Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2019, 07:25 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,524,110 times

Advertisements

It's Pride month silly. That is why your Macy's is asking.

Oh woe is me! I 'round up' for the local food bank too when I shop at Kroger's.

Old 06-07-2019, 07:26 AM

18,492 posts, read 9,159,286 times
Corporations are people too. Why aren’t they allowed to have political opinions?

Old 06-07-2019, 07:26 AM

1,659 posts, read 1,242,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Wahine View Post
I was just reminded that Tom’s shoes was another one to jump into progressive pet causes this year by using their internet marketing to promote gun control legislation.

I like Tom’s shoes. They’re cute, comfortable, and their business plan of “one for one”, meaning every pair bought = a pair donated is something that I like. I do not appreciate however my email address being used to send me whiny over-the-top pleas from their faceless CEO admonishing our current gun laws and encouraging me to buy their products in an effort to help support that cause. As I result I’ve not bought any Tom’s this year. I’ll follow suit with other companies that concentrate on social issues over delivering consistent product quality to consumers, too.
Toms shoes... save the world by buying yourself stuff!! LOL

Old 06-07-2019, 07:27 AM

16,911 posts, read 10,589,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
Corporations are people too. Why aren’t they allowed to have political opinions?
They also have religions.

Old 06-07-2019, 07:29 AM

13,601 posts, read 4,931,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
Yes. It's EVERYWHERE.

Here's my day yesterday: Went to MACYs, and asked to give money to help gay people. Then went to lunch, and there was a line above the tip line to donate to something-or-other. Then to the grocery store where I was asked to give to support soldiers. (At least that's not a controversial lefty issue.) Then outside the grocery, some lowlife asked me for money because his car ran out of gas. (Yeah, right.) And, last stop, to the pet store, where I was asked for another donation (to homeless animals, so again, at least it's not for a social lefty cause). And then, at the corner of the parking lot, a homeless guy (there's a homeless shelter nearby, to which I donate) going up to cars at the stop sign, asking for money.

It just never ends. We have entered a new era of society where everyone has their hand out, constantly.
OK, here you are talking about people in general asking for handouts. But your thread title specifically references "leftist social issues". So which is it that really bothers you?

I don't think corporations do anything that doesn't enhance their profits, so if corporations are coming out in support of "leftist" issues it probably means that the majority of their customers like that they are doing so. If you don't like Macy's support of LGBTQ community, shop elsewhere.

Old 06-07-2019, 07:30 AM

52,698 posts, read 34,548,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detachable arm View Post
So don’t shop there anymore? This is what happens when millennials get promoted ahead of their time. I think this is a phase that will soon pass. After all, what large, everyday companies that embraced gayness and transgenderism went on to be a more successful business? I can’t think of one that didn’t face backlash.
that's a start. but if you don't let them know why you're no longer shopping there they never get the message.

Old 06-07-2019, 07:32 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,502,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
It's Pride month silly. That is why your Macy's is asking.

Oh woe is me! I 'round up' for the local food bank too when I shop at Kroger's.
So do they have to announce it non-stop over the PA system every 10 minutes? Lowers the caliber of the shopping experience even further. "Attention K-Mart shoppers!"

Old 06-07-2019, 07:34 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,506,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
that's a start. but if you don't let them know why you're no longer shopping there they never get the message.
Exactly. In my case, I sent an email to their corporate office letting them know why my Tom’s purchases were going on hiatus. I even included a photo attachment of the 8-9 pairs of Tom’s lined up in my closet. I received a personal reply, and felt satisfied by the exchange. It won’t make a difference in their bottom line, but I felt better, and that’s what mattered.

Old 06-07-2019, 07:35 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,502,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
OK, here you are talking about people in general asking for handouts. But your thread title specifically references "leftist social issues". So which is it that really bothers you?

I don't think corporations do anything that doesn't enhance their profits, so if corporations are coming out in support of "leftist" issues it probably means that the majority of their customers like that they are doing so. If you don't like Macy's support of LGBTQ community, shop elsewhere.
Mostly it's the constant handouts, but if they have to badger customers for money, it should be for non-partisan causes.

And I doubt that most of MACYs customers liked being distracted every ten 10 minutes with blaring PA announcements gleefully announcing their fundraising for gay people or needy schoolchildren in one of the most affluent counties in the country.

Old 06-07-2019, 07:48 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,943,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
Mostly it's the constant handouts, but if they have to badger customers for money, it should be for non-partisan causes.

And I doubt that most of MACYs customers liked being distracted every ten 10 minutes with blaring PA announcements gleefully announcing their fundraising for gay people or needy schoolchildren in one of the most affluent counties in the country.
Why are they fundraising for gay people? According to the statistics gays have a ton of disposable income. So what are they fundraising for?

Waiting for the "used to be millionaires" charity.

"Eric was a top performer until he got fired. Now he can barely afford the mortgage on his 7-bedroom colonial with indoor/outdoor pool. He had to cancel his 3rd vacation to Fiji this year. Can you help him get back on his feet?"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies