardly bothers me in the least) when hate crimes against them are on the rise all over the world?
Because the fundamentalist Christians secretly laud hate crimes against gays. I grew up in a church where "kill the gays" was a sentiment that was expressed regularly.

The hatred against the LGBT community among evangelical Christians/Republicans runs very deep.

Old 06-08-2019, 12:11 PM

14,188 posts, read 6,432,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
We all know about Gilette's commercial, and how their razors are great for transgendered women. I've got another one:

MACY's. I was shopping there, and their cause of the week is the gay community apparently. Literally every 10 minutes, a recording came on the PA system about donating to the LBGTQR community. (I find these constant PA announcements annoying anyway.....like "attention Kmart shoppers.") Then, at checkout, I was asked if I would like to donate to help gay people.

And it's not just MACYs.If I have four errands to run, I will have been asked to donate to a special cause four times. Five errands, five times. It's a very annoying pattern that seems to be the Modus Operandi these days, and I wish it would stop. I give generously to charities of my own choosing and don't like being badgered for money at every turn.

I also wonder if these stores deduct the money they collect as a charitable deduction off their profits. Anyone know?
You people need to get out more. Did you know that it's Pride month? Did you know that many cities have Pride events this weekend? That's why you're seeing that, duh. Get over it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or